Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Thanks Khris.

My PDA History (In Order):
    Sharp ZQ-190P, Palm 105, 125, Handpring Treo 180, Dell Axim X5, Zire 72, Palm Treo 600, BlackBerry 7250, Treo 650 & *680*
    Quote Originally Posted by JaguarXJ7 View Post
    Thanks Khris.
    You're welcome. Not the answer you wanted though....
    Can the exchange mail add-on be added to the Cingular Treo 680 with custom rom? If not, is there a way to get the MS Exchange add on onto the Cingular Treo?
    Mike
    I finally did a custom ROM on my 680. But i noticed im having problems waking up my device after using Custom ROM #7. Never had a problem with this when i used (briefly) Custom ROM #1.

All of the hard keys have a delayed (more than 20 secs) response when waking up the device. Anyone else having this problem?
    ok did the custom rom 8 along with that rogers patch as i am on rogers wireless.. works fine so far.. dont know the diff yet... but its only been 5 mins.. Thanks James, MFB and Tomtastic.. you guys are the best
    Last edited by wongster; 06/19/2007 at 08:51 AM.
    Last night I did the Custom Rom 2 and it went perfectly. I'm so happy! My only regret is that couldn't do it sooner. I couldn't find my AC charger. Turns out it was in one of my knitting bags that I haven't touched since December. Now my room looks like a disaster area but it's so worth it. Thanks James, MFB, and Tomtastic for the excellent work.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
  7.    #387  
    Quote Originally Posted by prolab View Post
    I finally did a custom ROM on my 680. But i noticed im having problems waking up my device after using Custom ROM #7. Never had a problem with this when i used (briefly) Custom ROM #1.

All of the hard keys have a delayed (more than 20 secs) response when waking up the device. Anyone else having this problem?
    Do you have this delay right after a hard reset? This is usually a data issue from restoring.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Do you have this delay right after a hard reset? This is usually a data issue from restoring.
    I finally fix the problem. Restore from an older version of my backup. Thanks for the help.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Still NO answer on the BlueTooth issue ?
  10.    #390  
    Quote Originally Posted by guisof View Post

Still NO answer on the BlueTooth issue ?
    If changing these files causes a reset loop there is not way to fix your treo. So I have not even tried.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Hello all,

Maybe I'm talking nonsense here.. , but isn't it possible to copy the Bluetooth Manager from the Treo 650 to a custom ROM for the 680?
    The BT Manager on the 650 worked fine....

@guisof: I know what you mean..it's so frustrating that Palm doesn't fix these problems. If it isn't fixed within a couple of months I'm gonna change to Windows Mobile....grrr
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Hello all,

AS I explained, before upgrading the BlueTooth was PERFECT on my ROW 1.04 ROM. All calls were forwarded to the Headset, and when I was passing a call it wasforwarded too perfectly.
    Since I have upgraded to 1.09, I do have the following issue :
    When call arrives, they are properly forwarded to the Headset.
    When I pass calls here is the situation: First call I pass is correctly forwarded, I hear initialisation etc... 2nd call I pass, the headset is activated BUT I hear no ringtones. When the person take the call the voice suddenly goes through. 3rd call I pass, no rings trhough headset, and NO voice ! Eventhough the BT is displayed on screen etc...

Below I repost my different operations :
    Hello all,

I posted 1 or 3 messages already concernin gthe Bluetooth connection. I received no answer yet on this subject. I allow myself to insist as the situation is 'most' bizarre..
    I have a T680 bought in France (unlocked GSM, ROW)
    I have the Jabra BT X10 (Excellent BTW !)

All the BT stuff was working GREAT : After the first pairing, the BT headset was recognised, All features working in an excellent manner, I had to re-synch 2 or 3 times in 3 month only. I use it intensively everyday of the week.

I upgraded with the Custom ROM 5. I restored my SD back-up, taking care NOT restoring the carrier and CamLib files.
    I resynch the BT

Since then I am experiencing what seems 'classical' BT issues as posted in one of the thread here. It seems to be a 'typical' north Americ issue or ?)

I re-paired several times, reseted all, deleted the pref, tried all sort of parameters or preferences... nothing helps... I even reinstalled full the Custom ROM, WITHOUT restoring the BT files. Nothing helps...

Question to MFB or Jamesgangut :
    Could you try to take all the BlueTooth related files from a 1.04 ROW (French ?) ROM and replace the ones from the ATT 1.09 ROM ?
    Maybe the cause comes from that ?
    Hello all,

AS I explained, before upgrading the BlueTooth was PERFECT on my ROW 1.04 ROM. All calls were forwarded to the Headset, and when I was passing a call it wasforwarded too perfectly.
    Since I have upgraded to 1.09, I do have the following issue :
    When call arrives, they are properly forwarded to the Headset.
    When I pass calls here is the situation: First call I pass is correctly forwarded, I hear initialisation etc... 2nd call I pass, the headset is activated BUT I hear no ringtones. When the person take the call the voice suddenly goes through. 3rd call I pass, no rings trhough headset, and NO voice ! Eventhough the BT is displayed on screen etc...

Below I repost my different operations :
    Hello all,

I posted 1 or 3 messages already concernin gthe Bluetooth connection. I received no answer yet on this subject. I allow myself to insist as the situation is 'most' bizarre..
    I have a T680 bought in France (unlocked GSM, ROW)
    I have the Jabra BT X10 (Excellent BTW !)

All the BT stuff was working GREAT : After the first pairing, the BT headset was recognised, All features working in an excellent manner, I had to re-synch 2 or 3 times in 3 month only. I use it intensively everyday of the week.

I upgraded with the Custom ROM 5. I restored my SD back-up, taking care NOT restoring the carrier and CamLib files.
    I resynch the BT

Since then I am experiencing what seems 'classical' BT issues as posted in one of the thread here. It seems to be a 'typical' north Americ issue or ?)

I re-paired several times, reseted all, deleted the pref, tried all sort of parameters or preferences... nothing helps... I even reinstalled full the Custom ROM, WITHOUT restoring the BT files. Nothing helps...

Could you try to take all the BlueTooth related files from a 1.04 ROW (French ?) ROM and replace the ones from the ATT 1.09 ROM ?
    the custom roms are english only I believe. If you do a hard reset and don't restore anything (none of the files) do you still have problems?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  14.    #394  
    Quote Originally Posted by apeka View Post
    Hello all,

Maybe I'm talking nonsense here.. , but isn't it possible to copy the Bluetooth Manager from the Treo 650 to a custom ROM for the 680?
    The BT Manager on the 650 worked fine....

@guisof: I know what you mean..it's so frustrating that Palm doesn't fix these problems. If it isn't fixed within a couple of months I'm gonna change to Windows Mobile....grrr
    Yes it is possible, but it is also very possible that it will cause a permanent reset loop, then there is no way to get your treo back. There is no recover tool at this time for the 680. This is not like what we were ble to do with the 650 as we have two different methods to restore.

I could do these but you would have to run the risk yourself as I will not test it.

15.    #395  
    ROW is not french it is Rest Of the World, it's the Unlocked version. If you want I can make it but if it doesn't work you may have a brick. If you want me to put one together I will but I will not test it and you accept all responsibility.

Have you tried using bluetooth on your treo after a hard reset?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Jamesgut / MFB :
    I did not try the BT right after the ROM install => I'll try.

First i'll try to do from a FRESH Hard reset T680. Then will restore from my SD backup. Then will try.

For the Custom ROM , I'm speaking of the ROW not French ROM. Agreed.

Do you think there may be an issue of taking the BT files from 1.04 ROW to the 1.09 ROW (all english files) ?

Do you have ALL the 1.04 ROW files for a downgrade ?

Thanks in advance for your elements.
    Try after a hard reset, do not restore your back up. I want to know if the bt problem still persist on an empty Treo.
    Before trying to include the BT-related files from 1.04 ROW in the custom ROM, it could be useful to compare the files from the two ROM to see if there is any difference between the files (size, version number...).

FWIW, restoring your old saved & unsaved preferences from 1.04 ROW to the custom ROM seems a bit risky to say the least. If Palm has changed anything in the preferences between the old and new ROM, then chances are that this will cause problems to mix old prefs with the new ROM. Even using prefs coming from another language (i.e. if you were using the French locale on 1.04 ROW and are using English on the new custom ROM) may cause troubles.

Guisof, maybe you can try restoring everything except the saved & unsaved preferences, and any BT-related file that resides in RAM?
    Quote Originally Posted by JaguarXJ7 View Post
    SWEEEEET!! Smooth as silk she was! I used MFB's Rom as it is the bare bones, which is what I was after and the updated file from jamesgangut which took care of the incompatibility issue.

Huge Thanks to both of you for all your work and support!

Firmware: R01.34
    Software: Treo680-1.09-ROW
    CC-Cap:ROG-ROG-001
    Carrier DB: 292

My Treo connected to the network with no problems and immediately after the initial setup was completed. Unlike others though I chose not to restore from back-up as I want a perfectly clean and fresh install of everything, so starting from scratch. No problems syncing either and everything appears to be working perfectly.

Thanks Again!!!!
    Hey, is that Roger phone still locked after doing this update / rom?

I'm about to do Rom #8 to my Rogers locked phone and wonder if it will be unlocked afterwards or if I'll have to spend $15 to get it unlocked via eBay instead?