Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 1377
  1. #341  
    Quote Originally Posted by holvoetn View Post
    Just wondering: I went over the complete thread and unless I missed it, I do not see exactly which process is used to create those ROMs. Is it available to everybody or only a happy few ?
    Just the happy few

    Kidding, actually it's in another thread, just search for "How to create a custom ROM", it's not a walkthrough by any means, but all the information needed is available there if you are curious enough.
  2. #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    Just the happy few

    Kidding, actually it's in another thread, just search for "How to create a custom ROM", it's not a walkthrough by any means, but all the information needed is available there if you are curious enough.
    I am curious enough to digg up that thread and see what is in there
    Thanks.
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
  3. #343  
    I have a Cingular (locked) 680.

    If I install one of these custom roms, do I get the recent firmware update from Palm "for free", or do should I first install the firmware update and then install one of these custom ROMS afterwards? The firmware update I am talking about is the one posted at
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...pdate/att.html

    I am hoping that these custom ROMS include the firmware update so I only have one thing to install, but I could not confirm that is the case anywhere in the thread.

    Thanks to everyone for all the hard work on these roms! And thanks in advance for clearing up my confusion re the above question.
  4.    #344  
    Yes, they are all based on the AT&T update. However they have been made to be unbranded, not cing att logos etc.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  5. Jozz's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #345  
    I have updated the rom of my phone. It was an unlocked 1.04 ROW, now it's 1.09 ROW, but the carriėr DB didn't change, it's still 355. Is that a problem?
  6.    #346  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozz View Post
    I have updated the rom of my phone. It was an unlocked 1.04 ROW, now it's 1.09 ROW, but the carriėr DB didn't change, it's still 355. Is that a problem?
    It works best with the 292. Just delete carrierprofiles2 and networkprofiles2 then reset and the correct ones will be created.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  7. Jozz's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #347  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    It works best with the 292. Just delete carrierprofiles2 and networkprofiles2 then reset and the correct ones will be created.
    Ok, now it's 292. Thanks.
  8. #348  
    Quote Originally Posted by tannenba View Post
    I have a Cingular (locked) 680.

    If I install one of these custom roms, do I get the recent firmware update from Palm "for free", or do should I first install the firmware update and then install one of these custom ROMS afterwards? The firmware update I am talking about is the one posted at
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...pdate/att.html

    I am hoping that these custom ROMS include the firmware update so I only have one thing to install, but I could not confirm that is the case anywhere in the thread.

    Thanks to everyone for all the hard work on these roms! And thanks in advance for clearing up my confusion re the above question.
    My girlfriend has Treo 680 Unlock, and she is with ATT/Cingular Network. Is there any way to update hers with ATT ROM.
    Put it in the other way. How to bypass ROM info check to migrate from ROW ROM to ATT ROM for updating.

    Thank you very much for any help or suggestion!
  9. #349  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Jag

    list your versions from Phone Info: Need to see what software it has.

    Here it is and thanks in advance for your help.

    Firmware: MW01.50
    Software: Treo680-1.04-ROW
    CC-Cap:ROG-ROG-013
    Carrier DB: 356
  10.    #350  
    Quote Originally Posted by JaguarXJ7 View Post
    Here it is and thanks in advance for your help.

    Firmware: MW01.50
    Software: Treo680-1.04-ROW
    CC-Cap:ROG-ROG-013
    Carrier DB: 356
    It is same firmware and software version as unlocked, so the cust roms will work. Your carrier info will be changed to unbranded.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  11. #351  
    So, i got referred here by a few other people now that im having some weird issues with my unlocked treo 680.

    Without reading all 18+ pages, can someone summerize some of this for me? Im kinda of a newb, but i want my phone to be more stabile, and i want to get rid of some of this junk software that palm pre-loads onto our phones
  12. #352  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZlatkoZ View Post
    So, i got referred here by a few other people now that im having some weird issues with my unlocked treo 680.

    Without reading all 18+ pages, can someone summerize some of this for me? Im kinda of a newb, but i want my phone to be more stabile, and i want to get rid of some of this junk software that palm pre-loads onto our phones
    It's all in the first page, they have been updating the files and the instructions as things have popped up.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  13. #353  
    Thanks for everybody contributed.

    I did the update and it went on smoothly. Made couplla calls and hotsynced. All seems ok no resets after a day of use. He hee.. now I have leaner and meaner Treo 680 than it used to be.

    Didn't notice faster bootup time though, I am happy lang selection is gone and when I run, switch apps it's much snappier now.

    I used MFB's Unlocked GSM ROM

    I hope Palm will anyway release an update for Unlocked T680 in the meantime.

    Cheers for all!
    Last edited by Chandana; 06/15/2007 at 01:07 AM.
    R
    Chan
    Treo 680 Mobitel GSM Sri Lanka.
  14. #354  
    @jamesgangut .......... thanks dude, I'll probably give it a hook tonight.

    One quick question before I do the deed ............ Shall I use one of your roms (custom 1 - least crap) or MFB's .............. The only reason I ask is that you had said my info is the same as unlocked Treo's, but your post #1 does not mentioned anything about unlocked and MFB's does. I just want to be 100% sure I use the right rom.

    Thanks again and thanks to everyone involved in this "project".
    Last edited by JaguarXJ7; 06/14/2007 at 08:08 AM.
  15. #355  
    No Luck! I have tried formatting my card in my treo and through windows .......... have tried jamesgangut's custom 1 rom and MFB's, but I just keep getting the incompatibility error.

    Has anyone had any luck installing a custom rom on a "locked" treo?
    ___________________________
    Regards,
    Jag


    My PDA History (In Order):
    Sharp ZQ-190P, Palm 105, 125, Handpring Treo 180, Dell Axim X5, Zire 72, Palm Treo 600, BlackBerry 7250, Treo 650 & *680*
  16. #356  
    We can do this manually if you like. However, Im not sure what the effects will be.
  17. #357  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    We can do this manually if you like. However, Im not sure what the effects will be.
    Can you be a little more specific. What do you mean by manual? And does one go about doing this?
    ___________________________
    Regards,
    Jag


    My PDA History (In Order):
    Sharp ZQ-190P, Palm 105, 125, Handpring Treo 180, Dell Axim X5, Zire 72, Palm Treo 600, BlackBerry 7250, Treo 650 & *680*
  18.    #358  
    Quote Originally Posted by JaguarXJ7 View Post
    No Luck! I have tried formatting my card in my treo and through windows .......... have tried jamesgangut's custom 1 rom and MFB's, but I just keep getting the incompatibility error.

    Has anyone had any luck installing a custom rom on a "locked" treo?
    You can try this, we had to modify this for the unlocked version so here is a Rogers version. I haven't been able to test it but it is something we have seen with other versions.

    You just replace the version in the cust rom.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  19. #359  
    Hi All!

    I just want to rephrase my question posted yesterday, and hopefully there is some help. Thanks!

    My girl friend has a T680 ROW with Cingular. She is tired of waiting for ROW update from Palm, and she wants to switch to ATT/Cingular ROM complelely; (official ATT ROM update recently).

    Is there anyway to update a T680 ROW (unlock) with an ATT ROM update? I have tried it for her, and of course it won't go.

    Thank you!
  20. #360  
    James & MFB,

    Many thanks for sharing your work here. I am a newbie and not technical at all. I've gone through the thread but might have missed the answers to these basic questions:

    1. If I follow MFB's instruction step by step in post #3, what's the risk of getting my treo bricked?

    2. How do I re-install original apps into RAM? Post #3 mentions that apps removed from custom ROM may be copied to RAM. Is there any instruction on how to do this?

    Many thanks again
    Last edited by Dolphin; 06/15/2007 at 04:20 AM.

Posting Permissions