Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 1377
  1. #361  
    Great question, ahvl! Unfortunately, I'm trying to find out the complete opposite. I have a Cingular branded T680 (unlocked via code) that I'm trying (with little success) to use with a prepaid SIM while in Germany for 6 months. Long story short: the T680 will NOT receive a phone call with this SIM installed, yet it works in friends' phones.

    I wonder if the RoW radio firmware would work better with this non-AT&T SIM... Is it possible for me to (using these custom ROM images or otherwise) make my phone a RoW phone? Or, to at least get the RoW radio firmware (which probably governs the interactions with the SIM card)?

    I described my problems fully in this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=145522

    Thanks much!
  2. #362  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin View Post
    James & MFB,

    Many thanks for sharing your work here. I am a newbie and not technical at all. I've gone through the thread but might have missed the answers to these basic questions:

    1. If I follow MFB's instruction step by step in post #3, what's the risk of getting my treo bricked?

    2. How do I re-install original apps into RAM?

    3. Where can I find the original apps, if I want to re-install into RAM?

    Many thanks again
    Dolphin, Your situation is bit complicated.

    1. If you follow MFB's instruction there isn't a risk of bricking your Treo (May be unless of course a power failure happens during the update.)

    2 and 3. If you want the original apps there are two ways:

    Either you wait Palm officially release this update
    Or
    You get copies of software you want from your Treo/ Simulator before you gonna update it. (If you are a newbie you might have to do your homework for how to do these)

    Your best bet is you better keep your Treo as it is since this is not much of an upgrade unless the DBCache gains.
    R
    Chan
    Treo 680 Mobitel GSM Sri Lanka.
  3. #363  
    hi mfb,jamesgang

    do you have any news for my custom rom?
    i have the gsm unlocked 680 and the ace-palmos.zip file is ready after i have done some changes to make my own custom rom.

    Firmware: MW01.50
    Software: Treo680-1.04-ROW
    CC-Cap:ENA-ISR-003
    Carrier DB: 355

    so know i don't know how realy do resize the file back to 2mb.

    if you can help i'll be grateful.

    Thank you very much,

    Ran.
  4. #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    You can try this, we had to modify this for the unlocked version so here is a Rogers version. I haven't been able to test it but it is something we have seen with other versions.

    You just replace the version in the cust rom.
    OK, I'll give it a go ............. hehe .......... cross your fingers!

    and thanks for your help ......... I'll be sure to let you know how things went.
    ___________________________
    Regards,
    Jag


    My PDA History (In Order):
    Sharp ZQ-190P, Palm 105, 125, Handpring Treo 180, Dell Axim X5, Zire 72, Palm Treo 600, BlackBerry 7250, Treo 650 & *680*
  5. #365  
    SWEEEEET!! Smooth as silk she was! I used MFB's Rom as it is the bare bones, which is what I was after and the updated file from jamesgangut which took care of the incompatibility issue.

    Huge Thanks to both of you for all your work and support!

    Firmware: R01.34
    Software: Treo680-1.09-ROW
    CC-Cap:ROG-ROG-001
    Carrier DB: 292

    My Treo connected to the network with no problems and immediately after the initial setup was completed. Unlike others though I chose not to restore from back-up as I want a perfectly clean and fresh install of everything, so starting from scratch. No problems syncing either and everything appears to be working perfectly.

    Thanks Again!!!!
    ___________________________
    Regards,
    Jag


    My PDA History (In Order):
    Sharp ZQ-190P, Palm 105, 125, Handpring Treo 180, Dell Axim X5, Zire 72, Palm Treo 600, BlackBerry 7250, Treo 650 & *680*
  6.    #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahvl View Post
    My girlfriend has Treo 680 Unlock, and she is with ATT/Cingular Network. Is there any way to update hers with ATT ROM.
    Put it in the other way. How to bypass ROM info check to migrate from ROW ROM to ATT ROM for updating.

    Thank you very much for any help or suggestion!
    The Cust Full is the full ATT ROM less two apps GetGood and Cingulare email. The version will change to 1.09 ROW, but the firmware/software are the ATT.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  7.    #367  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin View Post
    James & MFB,

    Many thanks for sharing your work here. I am a newbie and not technical at all. I've gone through the thread but might have missed the answers to these basic questions:

    1. If I follow MFB's instruction step by step in post #3, what's the risk of getting my treo bricked?

    2. How do I re-install original apps into RAM? Post #3 mentions that apps removed from custom ROM may be copied to RAM. Is there any instruction on how to do this?

    Many thanks again
    1. If you follow the instructions especially keeping the ac power plugged in the whole time and done panic and touch the screen no more than running Palm's updater. It is the same process they use.

    2. If you want to install them you just need to extract thefiles from the rom. rename the extention to just .prc/.pdb and load them. You can also find many of them attached to posts in this thread.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  8. #368  
    Thanks James for the ready-made ROMs and thanks MFB for the guidance...I finally got it!
  9.    #369  
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotChris View Post
    Great question, ahvl! Unfortunately, I'm trying to find out the complete opposite. I have a Cingular branded T680 (unlocked via code) that I'm trying (with little success) to use with a prepaid SIM while in Germany for 6 months. Long story short: the T680 will NOT receive a phone call with this SIM installed, yet it works in friends' phones.

    I wonder if the RoW radio firmware would work better with this non-AT&T SIM... Is it possible for me to (using these custom ROM images or otherwise) make my phone a RoW phone? Or, to at least get the RoW radio firmware (which probably governs the interactions with the SIM card)?

    I described my problems fully in this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=145522

    Thanks much!
    Right now go to ATT is the only option no way to go ROW.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  10. #370  
    Replace cappackage.zip.pdb with attached file in the package you downloaded. It can be found at PALM\DeviceCustomizer\Treo680.ATT

    Let me know how it works out.
    Attached Files
    File Type: pdb CapPackage.zip.pdb (48.8 KB, 0 views)
    From MFB : Can anyone tell me where this file is? Thanks
  11. #371  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    The Cust Full is the full ATT ROM less two apps GetGood and Cingulare email. The version will change to 1.09 ROW, but the firmware/software are the ATT.
    Thank you very much, jamesganut!

    At first, I am confused because of my version info. After updating mine(T680 ROW) from a custom ATT ROM, my firmware becomes R01.34. The software is also updated to a newer 1.09 version, but in ROW instead of ATT.
    Now, everything is clarified. As you stated above "the firmware/software are the ATT". Verion info displayed on the phone was already edited in custom ROMs.
    Last edited by ahvl; 06/15/2007 at 05:52 PM.
  12.    #372  
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    From MFB : Can anyone tell me where this file is? Thanks
    What do you mean where? where to download it or where to put it?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  13. #373  
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    From MFB : Can anyone tell me where this file is? Thanks
    Kocoman,

    This file was posted in an attempt to fix a general error experienced by one of those who have downloaded. I removed it as the problem is different and has been resolved.
  14. #374  
    Another successful upgrade here... used custom 2, have an unlocked "ROW" crimson on Cingular mobile plan

    Thanks Tom, MFB and James for all the work.

    Can't wait to see what happens when the ROW updates show up
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  15. #375  
    Any plans on a cutom ROM for the 755P or 700P?
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 06/18/2007 at 12:52 AM.
  16.    #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Any plans on a cutom ROM for the 755P or 700P?
    755 no updater yet.

    I looked at the 700P MR and they have changed the updater there. There is no ventura-palmos.zip instead it is ventura.rom. The tools we have now won't work.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  17. #377  
    Question for the Custom Rom God's or anyone else with the answer

    How does one get rid of MyMail (Rogers) without doing a custom rom?

    I know someone that only wants to get rid of this, but does not want to install a custom rom. She deletes it from her 680, but the damn thing keeps loading itself back on there. I thought the AddIt conduit was the culprit and had her change the sync to "Do Nothing" .......... but it still gets loaded on somehow.
    ___________________________
    Regards,
    Jag


    My PDA History (In Order):
    Sharp ZQ-190P, Palm 105, 125, Handpring Treo 180, Dell Axim X5, Zire 72, Palm Treo 600, BlackBerry 7250, Treo 650 & *680*
  18. #378  
    Quote Originally Posted by JaguarXJ7 View Post
    How does one get rid of MyMail (Rogers) without doing a custom rom?
    You can't......sorry. MyMail is part of the ROM image.
  19. guisof's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #379  
    Hello all,

    I posted 1 or 3 messages already concernin gthe Bluetooth connection. I received no answer yet on this subject. I allow myself to insist as the situation is 'most' bizarre..
    I have a T680 bought in France (unlocked GSM, ROW)
    I have the Jabra BT X10 (Excellent BTW !)

    All the BT stuff was working GREAT : After the first synch , the BT headset was recognised, All features working in an excellent manner, I had to re-synch 2 or 3 times in 3 month only. I use it intensively everyday of the week.

    I upgraded with the Custom ROM 5. I restored my SD back-up, taking care NOT restoring the carrier and CamLib files.
    I resynch the BT

    Since then I am experiencing what seems 'classical' BT issues as posted in one of the thread here. It seems to be a 'typical' north Americ issue or ?)

    I reesynched several times, restted all, deleted the pref, tried all sort of parameters or preferences... nothing helps... I even reinstalled full the Custom ROM, WITHOUT restoring the BT files. Nothing helps...

    Question to MFB or Jamesgangut :
    Could you try to take all the BlueTooth related files from a 1.04 ROW (French ?) ROM and replace the ones from the ATT 1.09 ROM ?
    Maybe the cause comes from that ?

    Thanks for your excellent job guys ! And thank you for any answer

    Guillaume
  20. #380  
    Quote Originally Posted by guisof View Post
    Hello all,

    I posted 1 or 3 messages already concernin gthe Bluetooth connection. I received no answer yet on this subject. I allow myself to insist as the situation is 'most' bizarre..
    I have a T680 bought in France (unlocked GSM, ROW)
    I have the Jabra BT X10 (Excellent BTW !)

    All the BT stuff was working GREAT : After the first synch , the BT headset was recognised, All features working in an excellent manner, I had to re-synch 2 or 3 times in 3 month only. I use it intensively everyday of the week.

    I upgraded with the Custom ROM 5. I restored my SD back-up, taking care NOT restoring the carrier and CamLib files.
    I resynch the BT

    Since then I am experiencing what seems 'classical' BT issues as posted in one of the thread here. It seems to be a 'typical' north Americ issue or ?)

    I reesynched several times, restted all, deleted the pref, tried all sort of parameters or preferences... nothing helps... I even reinstalled full the Custom ROM, WITHOUT restoring the BT files. Nothing helps...

    Question to MFB or Jamesgangut :
    Could you try to take all the BlueTooth related files from a 1.04 ROW (French ?) ROM and replace the ones from the ATT 1.09 ROM ?
    Maybe the cause comes from that ?

    Thanks for your excellent job guys ! And thank you for any answer

    Guillaume
    I'm sure you've done this but did you try deleting the trusted device and then repairing? Is there a way to reset the jabra? Seems like a pairing problem, redoing the pairing might help. My apologies if you've already tried doing all this.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch

Posting Permissions