Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast
    I agree with mdavis - this has worked perfectly - smooth as silk. I installed the first custom rom then reflashed with version 2. I had no problems at all and I appreciate the hard work that you guys spent putting this all together and then dealing with the nonsense.

Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    There's updated versions out there for bug fixes...

8.003 DTG fixes for memory problems with pdfs

if you register DTG you can download the new ones, install in ram.
    I can't find any fixes for 8.003 that might be available. As Brad, I had trouble finding anything but the 29.95 version. How would you go about fixing 8.003 instead of that expensive upgrade? I seem to have occasional problems with pdf and I'm not certain it's DTG or the particular pdf I'm viewing.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    I can't find any fixes for 8.003 that might be available. As Brad, I had trouble finding anything but the 29.95 version. How would you go about fixing 8.003 instead of that expensive upgrade? I seem to have occasional problems with pdf and I'm not certain it's DTG or the particular pdf I'm viewing.
    I think my post wasn't very clear, what comes on the treo is 8.002 (unless it's been updated in the custom rom) - the upgrade is 8.003. If you have 8.003 then you have the latest. I don't know of a further upgrade besides the pay one.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I guess I have the 8.002. How do I upgrade to 8.002? When I try an online upgrade it gives me a "demo" upgrade for 8.003.
    But I found my 8.003 download on my PC. I can reinstall. But I guess that will mean that a lot of my space will be eaten up. Perhaps I should run the ROM again without DTG
    I guess I have the 8.002. How do I upgrade to 8.002? When I try an online upgrade it gives me a "demo" upgrade for 8.003.
    If you take the old reg number and register at dataviz, it will give you the activation code to install the upgrade.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    But I found my 8.003 download on my PC. I can reinstall. But I guess that will mean that a lot of my space will be eaten up. Perhaps I should run the ROM again without DTG
    This was my plan as well, just putting the updates for dtg and ptunes in ram.

Could someone confirm for me that eventually carrierprofiles2 and networkprofiles2 reappear? OR should I delete them and make sure they never come back? I deleted them per the instructions, but now that I just hotsynced after deleting, I notice they are back. And...if it's simple...what's the deal with them?
  9.    #229  
    Could someone confirm for me that eventually carrierprofiles2 and networkprofiles2 reappear? OR should I delete them and make sure they never come back? I deleted them per the instructions, but now that I just hotsynced after deleting, I notice they are back. And...if it's simple...what's the deal with them?
    You need to have them. What you need to check is that in Phone app carrier version is 292. If it is 355 you need to delete them from ram, upon reset they will be replaced from ROM. If your carrier is 292 you are done.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Yes, it is 292, but I so like the 388 that I turned my 355 into before the update. It seems so impressively large, sort of like the 11 in Spinal Tap.
    Question:

I now have Firmware MW1.50. Going to R01.34 seems going back. I do have a 1.04ROW unlocked one, any light on this?

Fk
    Hi MFB, this is a follow up from post 4. I installed the first custom ROM you posted here (everything stripped but voice memo), along with the four other files that you posted later (because I had previously updated with the official ROM), and the installation went great. The ROM is working well, but I would be interested to replace it with custom #1 because it seems to have voice memo removed (I use audacity instead). The trouble is, even though I am using those additional 4 files you recommended, I keep getting the message that this ROM cannot be updated. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for your help and this great contribution of custom ROMs.

Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    Firmware and Rom sd update package uploaded is specifically for those unlocked GSM ROW users who want to update to the latest fix given by Palm. If you have 1.04 ROW, then this is for you. As a bonus, files that we normally complained about were removed thereby increasing db cache. Language option is automatically set for English. If you use another language, this update is not for you.

*For those who have already updated and are a using Treo 680 ATT, see post below for the 4 files needed for you.

There were no apps added to rom as there is no need for it. Also, this has not been tried yet and its safer not to.

Download Links - Go to Post #1
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...50&postcount=1

So what's the benefit of a smaller rom? Faster boot up times after a reset and of course, a bigger db cache. Those apps removed can be installed in ram. Space previously occupied by these files are now used by OS db cache. [/U][/B]

Just follow the sd card update instructions here.

Preparing the SD card

Double-click the downloaded file to decompress it. Windows will unzip the file to a PALM folder containing several individual files.

1. Format the expansion card, either on your Windows PC, or in your Treo 680 smartphone.

We'll show you how to do it on your desktop PC. This will erase all data on the expansion card.

* Insert the expansion card into a card reader, and insert the reader into your Windows PC.
    * On your Windows machine, open up My Computer.
    * Right-click the SD Card reader, and select Format...
    * Give it a name under Volume Label, and select Quick Format. Click Start.
    * When finished, confirm the format by clicking OK, then click OK to complete the formatting.

2. On your Windows PC with the expansion card still inserted, copy the PALM folder in its entirety into the root directory (top level, no subfolders) of the expansion card.

3. Backup your data thru hotsync or backup software such as resco backup. After this is done, Perform a hard reset.

4. Turn off the phone radio and once this is done, insert your sd card.

5. The update will begin immediately. You must erase all data to proceed with the update. Select Proceed when prompted with the warning shown.

What to do, what to expect

1. Make sure you’re Treo is plugged to using the AC adaptor. Do not use a your Palm car charger. Load sd card.
    2. Don't do a manual reset during the entire process or else you'll risk having an incomplete update. Don't touch the screen, tap, press any button or use your stylus until prompted for a reply on the screen.
    3. Device Customizer launches and you see the words, Treo 680 Customizer. Be patient while firmware files load to ram.
    4. Warning message will appear. Proceed if you're sure you have already backed up. Upon confirmation, "Please wait" appears.
    5. It will reset and start on its own. Just be patient as the LCD will just be white. After a minute or so, you’ll see the firmware updating.
      "Updating Treo, Warning: Do not reset during the update process! Downloading Firmware"
    6. When it reaches 100 percent, the message “Please wait” appears.
    7. Files for ROM update are now loading to ram.
    8. You just have to wait at this point, be patient.
    9. Device Updater info appears and updates rom. It automatically resets your Treo 4 times. If its more than 4, don't panic and do a manual reset. Just be patient and wait.
    10. After automatically resetting for 4 times, you'll see "Use stylus to tap center of target". Go through this process to calibrate the touchscreen.
    11. You should be seeing date and time set up
    12. Your Treo 680 is now updated.

Restoring Data, Final Instructions

1. Perform a HotSync operation with your Windows pc machine to restore the data you backed up at the beginning. (see *note for hotsync users)
    2. The new sd update has a default carrier db of 292.
    3. If you used software such as resco backup, full restore as usual but exclude carrierprofiles2 and networkprofiles2. Reset afterwards

*note for hotsync users - Using filez or resco explorer, delete carrierprofiles2 and networkprofiles2. Reset afterwards

Go to Phone, menu Phone info
    You should see the following details:

Firmware: R01.34
    Software: Treo680-1.09-ROW
    CC-Cap:000-000-001
    Carrier DB: 292

Congratulations, you have successfully updated.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility if something unfortunate happens to your treo 680. You use the file uploaded to update your device on your own free will.

Credit to this custom rom goes out to jamesgangut, MFB and tomtastic. : )
  13.    #233  
    Yes, it is 292, but I so like the 388 that I turned my 355 into before the update. It seems so impressively large, sort of like the 11 in Spinal Tap.
    I ran with 355 and 388, under firmware MW1.50 it does work better. However with the R01.34 292 is far better. I think the carrier db's are based on the firmware. 388 with R01.34 I had tons of issues with the data side staying connected.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

14.    #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddokay View Post
    Question:

I now have Firmware MW1.50. Going to R01.34 seems going back. I do have a 1.04ROW unlocked one, any light on this?

Fk
    Well R0 would be later than MW. I think it maybe more of a fork rather than going back. There are definite improvements even if the numbering is lower.

15.    #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    Hi MFB, this is a follow up from post 4. I installed the first custom ROM you posted here (everything stripped but voice memo), along with the four other files that you posted later (because I had previously updated with the official ROM), and the installation went great. The ROM is working well, but I would be interested to replace it with custom #1 because it seems to have voice memo removed (I use audacity instead). The trouble is, even though I am using those additional 4 files you recommended, I keep getting the message that this ROM cannot be updated. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for your help and this great contribution of custom ROMs.
    All of the my Cust roms have Voice Memo included.

What does your phone info show for your versions?

If is is like this:

Than you don't change the 4 files,

If it has more like this:
    Software: Treo680-1.09-ATT
    CC-Cap:ATT-ATT-001

You would change the files.

If you do need the ATT version what error are you getting exaclty.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    All of the my Cust roms have Voice Memo included.
    MFP appears to have a version which does not contain voice memo, but I guess I am unclear as to where it is posted. Do you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    If you dont want voice memo, calc, world clock and the other apps (see post 3), my rom have those removed.

What does your phone info show for your versions?

If is is like this:

Than you don't change the 4 files,

If it has more like this:
    Software: Treo680-1.09-ATT
    CC-Cap:ATT-ATT-001

You would change the files.

If you do need the ATT version what error are you getting exaclty.

my configuration is the latter one, and despite substituting the four files, the error message I am getting is that "this ROM version cannot be updated" which comes up after I click yes to the "are you sure you want your memory deleted" warning.
  17.    #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    MFP appears to have a version which does not contain voice memo, but I guess I am unclear as to where it is posted. Do you know?

my configuration is the latter one, and despite substituting the four files, the error message I am getting is that "this ROM version cannot be updated" which comes up after I click yes to the "are you sure you want your memory deleted" warning.
    Yes MFB Maxdbcache rom has everything removed including voice memos I believe.

Hmm, You can try the other 4 it is just going to change your tokens to ROW not ATT. It is possible we need to patch the PackageVersion the same way we did the on for ROW and a re-apply.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    May we get better download place, rapidshare or something. It is kinda slow, cant download cust1 successfully
    I downloaded two today, including 1, and had no problem.
    Yes MFB Maxdbcache rom has everything removed including voice memos I believe.

Hmm, You can try the other 4 it is just going to change your tokens to ROW not ATT. It is possible we need to patch the PackageVersion the same way we did the on for ROW and a re-apply.
    sure that sounds like a good idea. Do you know where MFB MAxdbcahe rom is posted? I can't find it in this thread.