Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw View Post
    Thank you, MFB, for your work on this. As soon as there's an updated link to download from, I'll try it.
    Its updated! Credit also goes to Tomtastic and Jamesgangut.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    Its updated! Credit also goes to Tomtastic and Jamesgangut.
    Of course - thanks to all of you

Thank you for the new link. I'll let you know how it goes!
    I'm getting:
    I'm getting this error message after I hit 'proceed': "The updater is not compatible with this device."

I've reformatted the card in the Palm and I still get that error.

ANy thoughts?
    Is your Treo att or unlocked ?
    unlocked GSM 1.04ROW

I tried a different brand and size memory card too... same problem
    Hey if you need another host please let me know.
    Can you post the checkdb.pdb file found in the scenario folder? I'll take a look inside
    2canSAM,

Yup, file needs a host.
    Can you post the checkdb.pdb file found in the scenario folder? I'll take a look inside
    too late I erased everything and restored
    Worked very smoothly for me - so far so good - Thank you!
    ok im going to try this when i figure out what im doing
    Just to make sure........ The original files + Four dropped in files are for ATT/Cingular phones, not ROW, right?
    Unlocked ROW as is, ATT/Cingular method needs the 4 files previously posted.
    Just installed the Custom Rom on my updated ATT with the 4 replaced files. Went smoothly and only took 10 minutes. After that I use filespc2pda and transfer the files for calculator and pTunes back to RAM. Everything back to normal minus the useless Doc2go, mytreo, getgood, and versamail.
    Question about docs to go 8.003 - The one installed in rom is 8.002. If I update, its missing a file to open .xls files. I cant use 9 and 10 as these do not permit copying data from spreadsheet to other apps such as messaging or just memos.

Any idea on how to make 8.003 work on the treo 680 is appreciated.
    I am getting the Cingular Splash screen when I on/off the radio. Anyway, to get the Palm Unlocked version of the Splash screen instead?
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorepalm View Post
    I am getting the Cingular Splash screen when I on/off the radio. Anyway, to get the Palm Unlocked version of the Splash screen instead?
    This was discussed earlier in this thread.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6&postcount=23

Make sure you delete the current files from RAM and copy these to RAM.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

can you post a ROM with Versamail, calc, ptunes?
  19.    #59  
    Question about docs to go 8.003 - The one installed in rom is 8.002. If I update, its missing a file to open .xls files. I cant use 9 and 10 as these do not permit copying data from spreadsheet to other apps such as messaging or just memos.

Any idea on how to make 8.003 work on the treo 680 is appreciated.
    If copy and pasting is an issue you might look at Mobi-Office instead of DTG. I switched for that very reason.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Hi there!

Many thanks to MFB for his work!

I've got an unlocked Treo680: if I have correctly understood, applying the Treo680CustomROWSDUpdater means that I will get the camera patch, dst updater and security patch already installed in ROM (so no need to reinstall them in case of an hard reset?).

The only things that should be "fixed" after an hard reset are the splash screens from Cingular to be replaced as previously explained.

As I (rarely) use Versamail can someone explain which files I need to install to RAM (should I copy them from ROM before patching or are there on the Palm CD that came with the Treo?)

Thanks and Ciao from Italy

Sergio
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast