Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 1377
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapleki View Post
    May we get better download place, rapidshare or something. It is kinda slow, cant download cust1 successfully
    I used to use rapidshare but I had alot more complaints about them than 4shared. They also dumped all my data more than once. 4shared is alot easier to manage as well.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  2. #242  
    4shared also do not have a limit for those downloading. For those uploading and sharing content, you just need to log in every 30 days for your account to be kept. I also had problems with rapidshare. Having a dynamic ip with my HSDPA service, I always get the message that I have downloaded already and I have to wait x minutes.
  3. gapleki's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #243  
    Thanks All, I dl the file and installed fine.

    Carrier DB is now 292 (before=355).
    I delete the carrierprofile2 and Networkprofile, reset and it is still 292.

    Is this going to be a problem for me who stay in SE ASIA?

    THANKS!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    4shared also do not have a limit for those downloading. For those uploading and sharing content, you just need to log in every 30 days for your account to be kept. I also had problems with rapidshare. Having a dynamic ip with my HSDPA service, I always get the message that I have downloaded already and I have to wait x minutes.
  4. gapleki's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #244  
    Thanks for the Great Instructions, MFB! Without it I would panic during flashing.

    BTW, Where is the strip down version rom that exclude Clock, Voice etc?

    I like BARE Rom like yours. Treo650 is still a lot faster than 680 :0

    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    Instead of the voice memo app, I use CallRec. Its easily configurable and can record voice calls. I just press my side button key for it to start recording when needed. It can also automatically record incoming or outgoing calls. These are saved to your memory card. Another alternative is Daynotez3.

    If you dont want voice memo, calc, world clock and the other apps (see post 3), my rom have those removed. Its the lean version, giving you DB Cache of 35mb. Space previously occupied by those apps are now used for db cache.
    Last edited by gapleki; 06/06/2007 at 10:54 AM.
  5. #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapleki View Post
    Thanks All, I dl the file and installed fine.

    Carrier DB is now 292 (before=355).
    I delete the carrierprofile2 and Networkprofile, reset and it is still 292.

    Is this going to be a problem for me who stay in SE ASIA?

    THANKS!!!!
    It shouldn't be a problem as Im also from South East Asia and it works with my telco. Im sending you a pm with the download link. I no longer posted it as most users need one or several of the apps previously in rom.
  6. gapleki's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #246  
    Thanks MFB!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    It shouldn't be a problem as Im also from South East Asia and it works with my telco. Im sending you a pm with the download link. I no longer posted it as most users need one or several of the apps previously in rom.
  7. #247  
    It would be nice to see some unbranded ROMs on the list,
    ones with the unlocked splashscreens instead of AT&T or
    Cingular logos for example.

    Superb work James for making all those different permutations
    by the way, I'm not sure I'd have the patience
  8.    #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    It would be nice to see some unbranded ROMs on the list,
    ones with the unlocked splashscreens instead of AT&T or
    Cingular logos for example.

    Superb work James for making all those different permutations
    by the way, I'm not sure I'd have the patience
    I would as well but with no restore option I am leery to mess with system files.

    Thanks, I have a system after the last time I did these for the 650 so it is really actually not to bad. As long as I don't have to keep updating them.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  9. #249  
    It would be nice, but it was kind of an unexpected bonus to have that Cingular logo suddenly pop up on my screen! Here I am on TMO with a completely unbranded unlocked GSM phone, I do the custom ROM, and suddenly that weird Cingular polymorph pops up. It's weird. I kind of like it.
  10.    #250  
    You can always put these in RAM like I did to get the unlocked back. But It would be nice to have is come from ROM.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6&postcount=23
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  11. #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
    It would be nice to see some unbranded ROMs on the list,
    ones with the unlocked splashscreens instead of AT&T or
    Cingular logos for example.

    Superb work James for making all those different permutations
    by the way, I'm not sure I'd have the patience
    Look at the post #23. You will get what you want.
  12. #252  
    @ ahvl :
    You misunderstand, I mean it would be nice to have the splashscreens as part of the ROM, not as an addon to place in RAM.

    It's actually nice and easy to do, so there's no need to install them to RAM after flashing the ROM.
  13. #253  
    Easy for you. One problem with this entire process: it has been made so accessible that even idiots can do it. I include myself there, and I've downloaded three versions so far and flashed all of them--as I realized that I didn't need one, and then another of the various apps deleted from the most basic ROM, which is the one I settled on. Because this was so seamless, though, does not mean that I could do anything more advanced than the roughly ***** level. So speak for yourself when you say it's "nice and easy to do." Maybe.
  14. #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Here they are you need to delete the files first then copy these in place.
    I'm not sure which files you have to delete first. These files don't exist in RAM (or ROM). Which files must be deleted first?
  15. #255  
    Last night i updated my 680 using CUST1.

    I'm under this config now:
    Firmware: R01.34
    Software: Treo680-1.09-ROW
    Carrier DB: 292

    surprisingly, the green light can blink now :-)
    it will also blink in orange for missed call.
    quick key doesn't work.
    side button can't work for any shortcut (i tried to mapped to voice recorder and or recorderX)

    anything that I did wrong?
  16.    #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by rnapit View Post
    Last night i updated my 680 using CUST1.

    I'm under this config now:
    Firmware: R01.34
    Software: Treo680-1.09-ROW
    Carrier DB: 292

    surprisingly, the green light can blink now :-)
    it will also blink in orange for missed call.
    quick key doesn't work.
    side button can't work for any shortcut (i tried to mapped to voice recorder and or recorderX)

    anything that I did wrong?
    backup and delete Saved and Unsaved prefs. See if quickkeys and side button work again. If they are still not working try hard reset and test before your restore.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  17.    #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    I'm not sure which files you have to delete first. These files don't exist in RAM (or ROM). Which files must be deleted first?
    Just try copying them to RAM then.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  18. #258  
    In the last two days I installed custom 8, then reflashed custom 4, then reflashed custom 1. All my lights, and everything else, works perfectly.

    And thanks, I'll try those two files.
  19. #259  
    That is so awesome! Thanks James! I've got my unlocked unbranded phone back--not that it was critical, as I explained before--but it is just a piece of magic. Makes me want to learn programming. Not. But thanks.
  20. #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by rnapit View Post
    Last night i updated my 680 using CUST1.

    I'm under this config now:
    Firmware: R01.34
    Software: Treo680-1.09-ROW
    Carrier DB: 292

    surprisingly, the green light can blink now :-)
    it will also blink in orange for missed call.
    quick key doesn't work.
    side button can't work for any shortcut (i tried to mapped to voice recorder and or recorderX)

    anything that I did wrong?
    Correct me if I am wrong. For Treo 680, LED indicator has only some options if there is no a 3rd party software installed.

    Green: solid, when the phone got fully charged
    Red: solid, phone is charging or has no sim inserted
    Red: blinking, phone is out network service

    I haven't heard "blinking green" or "orange" on LED status. I did look thru the manual, and it came up empty.

Posting Permissions