Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
    or better still, add in the main new software in the 755
  2.    #22  
    As far as the instructions for ROM I did virtually the same thing as tomtastic.

As ffor the phone app I would be very very careful here. there were enough changes in just the firmware to cause problems with the original phone app. If you cause a reset loop you may brick your treo. There is not recovery at this time.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    jamesgangut got the files from unlocked gsm and installed it to ram. Now you see the traditional Palm images. However, we have to wait until he posts the files.

However if you use the CapPackage.zip.pdb from the zip uploaded, you will end up with the Helllo/goodbye Cingular splash instead.
    Here they are you need to delete the files first then copy these in place.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

MFB, can you add these 2 files that James posted to your zip file? I'm scared to touch the rom files. Thanks
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loden View Post
    MFB, can you add these 2 files that James posted to your zip file? I'm scared to touch the rom files. Thanks
    NO! these are to be copied into RAM. Delete the old ones from RAM then copy them to RAM. These files are created from other files in the ROM.

Ah ok, thanks James
    I'm getting this error message after I hit 'proceed': "The updater is not compatible with this device."

I've got an unlocked 680, phone info:

Firmware MW01.50
    Software: TREO680-1.04-ROW
    Carrier DB: 355
    Hardware: A

Is this custom rom only for ATT/Cingular Treo's?
    Please disregard my post above. Apparently it didn't like my SD card being formatted via Windows with 32kb. I formatted the card with my Treo, copied MFB's rom files and its updating my treo now.
    Anyway to get the calculator app from the ROM files? I actually use this ever now and then and wouldn't mind having to install it in RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2canSAM View Post
    Anyway to get the calculator app from the ROM files? I actually use this ever now and then and wouldn't mind having to install it in RAM.

How did your update go? Here are the files. Just install them to ram.
    Other than me not paying attention to needing the calc, it went fine. So far I have not seen any stability issues.
    Last edited by 2canSAM; 05/30/2007 at 09:32 PM.
    Thanks for the ROM.
    but I use most of the ROM software like VersaMail, appreciated if there is the version of unstripped one and let me stripped it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4stupid View Post
    Thanks for the ROM.
    but I use most of the ROM software like VersaMail, appreciated if there is the version of unstripped one and let me stripped it myself.
    If you use everything, why do you want the stripped ROM? The languages give back a little, but not that much..

I think I'm going to drop this into my 680 this weekend.. I've unzipped and placed the four ATT/CNG files in the appropriate places so it should be ready to go.. Just didn't want to do anything in the middle of the work week.
    I need someone to host the zip I uploaded. Im getting emails from yousendit saying that I've exceeded my allocation. You can upload it, pm me then I'll just update the post.
    Flashed the custom ROM on my unlocked ROW set. No problem at all. reset seems much speedier... monitoring for the next few days to see.. Thanks for the effort to create this Custom ROM, really appreciate it!
    First of all thanks for the custom rom. However, I noticed that you also took out the ptunes that comes bundled. Is there other free music player that is better? If not, can you post the rom file for the ptunes. Thanks
    Hello,

It's only ROM update or ROM + FIRMWARE (radio) update ?

Thanks.
    Also worked well on my unlocked ROW with T-Mobile. Very much appreciate all the efforts you guys have put in! For those of you who still want VersaMail, Docs2Go,etc, you can just reinstall them in RAM. I reinstalled VersaMail.
    Quote Originally Posted by addictedtotreo View Post
    First of all thanks for the custom rom. However, I noticed that you also took out the ptunes that comes bundled. Is there other free music player that is better? If not, can you post the rom file for the ptunes. Thanks
    Ptunes has been updated to version 4. However if you still want to use what came with the 680, I've attached the files. Just install in ram.
    Last edited by MFB; 05/31/2007 at 10:35 AM.
    Thank you, MFB, for your work on this. As soon as there's an updated link to download from, I'll try it.
Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast