1.    #1  
    I have a treo 700p and just received the H700 (motorola)

Problems: 1. Cant get the purple light to stay on, so the phone will NOT pair
    2. No devices show up at all when the Treo searches

Yes, the BT is turned on.
    Yes, I did a soft reset.

What am I missing?

Thanks
    see if you have rev A of the headset. check the back and look for the model # SYNxxxA or B
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    As soon as the purple light comes on, open the boom. You should then be able to pair just fine.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    see if you have rev A of the headset. check the back and look for the model # SYNxxxA or B
    Its a "B"
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    As soon as the purple light comes on, open the boom. You should then be able to pair just fine.
    Did that many times and nothing. I did however get it to pair a few times by physically forcing the boom open as far as it could go.

Problem now is I can get the phone to pair up (once in a while) but when I go to use the phone, its not paired anymore and I have to start over
    sounds like you have bad headset
  7.    #7  
    I guess it could be bad. I do find the headset in the "known devices" folder and when I click on it, it the phone flashes and it says its ready to go.

I go to make a call and nothing.
    I had one that wouldn't pair either (could never get it to stay purple) and ended up returning it for another which worked fine..so I would exchange it.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by voorson View Post
    I guess it could be bad. I do find the headset in the "known devices" folder and when I click on it, it the phone flashes and it says its ready to go.

I go to make a call and nothing.
    ahh... then its paired. You need to go back to the trusted device list highlight the headset and then push menu then click connect. This will set it up and you shouldn't have to do that again.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    ahh... then its paired. You need to go back to the trusted device list highlight the headset and then push menu then click connect. This will set it up and you shouldn't have to do that again.
    I have done that and it still doesnt stay connected. I am going to try to connect it with my GF's Razor and if it works with that. If not, I know its the BT. If it does, something crazy with my phone

Thanks
    Lotsa fake H700's floating around ebay and other places.. make sure you have an original one..