1.    #1  
    Hello all. Casey was really sweet and sent me a copy of the free TCPMP player. Here is a totally NOOB question: I tried it today with an AVI version of Frasier (I know it's not supported). The video is beautiful, the WMA codec is not supported. I've searched vainly for a free program to covert the AVI to DivX.

Does anyone know of a WinXP program that can convert existing AVIs or DVD iso to DivX?

Or, does anyone know of a place where I can find free or reasonably priced DivX shows/movies?

Thanks for your help! I'm totally in love with my Treo 755!

Roxy
    Last edited by Roxyanne10; 05/28/2007 at 08:43 AM.
    try an app called SUPER. it's free and works great. another good free one is vemode.
    I am in the same boat except I am on a Mac so Super won't work for me. I converted a dvd with Handbrake and I get this message when I open the file in TCPMP...

"Error: Player: MPEG4 AAC audio decoder not included! It was removed from the officiall install package because of intellectual property considerations."

Can anyone recommend a Mac program that will produce a file that I can play in TCPMP?

[update] never mind. I installed the aac plugin (duh) and now everything works fine.
    Last edited by LGBTech; 06/17/2007 at 12:07 AM.
    I second Super for those on a windows based pc. Couldn't you burn the avi to a dvd using dvd decrypter or dvd shrink, then use the same program to create the iso file or an avi?
    Quote Originally Posted by LGBTech View Post
    I am in the same boat except I am on a Mac so Super won't work for me. I converted a dvd with Handbrake and I get this message when I open the file in TCPMP...

"Error: Player: MPEG4 AAC audio decoder not included! It was removed from the officiall install package because of intellectual property considerations."

Can anyone recommend a Mac program that will produce a file that I can play in TCPMP?

[update] never mind. I installed the aac plugin (duh) and now everything works fine.
    You might take a look at iSquint. That's a small, free program that will downconvert videos to mp4 for iPod; those play pretty well on the Treo, most times.

Tom