Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am getting this error message i did the ##377 and this is what is says
    as reset was caused while running"email"
    BGNetTasklmpl.c;
    line:527,BGTask q is
    full

this happened the other day but it said reset was cause while running"messaging" the phone will cut off and then cut back on.

the phone will cut off and then come back on
    where will i go to find what this means?
    my back up log doesnt report any error

* see below for what applications i have on my treo 755p
    * just some info backup man is only backing up at 3am
    treo weather in not on auto updating
    versa mail is checking once an hour

i did to a clean install when i updated from my 700p.
    i loaded on application at a time.

help any way to find out why this is doing this?
    Last edited by comedytreogirl; 05/29/2007 at 06:31 AM.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
  2.    #2  
    help?
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    I'm guessing that Backup Man and Versa Mail are trying to run at the same time. Try to specify a bizarre time like 17 after the hour for one of them.

Tom
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I apologize for jumping in, but are you using ##377# to get the message. I can't get that to work on my 755. I've used it on previous Treos just fine.

Thanks and sorry for hijacking.
    yes i am using the ##377 dial on the 755p it has been working for me
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars View Post
    I'm guessing that Backup Man and Versa Mail are trying to run at the same time. Try to specify a bizarre time like 17 after the hour for one of them.

Tom
    im going to try that now but back up man only runs at 3am once a day
    when it happens it is no where near the time for back up man to run
    I had problems with Backupman causing resets on a previous device. I changed to NVbackup and have not had any more issues. It would not say "backupman caused reset" but it would happen within the next few hours that backupman would run. I just guessed and uninstalled backupman and problem went away. It may have just been coincidence.
    I am having this exact same issue, and i am convinced it is versamail. I use exchange active sync, and if i shut that off, it stops doing this...

What can we do!?
    comedytreogirl, i've been working with this for quite awhile now, with little to no explanations.

Please, maybe your info can help me figure out what is going on.

Go into versamail and look at see how many weeks/months of calender events you are getting.

I have scrounged up that it may be a problem with how the palm handles repeat evens ie, every 2nd tuesday of the month.

If its set to the default of 2 weeks, maybe try unchecking it completely, let it sync all your calender events, and see what happens.

I'm currently attempting this on my 755p.

Thanks.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by awu_gigabyte View Post
    comedytreogirl, i've been working with this for quite awhile now, with little to no explanations.

Please, maybe your info can help me figure out what is going on.

Go into versamail and look at see how many weeks/months of calender events you are getting.

I have scrounged up that it may be a problem with how the palm handles repeat evens ie, every 2nd tuesday of the month.

If its set to the default of 2 weeks, maybe try unchecking it completely, let it sync all your calender events, and see what happens.

I'm currently attempting this on my 755p.

Thanks.

what do you mean by look and see how many weeks /months of calander events im getting
    Ive actually weeded this one out as a cause.

What i think this error message means is "background task queue full"

I'm thinking exchange active sync may be too much for the device to do in background and so it is rebooting.

I'm trying numerous things such as turning off SSL, using port 80, not syncing calender, etc.

This error is so annoying because its completely random and i cannot seem to reproducing it easily.

Are you using hosted exchange? like mail2web or 1and1? Or using a work related exchange server? I find my resets are less with mail2web, but are still very much there.

Please post back here if you do happen to find a cure for this, as will i.
  11.    #11  
    im using palm desk top to sync . no im not using a work mail server
    Hmm. Both palm and sprint are assuring me this is a hardware issue, you may want to look into that. I'm getting mine replaced today.
  13.    #13  
    just got the error message its says the same thing however its says it was caused while running contacts( just as a phone call came in)
    i have nothing running in the background except versamail.

i agree i feel that it has to be something running
    i spoke with palm and of course their answer is always the same "lets do a hard reset. walk around with your phone for a couple of days with nothing on it"
    i don know any of numbers in my phone by heart thats hard.
    i cant remember when it started happening but this sucks.

this treo is so much better than all the rest of them

looks like i will have to get it replaced
    now my question is if i dont find a solution will i have to do another clean install?

what did sprint say it was?
    Last edited by comedytreogirl; 05/30/2007 at 06:32 PM.
    They said "hardware related".

I got a new one around 1pm, its now 630 and i've not had any resets. I suggest you probably have yours replaced. I'll post back here if i start having issues again,

Take care
    Rob
  15.    #15  
    They said "hardware related".

I got a new one around 1pm, its now 630 and i've not had any resets. I suggest you probably have yours replaced. I'll post back here if i start having issues again,

Take care
    Rob
    it would only happen to me maybe once a day and if i didnt catch it i would not see it. question how did you back up? did you do a clean install? hot sync
    I was using nvbackup for a nightly backup, though the phone would reset usually during the backup. Otherwise i just started from scratch.
  17.    #17  
    I was using nvbackup for a nightly backup, though the phone would reset usually during the backup. Otherwise i just started from scratch.
    no problems here with back up man .
    just a thought if you restore your device from the nv back up will you not be bringing the bad stuff back over again?

have you tried a hard reset?
    Lol, yea i hard reset about 100 times.

But its a non issue, for me anymore. My new one doesn't have the same problem. I seems to be ok.
    Well i take that back. The new one just reset with the same error message. I think this phone is going to back and i'll go back to my motorola Q. Very disappointed in palm!
  20.    #20  
    you need to do a clean install im guessing? dont back up from anything else

i got the message again at 4am while i was asleep it said this time it was caused by zlzauncher
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast