1.    #1  
    Hello All,

I had a Palm 650 and it kept freezing on me. I went through two of those units and finally Cingular sent me a Palm 680 to try and remedy the problem. Funny thing is the day I got the 680 it froze up on me when I received a call.

I want to know what are my options. Can I tell AT&T I want out of my contract if they don't upgrade me to a Palm 750? I heard this Palm 750 is much better, more stable. I am a network administrator and I depend on this phone for my livelihood. The whole freezing and other issues I am having with the 650 is getting to be way ridiculous.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    You might consider first installing the new 680 ROM update that was released a few days ago. I realize this doesn't respond to your question about your contract (I have no idea whether you have the terms or leverage to accomplish that), but might still be worth considering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
    Hello All,

I had a Palm 650 and it kept freezing on me. I went through two of those units and finally Cingular sent me a Palm 680 to try and remedy the problem. Funny thing is the day I got the 680 it froze up on me when I received a call.

I want to know what are my options. Can I tell AT&T I want out of my contract if they don't upgrade me to a Palm 750? I heard this Palm 750 is much better, more stable. I am a network administrator and I depend on this phone for my livelihood. The whole freezing and other issues I am having with the 650 is getting to be way ridiculous.
    hav u tried replacing your sim card? I have had 2 650's for 2 years and don't hav this issue. I had tremendous issues in the beginning with an old sim card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
    Hello All,

Have you checked the applications you've added to your 680? I know it sounds like a dumb question, but most of the posts on the 680 and my own experience says it's really reliable, With the exception of some problems I did to myself with some apps I tried to add - I haven't had to reset or had a reset on mine - maybe once a month since November. Probably no help but I'd look first at the applications you've added - a 750 may be of no help.
    Nokia 6340+(M100-> M130)->Treo600->Treo680
    Did you do a Clean Install when you switched from the 650 to the 680? It sounds like you either have a SIM card problem or you've transferred your problem from your 650 to 680 by just hot syncing your old backup folder into the new device.
  6.    #6  
    Hello all,

Thx for the replys!

I didn't hot snyc the 680 as of yet. I have manually installed everything by hand into the phone. I am at wit's end with the palm phones to be honest.