1.    #1  
    After doing a test on both the Seidio belt-clip holster for the uncased (rubberized) and rubberized slim-cased (non-rubberized) Treo 680, with the 2400mAh battery and battery door installed...I was totally disappointed. Neither holster held my phone securely and safely in place...and actually ejected it at two seperate occasions, causing slight cosmetic damage to my device. I called Seidio and told them what I thought...in no uncertain terms, adding that many on this forum and others have had similar experiences. I was apologized to, and assured that a newly re-tooled beta version was soon to be released...and that they wanted me to be the guinnea pig once again. I agreed...but with some concessions agreed to if the same thing happened to my beloved Treo again.

So...it was with much trepidation and caution that I tried the "new & improved" rubberized holster, made to be used with the unskinned/uncased "naked" Treo 680...with or without the 2400 battery installed.

Before I clipped it to my belt, or even snapped my Treo in place, I messed around with the belt clip and phone retention clip. To my pleasant suprise...both are much stronger than they were on the original. The retention clip, in particular uses a much stiffer spring that promised to hold onto the top of the Treo with a more bump-defying grip. I am in the automobile business and get in and out of cars and trucks daily...so the phone is getting jostled and bumped regularly. So I put my phone into the clip and made my way out into another work day...

I must report that...much to my suprise...the phone never left my holster. Even with quite a few bumps that would have sent it flying onto the asphalt with the older model. It is a bit harder to snap the Treo into the holster because of the stiffer spring on the retention clip...but it's barely noticeable and a very small price to pay for the added security and peace of mind it gives the device owner, knowing that...barring some huge "hit"...it wil hold his/her device safely.

I have used several different cases, pouches, and holsters in the last several months that I have owned a Treo 680. I never thought I would really like a holster...and that I would hold on to my personal preference for a horizontal leather pouch like the one Palm sells, or the luxurious Rex Regina "Stanton" (one that I will be buying soon irregardless). But...I have been impressed with this new beta version of the rubbereized Treo 680 holster from Seidio. If you have been waiting for a quality holster...and have been put off by all the negative press on TreoCentral.com and other sites concerning the older model...this one might well be for you.

I am sure the production model will be released soon.

Thanks to Seidio for a really "new & improved" product.
    Last edited by davistld01; 05/28/2007 at 03:54 AM.
    Crimson Treo 680 (given up for adoption)
    BlackBerry 9000 Bold - Main
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I just ordered my Seidio holster for my new 755P. I'm assuming I'll receive the newly designed case.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXNEXT View Post
    I just ordered my Seidio holster for my new 755P. I'm assuming I'll receive the newly designed case.
    Hope so...but the one I tested and reviewed above was a beta version. It was a pre-production model, a test piece for the retail item coming out again soon...so I would certainly contact Seidio and be certain your will be the re-tooled model.

No promises...
    Crimson Treo 680 (given up for adoption)
    BlackBerry 9000 Bold - Main
    Palm Centro - Secondary
    We have received a small quantity of the new improved holsters. If you need a replacement, please contact customer service at 832-204-1118.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    Hope so...but the one I tested and reviewed above was a beta version. It was a pre-production model, a test piece for the retail item coming out again soon...so I would certainly contact Seidio and be certain your will be the re-tooled model.

No promises...
    Each Holster we are shipping now for Treo 680, Treo 750 and Treo 755 is the "new" and "Imporved" version.

We will release the new and imporved version of holster for skinned Treo 680, 750 and 755 tomorrow (5/30) or 5/31.

Seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Each Holster we are shipping now for Treo 680, Treo 750 and Treo 755 is the "new" and "Imporved" version.

We will release the new and imporved version of holster for skinned Treo 680, 750 and 755 tomorrow (5/30) or 5/31.

Seidio

The new and imporved skin holster for Treo 680, 750 and 755 is available now !

Seidio