1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if there is a Bittorrent program that will work on treo 700p?
    I currently use Utorrent and bitornado for my pc to download music (flac and shn). I know those will not work but hoping there was a palm OS torrent program out there. Hope to hear from someone soon - Thanks - Tummler
    R u serious? LOL...no torrent client for palmos yet cuz there is no backround/multitasking support possible...too bad..

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Hmm....doesn't Chatter do things in the background somehow?
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    also, versamail, verichat, pocket tunes, the phone program. (use other programs while ur calling someone)
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Yes, Chatter, and other things such as Pocket Tunes can run in the background. In fact, the phone would be quite useless if it couldn't constantly run the phone application in background, because then you wouldn't receive phone calls when they come in.

The problem is that this works like in the old windows 3.11 days. If everyone remembers back then, any minimized task slowed to a crawl. It can only do things when the OS has nothing else working.

Some things can get around this by scheduling interrupts to fire in which they get the 100% CPU time.

Hardware also fires interrupts, which is how the phone calls work.

Too many of these, however, and nothing can get accomplished.

Most things like downloading files, etc., are much to processor intensive to be practical on a single-task OS. Since for the download to happen, it would take 100X or more longer in the background, or it would require being the non-use of your Treo for anything else at that time.
    p-Tune never really works in the background, it sends sound through to the sound buffer where it's played back. This "design issue" is manifest in the Treo's notorious skipping problem. You may have noticed that pTunes skips even more when Chatter is receiving mail or you're on the web or when you're doing anything else while playing music.

Your palm never does anything in the background there are always processes that are waiting to be "woken up."
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    LOL this is just rediculous some of the inqueries I read on here. Bittorrent on your mobile device. Why not find a garage door opener program while your at it...
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maninrochester View Post
    Your palm never does anything in the background there are always processes that are waiting to be "woken up."
    Thats the difference btwn Palm and Windows Mobile and the diff btwn NON crashing, freezing, virus getting device and a Windows Mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    LOL this is just rediculous some of the inqueries I read on here. Bittorrent on your mobile device. Why not find a garage door opener program while your at it...
    Now that would be useful.......