Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I installed the two files on my unlocked 680 with T-Mobile and have had no problems. Mundu 4, Google Maps, TheStreamCenter.com and all other Blazer functions still work fine and I've had great phone reception.
    Works on my unlocked with TMO as well. I thought this was the sort of info that was supposed to be installed automatically OTA.
    Works on my unlocked TMO. Says 388 on carrier DB now.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I installed the two files on my unlocked 680 with T-Mobile and have had no problems. Mundu 4, Google Maps, TheStreamCenter.com and all other Blazer functions still work fine and I've had great phone reception.
    What improved compared to before?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    What improved compared to before?
    I haven't actually documented any improvement (there could be, I just haven't noticed a discernible change), but I definitely haven't had any adverse impact, either.
  6.    #26  
    For those who updated using ATT or the file I uploaded (for unlocked gsm), just use carrier db 292.
    If you see 355 or 388, just delete carrierprofiles2 and networkprofiles2. Reset and the 292 files will be created automatically. This is what originally came with the update and its best that this be used.

388 can be tried by those who have not updated.
    I am going to agree new ATT Rom stick with 292.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

installed db versions 388. No significant changes up to now... however normal operations seems to be ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    I am going to agree new ATT Rom stick with 292.
    James, I plan to install your Cust1 ROM this weekend, but yesterday I installed the 388 carrier DB from MLB's first post here. I just want to make sure I'm clear: when you say "new ATT Rom stick with 292" do you mean your Cust1 ROM for unlocked GSM also?

If so, this means I need to delete Carrier Profiles2 and Network Profiles2 after I do the update to your custom ROM, correct?
    Last edited by ChristieC; 06/01/2007 at 09:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    ...or the file I uploaded (for unlocked gsm), just use carrier db 292.
    If you see 355 or 388, just delete carrierprofiles2 and networkprofiles2. Reset and the 292 files will be created automatically. This is what originally came with the update and its best that this be used.

388 can be tried by those who have not updated.

I'm sorry, I don't understand. If I download the 2 files from the first post on this thread, I now need to delete them inorder to get DB292? I have TMO GSM 680. What's happened?

I feel confused.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't understand. If I download the 2 files from the first post on this thread, I now need to delete them inorder to get DB292? I have TMO GSM 680. What's happened?

I feel confused.
    I think what MLB and James are are saying is that the 388 carrier DB files should be installed only by those who have not done the ATT/Cingular update, or otherwise done their custom ROM update for unlocked GSM 680s. So if you've installed the Carrier Profiles2 and Network Profiles2 files posted in this thread, you should delete them if you've also done the ROM update.

Please correct me, guys, if I'm wrong.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I haven't done any ROM update. So all is well with downloading these 2 files. I was thinking about using the 680 ROM update but I'll wait to see if Palm make their update first - I hope sometime this year!
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    James, I plan to install your Cust1 ROM this weekend, but yesterday I installed the 388 carrier DB from MLB's first post here. I just want to make sure I'm clear: when you say "new ATT Rom stick with 292" do you mean your Cust1 ROM for unlocked GSM also?

If so, this means I need to delete Carrier Profiles2 and Network Profiles2 after I do the update to your custom ROM, correct?
    Your are correct.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Ok, I've done both of the updates. Seems to be working fine, the only problems I've seen started after the ATT update, and before the updates posted here.

My questions are, what might go wrong on an ATT updated locked 680 with these two files? And if I really should delete them regardless of how my phone has reacted to them, how do I go about that? I don't see them in my list when looking at files to delete.

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneOfLove View Post
    Ok, I've done both of the updates. Seems to be working fine, the only problems I've seen started after the ATT update, and before the updates posted here.

My questions are, what might go wrong on an ATT updated locked 680 with these two files? And if I really should delete them regardless of how my phone has reacted to them, how do I go about that? I don't see them in my list when looking at files to delete.

thanks!
    Are you using a File Manager like FileZ or Resco Explorer? If not, you need to download one to find those files (FileZ is free, but I've tried both and I think Resco Explorer is far easier to use). What does your phone info show after the update? It should be Carrier DB: 292. If it says 355 or 388, you need to delete those 2 files (Carrier Profiles 2 and Network Profiles2).
    CristieC, My phone info shows carrier DB to be 388. It was 292 before I placed these two files on my phone. I can go get Resco Explorer and delete them, I'd like to know why? What might this do to my phone if I don't?

Can't say I've noticed any difference with them, but no down turn either. Like I said, I think the ATT update has been a bust for me. Not these two changes from this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneOfLove View Post
    CristieC, My phone info shows carrier DB to be 388. It was 292 before I placed these two files on my phone. I can go get Resco Explorer and delete them, I'd like to know why? What might this do to my phone if I don't?

Can't say I've noticed any difference with them, but no down turn either. Like I said, I think the ATT update has been a bust for me. Not these two changes from this thread.
    Take a look at James' post #233 on this page: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...144028&page=12
    Thanks, but I'm more confused now than I was before.

Over my head.

Haven't had any data issues, and one of James posts in that thread seemed to say I should have the files listed here.

Hmmm, guess I'll delete them and check out how the phone reacts.

I'll keep reading, even if I don't always get the tech talk!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12