Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am going to call Thursday or Friday if it happens this week... if not... then I expect at least a two to three week delay on the release...
    I would not expect it this week. Hopefully I'm wrong. D@mn hope I am wrong.
    Matty
    I dont' think it'll do much if it is released. To take this long means that its hardware related. I wasn't going to change to the 755p, but if i can get a good deal through retentions (and if its not released..i'll have more to complain about), i'm just going to swap it and sell the 700p.

It'll probably save a headache or two..lol
    if the 755p is virtually the same hardware, is it really worth extending your contract that much farther beyond the release of the linux version at year's end? You'll be stuck with it for a year and a half after it's supposedly launched.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I dont' think it'll do much if it is released. To take this long means that its hardware related. I wasn't going to change to the 755p, but if i can get a good deal through retentions (and if its not released..i'll have more to complain about), i'm just going to swap it and sell the 700p.

It'll probably save a headache or two..lol
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    If you're with Sprint and a darn good customer (i.e, pay all your bills on time and have a big plan, e.g., over $100 a month) I bet you can get retentions to do almost anything to keep you happy.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    8 lines, most Treos. Service since 97-98. Have been getting runaround with my 700p for over a month now.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Welcome back cigarman. I am leaving tomorrow and when I get back sprint would have released their version of the bb8830 which will have the GPS enables (vzw disabled gps). So no matter what this MR does I am getting a bb I have been tryibg the 8800 for a month now and I love it, not even a single reset, battery lasts for days, and I am posting from the bb now
    Treoing & Loving it
    I certainly hope this (soon to be arriving) patch is worth the wait...otherwise, i see an iphone in my future
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I'm trading my ppc-6700 for a slightly used 700p. I really hope this MR comes out before I get my (slightly)new treo.
    What sucks is that if any Verizon customers wanted to switch from the 700P, they don't have any Palm OS-based options. The 755P is only available for Sprint. So VZW customers are stuck. Palm SUCKS.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey View Post
    ... VZW customers are stuck...
    cell phone numbers are portable, so if you live in an area that gets decent reception you can easily switch (assuming your contract is up).
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    cell phone numbers are portable, so if you live in an area that gets decent reception you can easily switch (assuming your contract is up).
    It isn't that simple. I my area, Oregon, the majority of the business cell phone users are on verizon, therefore any calls I make to them are free. If I switch to sprint, or anyone else, then I'm certain I'd need to pay for more minutes.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    8 lines, most Treos. Service since 97-98. Have been getting runaround with my 700p for over a month now.
    Sprint, right?
    Dial *2 and when you're asked what you want to do say "CANCEL."
    When operator comes on the line, tell him/her what you want.

Oh, if you're with a different carrier, well...good luck with that.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I'm hearing that it's been delayed. Seriously though, both phones do use the same hardware but different designs. The 700p probably can't be fixed with a MR.

Eventually 700p owners won't want to care about updating their old device. Rather than admit failure, Palm picks this route to go. Pick a date in the future to release (they said this a long time ago) and keep delaying til noone gives a crap anymore. After all, it's only a minority of users who seem vocal about it.

You want to know why the 755p was released with hardly an upgrade? It's because they know the 700p didn't work as advertised and can't be fixed with a simple firmware update. They'd probably prefer it die already.

I don't like Palm's approach but i don't see better offerings from Sprint. I got a zillion palm programs and like the Treos (if working correctly). I'll be switching to a 755p which is the only fix we've seen and probably will for the 700p.
    I now have my treo 700p dangling over a toilet on a very thin peice of thread. I have been holding it hostage for a Maintance
    Release Palm. ....You should know this ....no release by Sunday? ..the Treo gets it ...I will burn the thread and watch your peice of shyt phone plunge helplessly into the toilet where it truly belongs and say F*ck U once and for all to Jive *** Sinclair ....and all the other idoits at Palm for their sucky way of treating 700p buyers. Remember...your time is running out Palm!!!!! No MR by Sunday?....The Treo Gets it!!!!!!!!
    After all this time and the update has "issues". They hope to have back up soon. Sigh...
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...66#post1277566

Trust me - A2DP - 2.0 MP Camera, JUST WORKS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12