Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    if it was a carrier specific issue on their end would it not be a universal problem for all of us?
    Quote Originally Posted by crownzeal View Post
    If the carrier proxy was never checked in the first place, then the beta still doesn't work. I wonder if maybe this is something on yahoo's end.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble View Post
    You've installed something that's screwed up your file/app associations. Hard reset and try the page before restoring anything; I'll bet it works then.
    I haven't installed a new program or messed with any existing programs for a while so I don't think it's my end. Although I was THINKING about installing usb modem...is my 700p reading my mind?

Has anyone tried hard reseting?
    this is happening on my wifes and my phone (700p) too.. started this weekend (if I remember correctly)

Does anyone have a fix?
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    on my verizon 700p absolutely no problem accessing the site
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Both yahoo mail clients work fine on my Sprint 700p. There have been occasional glitches, but those have been yahoo problems, not the phone - I had exactly the same (occasional) issues on my old phone (not a smartphone, but an ordinary Sanyo)
    I've had the same yahoo beta link forces a download issue. I have a bookmark that I've used since I got my 700p last august but it hasn't worked from the last week or two. Also, I tried the re-entry via the wap.yahoo.com approach above and that didn't work.

I went in and cleared all my cache and cookies in blazer. Then did a soft reboot of my phone. No go.

What's interesting is even after doing a clear of my cookies, it didn't force me to re-login when I went to Yahoo WAP / USA / Mail.
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
  7.    #27  
    Well, I did a hard reset and all that managed to do was delete all my programs. Before I sync'd I went to yahoo, and I didn't have to log in. But when I went to any other site, treocentral, I did need to log in. How is that possible if everything was "erased"? No bookmarks, cookies, caches, etc...from a complete hard reset straight to web and the cookie for yahoo was still there. Any suggestions? I'm getting ready to go to a sprint store and get a new 700 or 750!
  8.    #28  
    Anyone get yahoo beta working yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by bvd1147 View Post
    Anyone get yahoo beta working yet?
    Yahoo!Go 2.0 Gamma, which I believe everyone is talking about is not available for the palmOS.
    no one is talking about Go2.0, just the yahoo mail beta. Some are having problems accessing the page as it's giving them a download instead of the mail page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen001 View Post
    Yahoo!Go 2.0 Gamma, which I believe everyone is talking about is not available for the palmOS.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    no one is talking about Go2.0, just the yahoo mail beta. Some are having problems accessing the page as it's giving them a download instead of the mail page.
    us.m.yahoo.com??
    yes. now go to mail and click on "try beta". It normally works with a much nicer mail interface. for some it has stopped working.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    yes. now go to mail and click on "try beta". It normally works with a much nicer mail interface. for some it has stopped working.
    It works fine for me... us.wap.yahoo.com/p/mail
    It works fine for others as well, just not everybody apparently.
    Ditto here!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    The mail beta JUST started working for me again now out of the blue! Not sure what exactly got updated, but hallelujah!
  17.    #37  
    Beta's working again...and the mystery continues. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.
    YES! The exact same download issue was happening for me for a couple of weeks, I think.

AND JUST NOW... I tried... again. Hoping. Wishing. And OH MY GOD it worked. I don't know why (Yahoo woke up and got to work maybe?) but ... finally!

I am a happy fool once again.
    bouncing off the top of this cloud. I'll be on VIRB.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12