Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 1377
  1. #301  
    I have updated post #3 to include a download link for a lean custom rom that incorporates the unlocked Gsm splash screen and default Bay bridge wall paper.
  2. #302  
    Great job MFB! Can i switch back or install official update in case Palm release a newer version or same version of Treo 680 rom update?
  3. #303  
    Quote Originally Posted by xlrowe View Post
    Great job MFB! Can i switch back or install official update in case Palm release a newer version or same version of Treo 680 rom update?
    It should work as your treo 680 is still unlocked GSM (ROW) after the update.
  4. simba's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #304  
    Ugh, for the life of me, I can't remember what exactly happened the first time I did the install. Mind you, I tried to reinstall 3 times afterwards! I do recall seeing a touchscreen, so somewhere it worked cause if I install now, it doesn't go that far.

    I can only convey what's going on with my phone now. Plus, I don't have my SIM card inserted cause it causes the red light to stay on all the time. Causes a battery drain! I tried to turn on the radio and all I get is the Hello splash screen with it's accompanying musical tone but the phone doesn't turn on! The Goodbye splash screen doesn't even come up when I press the red button. BTW, does My Treo application been removed on the Custom Roms? I don't see it on mine. I'll be visiting the Palm store later today. I hope they can replace it! And with a Crimson (I'm worried about this since they no longer carry it).
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
  5. #305  
    where can i download the tool to bulid a new custom rom of treo680 ?
  6. #306  
    There is no tool as such for the 680 as there was for the 650 (Romtool by grack.com).

    My advice to you is use a pre-made custom ROM found at the beginning of this thread as you wont be able to restore your phone should you brick it with a custom ROM you make yourself.

    If you are feeling truly adventurous, have a look at the log entries from here onwards for some tips.
  7. simba's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #307  
    I am curious as to what the radio module is - besides it turning on/off the phone? That's what my error message keeps saying and am just curious as to how it works with the custom rom procedure.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
  8. simba's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #308  
    I'm still under warranty so I'm getting a replacement phone. Thank goodness. It should arrive in 3 days.

    I tried to download again (custom rom) and it still doesn't turn on - the radio, that is. So I must have corrupted a file which can't be fixed.

    I had a T650 which I hacked (thanks to Shadowmite) and never had any problems. It's a shame that I had a problem with this one - those little elfs are causing all this .
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
  9. #309  
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    I'm still under warranty so I'm getting a replacement phone. Thank goodness. It should arrive in 3 days.

    I tried to download again (custom rom) and it still doesn't turn on - the radio, that is. So I must have corrupted a file which can't be fixed.

    I had a T650 which I hacked (thanks to Shadowmite) and never had any problems. It's a shame that I had a problem with this one - those little elfs are causing all this .

    Are you getting a crimson? When did you get it, I'm wondering if they somehow changed the firmware on newer ones or if the phone is different for the at&t phones.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  10. simba's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #310  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Are you getting a crimson? When did you get it, I'm wondering if they somehow changed the firmware on newer ones or if the phone is different for the at&t phones.
    Yup, I'm getting a crimson - that's what I asked for. When did I get my 1st phone - feb 2007. My replace should be here in 3 days. I'm getting a Palm GSM crimson phone to replace the one I just f**ked-up.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
  11. simba's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #311  
    "If you have previously updated with the patches released by Palm for the battery drain and security issue fix, also exclude the lfollowing files (CameraLib-camL, HsNav, HsNav_enUS and a temp installer file)"

    Since I'm getting a replacement phone, I can still use my current phone for ptunes and contacts and datebk stuff. So I did a backup restore and then a hot sync and looked in my file directory (using zl) - thought of deleting the above files and noticed notice there are 2 of them and they can't be deleted. There are also 2 temp installer files with different numbers attached to the file name. Is this normal - have others been able to delete these files or just unique to me due to installation problems?
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
  12. #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    "If you have previously updated with the patches released by Palm for the battery drain and security issue fix, also exclude the lfollowing files (CameraLib-camL, HsNav, HsNav_enUS and a temp installer file)"

    Since I'm getting a replacement phone, I can still use my current phone for ptunes and contacts and datebk stuff. So I did a backup restore and then a hot sync and looked in my file directory (using zl) - thought of deleting the above files and noticed notice there are 2 of them and they can't be deleted. There are also 2 temp installer files with different numbers attached to the file name. Is this normal - have others been able to delete these files or just unique to me due to installation problems?
    I don't know why you'd have two of the temp install files (unless you performed the security update twice), but I'm pretty sure the duplicates you see for the 1st three are actually in ROM. You should be able to delete the RAM copies by performing a warm reset first; but, as I said earlier, its easiest if you delete them from the backup before restoring.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  13. #313  
    I did include deleting those in the instructions in post #3. I updated after Bill mentioned it.
  14. #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    Ugh, for the life of me, I can't remember what exactly happened the first time I did the install. Mind you, I tried to reinstall 3 times afterwards! I do recall seeing a touchscreen, so somewhere it worked cause if I install now, it doesn't go that far.
    The first time is important as that's where the mistake happened. Glad Palm gave you a replacement. : )
  15. #315  
    I upgraded the custom rom yesterday and now i can not send any file via bluetooth or beam.

    In Resco Explorer, It says:

    Send failed:
    exgErr TargetMissing

    Please help me! Thanks in advance!
  16.    #316  
    Quote Originally Posted by xlrowe View Post
    I upgraded the custom rom yesterday and now i can not send any file via bluetooth or beam.

    In Resco Explorer, It says:

    Send failed:
    exgErr TargetMissing

    Please help me! Thanks in advance!

    Install these in RAM. They are the sendto files from VersaMail just don't choose email.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  17. #317  
    Quote Originally Posted by xlrowe View Post
    I upgraded the custom rom yesterday and now i can not send any file via bluetooth or beam.

    In Resco Explorer, It says:

    Send failed:
    exgErr TargetMissing

    Please help me! Thanks in advance!
    What rom did you download? If its the one I posted, it should work. Its a preferences issue. Use cleanprefs attached to this post. Just install it and press check then delete. It will prompt you to reset.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  18. #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Install these in RAM. They are the sendto files from VersaMail just don't choose email.
    Thanks Jamesgangut and MFB for this great favor.

    This rom works fine for me.
  19. #319  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    What rom did you download? If its the one I posted, it should work. Its a preferences issue. Use cleanprefs attached to this post. Just install it and press check then delete. It will prompt you to reset.
    The rom was custom rom that incorporates the unlocked Gsm splash screen and default Bay bridge wall paper which you posted on Jun 11.

    and i installed jamesgangut's MMMailTo.zip just now, works fine.

    So, which is better solution?

    do i need to clean pref instead of install MMMailTo.zip?

    Thanks
  20. #320  
    Another issue was in messaging application, originally treo 680 has a function of sms receipt and after updated new rom, it's gone.

Posting Permissions