Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got this from a friend. Let me know if you want to be acknowledged here.

You need to install 2 files namely Carrierprofiles2 and networkprofiles2.

There are two ways to install this. Standard way is to install via hotsync. Faster way is to copy both to card and install to ram or copy to ram.

I use resco exporer for this. I multi select the 2 files and copy to ram. Once installed, reset. To check if its the correct version, go to Phone menu info. It should read carrier db 355. Alternately, you can also select the file via resco explorer, and choose info.

Post your observations here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    388 should read 355?
    Haven't a clue what your talking about here.

Care to enlighten those of us non tech types?

I'm guessing this has to do with reception on the phone. I'm probably wrong tho.....
  4.    #4  
    Once installed and a reset, carrier db should show as 388.

Stone, its related to how your treo works in relation with network and phone.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Yay!!!! 355 or even 388, err, but does it really matter?
    Treo Maniac?
  6.    #6  
    Try it. My experience is that my treo is aggressive in looking for a signal.

Normally I get a network conect beep when I get off the elevator to my condo. Now im still connected. : )

Attached is how its looks like on my 680
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MFB; 05/30/2007 at 01:42 AM.
    has this affected your battery life?
    Is that from a brand new Treo 680 ROW (unbranded) ?
    It seems you have a newer Firmware .

Mine shows:
    Firmware: MW01.50
    Software: TREO680-1.04-ROW
  9.    #9  
    We have updated courtesy of the latest ATT recently released.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by calico View Post
    Is that from a brand new Treo 680 ROW (unbranded) ?
    It seems you have a newer Firmware .

Mine shows:
    Firmware: MW01.50
    Software: TREO680-1.04-ROW
    Mine shows the same.
    Carrier DB: 355
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    We have updated courtesy of the latest ATT recently released.
    I just want to make sure I understand...it's okay (even advantageous) to install these files on an unbranded, unlocked 680, regardless of carrier (I have T-Mobile)?
    is it ok to do this on a cingular/att branded phone that has had the ATT update? I see you have the ROW...
    With the reception I get in a lot of places, I'm willing to give it a try. Just installed, got 388 on mine. I'll report back next week.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneOfLove View Post
    With the reception I get in a lot of places, I'm willing to give it a try. Just installed, got 388 on mine. I'll report back next week.
    Are you ATT or unlocked? Hope it works out for you too.
    Cingular now ATT. Phone is locked.

I'll be in and out of hotels all weekend, and the signal at my house sucks, so I'm very interested to see if this helps!! haven't had to use the phone yet, but he signal looks pretty good for a sunny day here at my house. (yes, it matters! Grey cloudy days get better reception than hot sunny ones)
    My 680 has DB 292. Haven't downloaded the ATT update. Can I still download these files to improve signal? Or, do I have to download the update first?
    Afte updating my ROM with new the new ATT my DB was still 292. I just installed this files here and reads 388. Thanks for the files hopefully it will give us some better reception. I'll report if I find any change.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    ... ...it's okay (even advantageous) to install these files on an unbranded, unlocked 680, regardless of carrier (I have T-Mobile)?
    Any answers on this?
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    Any answers on this?
    That's what I would like to know too.
    I tried it on my unlocked cingy 680 - it worked fine, but then Blazer wouldn't connect. I could update my weather through 4cast, check email, etc...but couldn't access the web through blazer at all. I ended up deleting those two files and now I'm back to where I was before. No biggie.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast