1.    #1  
    When i go to set up an alarm for a task using the default task , to-do application, for a default it says 5 days in advance to ring the alarm and i always have to change to zero, is there a way to change default to zero rather then it keep putting 5 days for default, thanks
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    been looking for that answer for a while...the best advice is to get a third party task/calendar application, although I can't see spending money just so I get to customize the default alarm.
    I imagine some could write a program, but I haven't found it yet.
    I am doing this from memory so it might be almost right, but you definitrly can change the default calendar alarm time.
    I believe you go to phone screen, then menu (lower right button next to alt), then to system perferences, then to maybe general, then to sounds and alarms?, then to application calendar, then alarm time.
    If I don't have it exactly right above, it is there somewhere under phone / system perferences.
    Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
  4.    #4  
    yup, u can pick whatever sound u want for calendar or tasks (two different programs) but for some reason tasks picks that u want to get notified 5 days in advance as the default
    the 5 day default alarm is a very frustrating "feature" of the tasks app. I'm considering datebk 5/6 as an alternative [and a general calender replacement as well]...I like the interface over its main competition, Agendus...

EWT
  6.    #6  
    i guess the only way around is to get involved with maybe datebk then, i thought there was a smaller program i could of gotten involved in
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I can't seem to change default either. How frustrating. Has any body looked at the desktop app? I use outlook and will play with it there.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    In Tasks...
    The default is NONE
    When you select Alarm and go to the next screen, the check box is blank.
    If you click the check box the default time is "5" days earlier.
    Like others (I imagine) I would prefer it to be "0" days earlier and simply set a time for the alarm.
  9.    #9  
    anyone have any short midi sounds that i can add to my midi database file to use for task alarms, can u upload them , thankssssss
    Anyone find a way to change/eliminate the '5 days earlier' annoyance??
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pinfante View Post
    Anyone find a way to change/eliminate the '5 days earlier' annoyance??
    Short of buying a third party application, the best advice I can give is to not let it bother you. I've given up looking and now, instinctively, change it to "0" while entering the time for the alarm. Takes a second, no big deal.