Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    So here it is, the week of May 28th. It is 11:00am PST and no news from the patch, either from Palm or Verizon/Sprint. Yes, it is just the first day of the week, and it is a Holiday so the expectations that today was going to be the day were low to begin with.

Anyway, let's continue counting. Patience wears thin by the end of this week.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    *sigh*

I'm waiting.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Meanwhile, Verizon has released the Blackberry 8830 World Phone to the general public today:

http://estore.vzwshop.com/blackberry/

I've had a palm phone since the Kyocera 6035 followed by a 7135, Treo 600, 650, and finally a 700p....and I ALMOST bought a BB last night just after midnight. I decided to give Palm another 4 days for the patch....if the patch is less than a 75% fix for the POS - I'm going to the Blackberry. I'm sure others will too.

4 more days to go.....and the BB looks better every day.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I'm not holding my breath, but the wait is killing me. I am too looking at the bb8830 on vzw. I am sure it would have worked great on my trip out of the country. Every time I tried to find a signal in Mexico, the 700p reset........
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    looking into that option as well. If the MR does not address the problems as I expect, I'll seriously consider other options. This BB is good if I cannot get rid of my Verizon Contract. Otherwise, ATT has a few options and I heard the HTC Kaiser is the killer phone these days.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Something tells me this is going to be a VERY long week.

My guess is that the release will slip until next weekend or even until sometime next week. Maybe Palm thinks that the Hawkins announcement this week will push the 700p crowd to the backburner and buy them a few more days' time?
    Why Palm delay release the MR for 700p? Because they will "lose" money before less people will buy the 755p. So they will delay it as long as they can so people will buy the 755p or the 680 first...

If the 700p MR is released, everyone will buy the 2nd hand 700p, update it to the MR, and save lots of money. and palm does not make any money because they can't sell any of their 755p/680.

Its all business decision. Business don't care about consumers, business care about money first.

So who's gonna buy the 755p if palm doesn't release the MR this week? (see... more money for Palm)
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    Why Palm delay release the MR for 700p? Because they will "lose" money before less people will buy the 755p. So they will delay it as long as they can so people will buy the 755p or the 680 first...

If the 700p MR is released, everyone will buy the 2nd hand 700p, update it to the MR, and save lots of money. and palm does not make any money because they can't sell any of their 755p/680.

Its all business decision. Business don't care about consumers, business care about money first.

So who's gonna buy the 755p if palm doesn't release the MR this week? (see... more money for Palm)

Nobody will. Everyone will hate palm if that is their move.

The second hand 700's that people would buy would come from people who upgraded to 755p's. So, they would get money anyway.

It doesn't look good for a company to announce something and then take it back. It would make their stock slide (like what happened to apple the other day with the fake e-mail that leaked saying the iphone would be delayed).

The release will come this week, and if it doesn't, it pretty much means less money for palm.
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    Here is what I am doing. I called up my service provider they have no info at all about a MR at all. I told them I have letters from Steve Sinclare the Palm product manager, I emailed them to the support guy and he read them and told me he would pass it on to his supervisor. If enough of us do this it will get attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    I'm not holding my breath, but the wait is killing me. I am too looking at the bb8830 on vzw. I am sure it would have worked great on my trip out of the country. Every time I tried to find a signal in Mexico, the 700p reset........
    As for myself, I've never had a problem finding a signal in Mexico with my Palm devices (Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p) nor with my Kyocera devices (6035, 7135).

I frequently travel in large cities as well as remote areas of Mexico and have always had a crystal clear signal.

Stalker768
    JCFox...........well, i beat ya too it, i bought one today!! I'm just tired of waiting and using a device that suxs!! I can't stand all the freeze-ups, and re-sets that I have to administer on a regular basis. Good luck, and if u want another 700p hit me up I got one for sale CHEAP!!

Wish me luck with my new Blackberry 8830. I haven't had much time to mess with it, since I just bought it late this afternoon.

Matt
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    when you go to mexico, do they charge you international minutes?
    MatT, how cheap is your 700P.

pm me, I got first dibs.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Tell me about it, I KNEW it wasn't coming out today - they said May 28th, now it is the week OF the 28th. The damn 680 patch is already out!

Karl
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/brokeitcast
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post

Well...you are correct in your reasoning, but incorrect in the end result.

It is a business decision - but, as a former lawyer, I can tell you that a bunch of unhappy Treo700 owners might be seen as a potential "class action lawsuit". In my day, I organized 150+ BMW owners to raise an issue with BMW about "pixel" failure on older cars that were long out of warranty. One letter was all it took. What happened? No lawsuit was filed - BMW just GAVE away free $900 dash replacements to hundreds of owners. The BMW Forums went crazy on that.

So - while I no longer practice, and cannot give legal advise, I can say a rational business decision would be to AVOID A POTENTIAL LAWSUIT.

That said - most people trade phones after a year or so. So, if they keep palm owners happy, they keep coming back. Look at me - this is my fifth Palm based phone. It might be my last. It might be YOUR last too.

Like I said above, that Blackberry is really looking good....4 days from now, who knows!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I just went to www.palm.com. Right on the front page:

"Treo 700p Pure Palm. Speed. Ease. Palm OS Platform."

They're kidding right?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hey JC,

Thanks for the dash pixel fix! BMW hooked me up too..

It will be tomorrow on the MR, maybe Wednesday.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon View Post
    Hey JC,

Time to take this private, but REALLY?? You got one too?

Wow - I did that 4 years ago!
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon View Post
    Hey JC,

It will be tomorrow on the MR, maybe Wednesday.
    That is what I think. I think it would have been there today had it not been a holiday. Tomorrow is game day my friends.
    I have recently purchased a second-hand mint condition verizon 700P... I will wait for the MR but if the fix does not satisfy me, I think i'll jump to the BB 8830, just wish it were black.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast