Page 23 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
  1.    #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by georgekessel View Post
    Hmm, I wonder if I made a mistake in updating my Rom. My Rogers 680 was Firmware 1.50 and now I'm down to 1.34
    However I did go from software 1.04 to 1.09 which is in the correct direction...

I didn't back up my old rom, is it possible to get it back somehow or should I not worry about it?
    No way to go back as of now, no SD updater for unlocked or Rogers. The firmware versions are very much tied to the software version. firmware R01.34 with software 1.04 caused problems hanging up the phone. There is more to the Firmware version than just the number Ex. MT1.50, R01.34, MW1.60
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

James could you explain that a bit more in laymans terms so I can understand it better. The stock MT1.50 was not an update over R01.34 then?
    thanks guy, it works for me, my phone is att.
  4.    #444  
    James could you explain that a bit more in laymans terms so I can understand it better. The stock MT1.50 was not an update over R01.34 then?
    This is not definite but I think there is an "M" Series and "R" series. So the 1.xx does't really matter as they are tied to the software version.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hi, thank you jamesgangut, MFB and tomtastic!!! I was very frustrated with the lack of support for unlocked Treo 680s for these common bugs. I applied custom2 to my Treo without difficulty and got all of my personal data back on with no trouble (ok, it took 4 tries, but that's my fault. ) My Treo is already noticably faster and I like that many annoying apps are now gone.

Thanks again!
    Hi guys!

My phone version is:
    Firmware: MW01.50
    Software: TREO680-1.04-ROW
    CC-Cap: ROG-ROG-013
    Carrier DB: 356
    Hardware: A

When i try to update using Custom Rom6, i always get "updater is not compatible with this device"

I even tried both PackageVersion.txt and CMC-PackageVersion.txt patch files. Same thing.

Please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    You can try this, we had to modify this for the unlocked version so here is a Rogers version. I haven't been able to test it but it is something we have seen with other versions.

You just replace the version in the cust rom.
    For that Rogers phone please use the info in this post #358 above (go to this post and download and use the file as per above, it works great!)
    For that Rogers phone please use the info in this post #358 above (go to this post and download and use the file as per above, it works great!)
    it worked, thanks a lot !

Edit:

But it's slower then before...

I applied Custom 6 rom...do you advise me another one ?
    Last edited by slingky; 07/09/2007 at 07:39 AM.
    Guys, all this information is great, I am really looking to get Push email on my ATT branded 680, do anyone know or have a hacked version of the latest Palm Unlocked firmware that I can blact over the Newest ATT firmware. Or does anyone have another way to get Microsoft Direct push on my ATT 680?

Thanks
    Got any result? Successful?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Try this.
    I tried. But not successful.
    Is there a copy of the original ROM available? I am using unlocked version in Singapore.

I am very much like to try the custom rom but just wondering if anything happen to my 680 later down the road, can I flash back the original ROM before sending it for repair at Palm.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    It shouldn't be a problem as Im also from South East Asia and it works with my telco. Im sending you a pm with the download link. I no longer posted it as most users need one or several of the apps previously in rom.
    HI MFB,

I have the same problem in GPRS connection. Can you send me the LINK? Please help......

Thanks.
    Palm III -> Revo -> Palm V -> Clie 760 -> Clie T650C -> SE P800 -> Treo 600 -> Clie UX50 -> The Dark Side -> Treo 650 -> Nokia E61 -> Treo 680
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahlokie View Post
    Hi, I just did a CutomRom1 again today 4th June with the below phone info now. Without copying CarrierProfiles2.pdb, NetworkProfiles2.pdb, the Carrier DB shows 292, but still faces the above GPRS error. It seem the GPRS is never activated to connect anyway.

Now that I have copy the above 2 pdb, my phone info shows the below but still the same connection error.

Firmare: R01.34
    Software: Treo680-1.09-ROW
    Carrier DB: 388

Anyone has similar problem? I am using a Singapore operator... with an unlocked Treo 680. Am really lost now.

** Latest, Tried with StarHub operator in Singapore works, but NOT my network provider SingTel though I am sure I got GPRS subscribed and works on other phone model. Any files I can try to over-write to get it working?

Thanks in advance,
    Edward

Is this GRPS problem resolved? I am facing this problem now, unable to connect to GPRS. Cant check my email and send MMS now. I am panic... please help......
    Palm III -> Revo -> Palm V -> Clie 760 -> Clie T650C -> SE P800 -> Treo 600 -> Clie UX50 -> The Dark Side -> Treo 650 -> Nokia E61 -> Treo 680
  15.    #455  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xest View Post
    Is there a copy of the original ROM available? I am using unlocked version in Singapore.

I am very much like to try the custom rom but just wondering if anything happen to my 680 later down the road, can I flash back the original ROM before sending it for repair at Palm.
    No the only version at this time is the ATT.

just took the plunge and it seems to be working great. :knocksonwood: thanks.
    Agreed - Thank you so much for posting them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMan View Post
    just took the plunge and it seems to be working great. :knocksonwood: thanks.
    Would you please stop knocking my head ?
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadmy View Post
    Is this GRPS problem resolved? I am facing this problem now, unable to connect to GPRS. Cant check my email and send MMS now. I am panic... please help......

did you guys check your internet settings on your 680? because it might have changed to at&t settings.. since it is a at&t rom..
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Yes, I changed the user name, password and APN according to my Provider's setting. But, I still receive the error message of:

Error: GPRS connection not available,................... - Error code is (0x7143)