Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    My treo 650 suddenly failed to hotsync (with the above error message). Fixing it was easy: I turned off bluetooth. That's it!
  2. #2  
    check your hotsync settings and make sure the local usb is checked off. Then you should be able to leave BT on.

    Welcome to the forums.
  3. #3  
    port in use shows on my 650 today. restart PC & 650 in the past resolved this but not this time. this issue seems random & inconsistent. Never did understand cause or solution. Anyone?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric View Post
    port in use shows on my 650 today. restart PC & 650 in the past resolved this but not this time. this issue seems random & inconsistent. Never did understand cause or solution. Anyone?
    I searched forum and could not find solution - please help. TIA
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric View Post
    port in use shows on my 650 today. restart PC & 650 in the past resolved this but not this time. this issue seems random & inconsistent. Never did understand cause or solution. Anyone?
    In my experience, that means that the pc is not talking with the Treo. It could be almost anything, so check your setup on your PC's bluetooth connection.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    In my experience, that means that the pc is not talking with the Treo. It could be almost anything, so check your setup on your PC's bluetooth connection.
    Thank you Tonymiller - Solved the issue by adding "Bluetooth Serial Port" in "Local Services" of "Bluetooth Configuration" on PC.

    Palm "port is in use" message is misleading in this case.

    Don't know why it was removed as Hotsync had been working till 2 days ago.
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric View Post
    Thank you Tonymiller - Solved the issue by adding "Bluetooth Serial Port" in "Local Services" of "Bluetooth Configuration" on PC.

    Palm "port is in use" message is misleading in this case.

    Don't know why it was removed as Hotsync had been working till 2 days ago.
    You are quite welcome.

    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  8. rbyham's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #8  
    I get this error a lot too and the suggested fix does not work for me. Here is my problem... BT configuration serial port set to com4. HS also set to com4 with Local USB unchecked. Only "local" checked. I also use a VZW aircard that goes into second pcmcia slot. Every time I plug the VZW card in it changes the HS com port to com7 so now HS and BT are not talking and I cannot synch. I have tried changing com port number in BT config to use com7 or com10 with same change being made to HS app... but whenever the VZW card goes in, it resets com port for HS app. Strange. ANy way to set this up so VZW card does not adjust HS com port? That would seem to be a solution... thanks...
  9. rbyham's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #9  
    I just further tested. No matter how I set HS com port, as soon as I remove and insert VZW aircard, that action resets HS com port number rather arbitrarily and cause it to be out of synch with BT serial port setting... strange. As long as I dont use aircard, HS stays perfect. As soon as I in and out the card, the HS port changes and will not synch. Any way to FIX this??? :-)
  10. #10  
    I had the same problem, eventually I discovered that the bluetooth adapter was turned off on my PC

Posting Permissions