Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    snd what brand card do you have? I have a Kingston 2GB and have not had any problems like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathearder View Post
    snd what brand card do you have? I have a Kingston 2GB and have not had any problems like that.

Sandisk 2GB. Has nothing to do with the brand. It has everything to do with the design of the card slot. The dang thing doesn't stay put. Period.
    How does it "just pop out" ? it is behind the door, IMHO it is 100 times more secure then the previous treos and the SD cards at the top
    Deleting the Saved Preference WILL force you to re-enter reg codes. It is a big deal. What I have done is save the Saved Preference file (at the point when it is working) to the "Built-in A:" directory (seen by Resco Explorer). This is the only way the file can be restored when the card is not seen.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    Sandisk 2GB. Has nothing to do with the brand. It has everything to do with the design of the card slot. The dang thing doesn't stay put. Period.
    That kind of sounds like a bum Treo, I have to use my nail to push the card in all the way but once it is in there I have never had it pop back out again on its own!
    Ok, I need a little help,, Oh hello, sorry about that, Iím new to the forum. So I bought my first treo, the 755, great, so I buy a 4 GB mini SD card. I put it in no problem. The card is recognized, cool I thought, so I try it out by transfer some files to it. Then all of the sudden the card is not detected. So I mess around with it, pull the card out and insert it back in. the card is recognized again. Then I try to access the card, and then card is not recognized. I do the same thing; the card is recognized all the info is shown. I think, maybe I need to format the card, again the card it not recognized, I do the same thing, the same thing happens again, over and over again and I canít format it. The card is there until I try to use it. This thing is causing me to have ADD, does anybody have any ideas? Sorry about the grammar, Iím typing out of frustration.
    Update on my Transcend 4GB card having troubles...

Well, the card died a few days ago. I'm sending it back for a replacement. I had to buy a 2GB locally in the mean time as I can't work without a card right now. Ugh!

Before it died, I did a lot of tests to make sure the issues i described above were not Treo related. I deleted the preferences file, I erased my 755, I reformatted the card. None of them did anything. Then, as if to confirm what I learned, the card failed. I guess (hope) it was the card all along.

Once I got the 2GB card, I copied my Resco Backup backup to the card (I had a copy on my PC) and was able to restore my 755 to the way it was before. The 2GB card has had no issues.
    It sound like there are 2 issues:
    1) Some people are having a seating issue, where the miniSD is having trouble staying in the unit.
    2) The rest have an issue where the card is seen; however, the device sees it as blank. Doing a warm reset (holding the UP button while removing and replacing the battery; not letting go of thw UP button until it boots up completely) confirms that the data is still on the card.

With the 2nd issue, it has occurred more than once with both my 512MB Sandisk and my 2GB Kingston. It is definitely a 3rd party software issue.

I have not had the issue since I redid my setup; excluding certain apps.

Is anyone with the 2nd issue using CardKeeper? This is one of the apps I didn't put back on.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12