Page 27 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 1377
  1. #521  
    Ok..... after a week of thinking about it.. reading about it... I think I'm almost ready to do it!! still a little shaky so before I start.... I wanna make sure that I'm doing it all right....

    This is the info for my phone
    Firmware: MW01.50
    Software TREO680-1.04ROW
    CC Cap 000-000-000
    Carrier DB 355
    Hardware A

    I am going to do the most min of ROM... which is cust1... though I really wish it didn't have the wired kit... I have no plans to add the kit to my car... I know I need to reformat my sd card... going to just copy the stuff that is on it to the PC.. then add them later.... I am NOT going to use anything from my back up except for a very few personalized files from z launcher and blazer and pocketquicken.... is there anything else I need to do or think about before I attempt this... I am a bit leary I will admit.... this 680 is my brain... ...... so any words of advice or encouragement..( or better yet someone do to do it for me so I don't have to watch it!!! lol)
  2. #522  
    one more quick question... should the sync cable be plugged in while doing the custom rom????
  3. #523  
    Make a backup using NVBackup or so before starting.

    Quote Originally Posted by sassiebrat View Post
    one more quick question... should the sync cable be plugged in while doing the custom rom????
    Charger cable.
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
  4. #524  
    I'm pretty much going to start over.. just like it's new out of the box... going to install stuff fresh..... been playing again with adding and taking off programs and even though I use an deinstaller.... i think it still leaves bits and pieces.. so i'm starting fresh....
  5. #525  
    Ok.. i'm really going to be a pest about this... I've d/l the cust1 and I notice there is ATT stuff in there... I don't want ATT on my phone.. I am with cincinnati bell.... is this going to be a problem?? I have not done anything yet... other than clean up some stuff on my treo... and go thru all the programs I have to get the ones I want to put back on in one folder, and copy the stuff off my card..... (sorry to be such a woosh about this.. but I wanna make sure I do and have everything I need when I start this...... )
  6.    #526  
    Quote Originally Posted by sassiebrat View Post
    Ok.. i'm really going to be a pest about this... I've d/l the cust1 and I notice there is ATT stuff in there... I don't want ATT on my phone.. I am with cincinnati bell.... is this going to be a problem?? I have not done anything yet... other than clean up some stuff on my treo... and go thru all the programs I have to get the ones I want to put back on in one folder, and copy the stuff off my card..... (sorry to be such a woosh about this.. but I wanna make sure I do and have everything I need when I start this...... )
    It is an ATT rom version, all ATT stuff is removed it will look like an unlocked version.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  7. #527  
    so when I'm all done it will still look like my unlocked phone.. but be much better cause all that crap is gone.......
  8. #528  
    Ok it's all done.. and it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be... but I have one small issue.. when I shut down or do a soft reset it's telling me to load SAMgr.lip, and then I also get an error message that says it can't find DM0207..... I have no idea what or where to find these.. I checked all the old backups I had and I can't seem to find either one of those files.... any idea?
  9. #529  
    I fixed it. I redid the custom rom.... then did a hotsync with a blank backup folder..... fixed the problem! Thanks for the rom..... it's wonderful!!
  10. #530  
    Hi, I have a Treo 680 and in the box it said TREO 680, GSM QUAD BAND BRAZIL.

    I live in Brazil and would like to use a custom rom, but I'd like one with the Portuguese language. Is there a way of doing it?

    My treo has this INFO:

    Firmware: MW01.70
    Software: TREO680-1.07-LAT
    CC Cap: LAT-GEB-002
    Carrier DB: 430
    Hardware: A

    Can I use this custom roms with my treo?

    And Jamesgangut, if it isn't to much could you do a cust 1 with the portuguese language, and english for compatibility?

    One last thing, could some one post how much is tha gain with each cut rom?
  11. #531  
    wOW. tHANKS jAMESGANGUT!!!

    This ROM is nothing short of amazing... My phone is usable again, and the battery's at 3/4 after a day! Amazing!!!

    Couple quick questions...
    1. I made the boneheaded mistake of doing a restore, and it took me back to ptunes 3. I reflashed, but somehow it stayed at ptunes 3... How do I get ptunes 4 back?

    2. Does this improve bluetooth performance? I'm itching to get A2DP stereo and want to get some feedback before jumping in on an S9...

    Thanks again!!!
  12. #532  
    I don't think the custom rom does much or anything with Bluetooth, nor with battery performance. It does give you more space and cache, though. A2DP works fine with the custom rom, but worked fine before also. The problem that has yet to be resolved is using a headset with music and switching back after a phone call interrupts it. The phone call always seems to come through but returning to the music is difficult to impossible without turning off the BT and turning it back on.
  13. #533  
    installed the update. it was painless! thanks all.
  14. #534  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeusrw View Post
    Just upgraded from 650 to 680 and immediately applied MFB's custom ROM. The upgrade process went as smoothly as it possibly could have on my phone that is locked to the Rogers network (remember to change the package installer as per this post).
    ...

    Thanks to MFB and jamesgangut for all of their work in making the lives of all of us, litter free.
    Hmmm in a bit of a pickle here... about a week or so ago, I noticed the camera app not working... it might have not been working for a while as I don't remember trying it since applying the custom ROM. I get the error message "No Camera : Unable to launch camera because no camera is present in the device". It's not that I use the camera often but it's nice to have in an emergency. After trawling the net for a solution and only finding (and trying) "try a hard reset" I called Palm technical support. They suggested returning the device but I asked what could be the problem. He said it was probably something to do with when the ROM was "originally" flashed that a file didn't transfer properly or something, indicating it was probably a software issue not a hardware one. Thought I would try reflashing the custom ROM again but this time got the message "This update is not compatible with this device" (or something similar)... any thoughts anyone?

    BTW I don't recall seeing anything about the camera not being included in the ROM or that anyone else has had any problems with this... so I assume I've screwed up royally. The custom ROM rocks... so don't get put off by my experience.

    Thanks.
    Palm V, Palm Vx, Tungsten W, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680
  15. #535  
    I tested my camera since I just flashed my treo recently and it works. Phew!
  16.    #536  
    I have seen that camera message myself once. A soft reset fixed it. Have you tried just after a hard reset?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  17.    #537  
    Quote Originally Posted by thomazff View Post
    Hi, I have a Treo 680 and in the box it said TREO 680, GSM QUAD BAND BRAZIL.

    I live in Brazil and would like to use a custom rom, but I'd like one with the Portuguese language. Is there a way of doing it?

    My treo has this INFO:

    Firmware: MW01.70
    Software: TREO680-1.07-LAT
    CC Cap: LAT-GEB-002
    Carrier DB: 430
    Hardware: A

    Can I use this custom roms with my treo?

    And Jamesgangut, if it isn't to much could you do a cust 1 with the portuguese language, and english for compatibility?

    One last thing, could some one post how much is tha gain with each cut rom?
    This firmware software combo is much different than the 1.04/MW1.50 that the regular unlocked versions come with. I am not sure I would goto an ATT ROM myself as this is designed for Brazil, especially if I was in Brazil. I would want to see if the 1.07 has all the patches already included, also the firmware may be tuned for the services offered there.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  18. #538  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    This firmware software combo is much different than the 1.04/MW1.50 that the regular unlocked versions come with. I am not sure I would goto an ATT ROM myself as this is designed for Brazil, especially if I was in Brazil. I would want to see if the 1.07 has all the patches already included, also the firmware may be tuned for the services offered there.
    Thanks for the answer.

    As for the tunned services, I think there ain't any.

    I will stick to it for while, and will be watching this topic.
  19. #539  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    I have seen that camera message myself once. A soft reset fixed it. Have you tried just after a hard reset?
    Thanks Jamesgangut but this didn't work... any reason why I can't reflash my phone again using MFB's Custom ROM? It's not a one time only deal is it?

    When I try to reapply the ROM it says something like "this device is incompatible with the upgrade" (or words to that effect)... any thoughts...?

    Any other pointers greatly appreciated.
    Palm V, Palm Vx, Tungsten W, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680
  20.    #540  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeusrw View Post
    Thanks Jamesgangut but this didn't work... any reason why I can't reflash my phone again using MFB's Custom ROM? It's not a one time only deal is it?

    When I try to reapply the ROM it says something like "this device is incompatible with the upgrade" (or words to that effect)... any thoughts...?

    Any other pointers greatly appreciated.
    What does your Phone Info say for versions?

    You can reflash many times.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Posting Permissions