1.    #1  
    I got a strange message tonight, One of my workers had sent me a text message about 10 minutes before this showed up, it said something like..
    "you have an SMS message in your sim, would you like to move it to your device?"
    I chose yes, and the text message that he had sent come through, and it then displayed the little icon at the top of the screen indicationg that I had a message.
    I've never seen this before, or even heard of this happening.
    Can anyone explain what this is?? or was it just some kind of freak glitch that hapened? Or is there something going wrong / bad with my phone?
    I've seen that, but it was on my old Nokia. I always assumed it was spam and said no.

Really haven't a clue tho.....
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the responce, I was nervous about replyting "yes", but I did it annyways, & it definatley wasn't spam, it was a very importannt message that I was glad came through.
    I just couldn't figure out how he sent it to my sim only?? He was sending the message from a Motorola Razr phone.
    I have had this happen...but only when I pop my sim card into another (non-treo) phone..... then put it into my treo after receiving a message....

when the sim is inserted, and the treo is booted up....it displays this message to copy any new messages (read or unread) from the sim to the treo.

that is a little different from what you described - but if you had your sim inserted into a non-treo phone at any point in the last 24 hours of use... then this would make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by ILBandit View Post
    I got a strange message tonight, One of my workers had sent me a text message about 10 minutes before this showed up, it said something like..
    "you have an SMS message in your sim, would you like to move it to your device?"
    I chose yes, and the text message that he had sent come through, and it then displayed the little icon at the top of the screen indicationg that I had a message.
    I've never seen this before, or even heard of this happening.
    Can anyone explain what this is?? or was it just some kind of freak glitch that hapened? Or is there something going wrong / bad with my phone?
    I've seen this message several times when turning the radio back on after flying. It is as if the message was arriving right when I switched the radio off, and it doesn't quite make it from the SIM to the Palm OS until I switch the radio back on. It doesn't seem to be anything to worry about, my Treo works fine.
    yeah, I've had this happen at work.. I had to test a GSM phone that would not power on at all without a SIM, so I placed my own in it.. I received a few SMS that day while testing, then when I put it into the Treo I got a very similar message.

Odd it'd happen IN the Treo, but perhaps as mentioned above, the Treo didn't get it.

Funny, I had no idea the SIM could even store such data.
  7.    #7  
    Now that you have mentioned a few scenarios, & I got to thinking,,,I think your all on to something.
    I do recall my phone loosing signal for a little bit just before I got the strange message. I have my phone set up to play a small alert when I loose the phone signal, and I do remember hearing it, & thinking that it was odd that I lost signal in a normally strong area.
    I'd bet that the text message must have been coming in right about that time that the signal got lost, and going off of bananaman's theory, that would make sense.

Thanks for the info!! I'm not too worried about it now, the phone still works fine.
    I have this message as well but the message from the SIM is not moving to the TREO. any clues why?
    I get this ALL the time.

It's just your phone notifying you that you've received a text message while your phone was off *on occassion it also stored a recently received text message when switching the SIM between phones*

Normai, seen this on my T650 and T680...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com