1.    #1  
    As I'm sure all you verizon customers know, texting with another verizon customer will cause the 700P phone to lock up momentarily. But, I had something happen over the weekend that I've never seen before. I had just sent a text to another verizon customer when the phone froze as usual, then did it's own reset. Only, it couldn't complete the reset. It kept flashing the Access Powered page. Did another reset, same thing. Did a hard reset. . .same. People at the Verizon store blamed it on third party software I had installed. They claimed to have NO idea about the Verizon to Verizon text problem and said that I would have to mail the phone back to Palm. I was on vacation in Vegas, just spent $30 on a taxi to the verizon store. I wasn't going to leave without a phone. . .Long story short, I'm a sucker and bought another 700P. . .I'm so flippin stupid. This Damn MR better be worth it!!!
    I have a 700P, my girlfriend and I both have Verizon and we send text messages all the time. I have never experienced the problem that you say we all have.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    ditto-

no problems here with texting.

seems like you got a lemon.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    When I got the endless reset loop. I did this:

This will remove all information from your phone, but a resynch or backup should set it right. And if you can't use the phone, losing all the information is the least of the problems.

(quoted from Bobbert's message)
    1) Removing the battery
    2) Holding the D-Pad up when reinstalling the battery

Timing might matter here. I think I either had to hold it up while I inserted the battery, or I had to wait a split second after the battery was inserted before I pushed the d-pad up.

Then I loaded a backup I had on my SD Card.

I got this solution from this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=reset+loop in message #36 from Bobbert
    It is more important to affix the blame, than it is to fix the problem
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken View Post
    When I got the endless reset loop. I did this:

This will remove all information from your phone, but a resynch or backup should set it right. And if you can't use the phone, losing all the information is the least of the problems.

(quoted from Bobbert's message)
    1) Removing the battery
    2) Holding the D-Pad up when reinstalling the battery

Timing might matter here. I think I either had to hold it up while I inserted the battery, or I had to wait a split second after the battery was inserted before I pushed the d-pad up.

Then I loaded a backup I had on my SD Card.

I got this solution from this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=reset+loop in message #36 from Bobbert

I'll have to try that. I left the old phone at home. If that works, I wonder if I can return the new one and go back to the old one.
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    I have a 700P, my girlfriend and I both have Verizon and we send text messages all the time. I have never experienced the problem that you say we all have.

I have yet to have this happen and I txt to a lot of different Verizon wireless people.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck344 View Post
    I'll have to try that. I left the old phone at home. If that works, I wonder if I can return the new one and go back to the old one.

I think you get 30 days to return- fingers crossed for you...
    Why didnt you just run the old 700p after the hard reset (no re-installing your info) to prove it was or wasnt 3rd party software? When I go to Sprint, I almost always hard-reset the Treo back to factory so they cant give me that lame excuse!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Why didnt you just run the old 700p after the hard reset (no re-installing your info) to prove it was or wasnt 3rd party software? When I go to Sprint, I almost always hard-reset the Treo back to factory so they cant give me that lame excuse!
    Even the hard reset wouldn't get the phone out of the endless loop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck344 View Post
    Even the hard reset wouldn't get the phone out of the endless loop.
    Did you take it to them bone stock and show them the endless loop? If so, then either Verizon has the worse customer service or you dont have insurance.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    if it's in the first year they usually warranty replace it with a new one right in the store if you ***** enough. Sometimes they tell you they don't have authority so walk over to the racks of cell phones- call 611 and get some kid in Montana (or wherever the call centers are now a days - years back bell Atlantic's was in orangeburg NY- I used to do some consulting there- but I assume now the metro NYC area is too expensive for such a thing?) on the line and tell him the store needs him to make a note to give you a new phone and he will. The kid will type it in. You go back to the manger and tell him look up your account- he gets pissed that he was overruled by a 19 year old kid in Montana and begrudgingly hands you a new phone out of the box.

that's of course in the first year. I've even done it at around 14 months with a 650 so I think it's all who you can get a hold off. Once I got the cold shoulder from a store in NYC- but when i got off the train at home I hit the local store and they caved in. Another time I was in Florida on vacation with the family when I had to get a fresh one. The guy in the store was really easy but it took forever because apparently they only recently got around to merging the various computer systems from all the carriers they cobbled together over the years- so the computers for the florida stores couldn't do anything on my NJ account. THe guy actually called a store in NJ to have someone type in the info on the NJ computer for him. But it worked.

I've actually had the insurance for like 2+ years now on my business account and gotten like 3 (the 2 aboe for myself and one other) 650's without ever touching the insurance. I just used the insurance the other day for the first time- upgraded the office to 700p's and one guy promptly drops his in a canal taking his kid canoeing the next weekend. Called asurion Monday. Tuesday they confirmed the coverage and overnighted the replacement. Wednesday a brand spanking new one arrived. I was completely shocked it wasn't a refurb. They didn't want anything back but the phone and battery- let us keep all the extra junk in the box. I guess it would have been nicer if they confirmed the claim the same day we filed but I guess I can live with it for the easy way it was done and the new phone.