1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to set the time frequency of when Chatteremail checks for new messages? I just started using the program and could not find the info in the documentation. As with other people, my battery is draining fast and I wonder if it could be related to time setting for Chatteremail. Thanks.
    chatter is push email... so its always connected.

to save battery life, go to prerference and choose all the options with the * mark -which indicates slow updates to the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    chatter is push email... so its always connected.

to save battery life, go to prerference and choose all the options with the * mark -which indicates slow updates to the server.
    Not accurate. Chatter SUPPORTS push with IMAP accounts. However if you have a POP3 account, it is not always connected.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I have chatter setup on an IMAP account to sync every 20 minutes to save battery life. I generally don't need email any more frequently. To set this. On the main screen for your mailbox. Access the top menu, under the box tab select edit mailbox. Then go to the deliver tab and select offline at the bottom and select qsync every ___ box. Fill in the blank for how often you want to sync. For me I set the hard mail button on the phone to qsynch within Chattermail. So If I hit the mailbox button from another app, it takes me to chatter, once in chatter a second press synchs between sycheduled synchs if I need to check immediately. Hope this helps.
    yeah.. totally forgot about qsync. my bad
  6.    #6  
    Thanks allot. I would have never found that setting. By the way, are you saying that a POP account has the same setting? Also, will a POP account also be push or does it just go out and check for new email. My mail server is IMAP and is working fine. But I would like to eventually setup a POP account also.
    I think it would have to go get it with a synch. BTW another neat feature is the sleep function under the other tab on the same screen as the deliver tab. Here you can set chatter to sleep during specific hours. mine 12:00a.m to 6:00 a.m to further reduce battery drain. If I'm up past twelve I just do a manual synch described above.
  8.    #8  
    By the way, does Chatteremail have a Rules function similar to Outlook? Our company SPAM server is marking emails containing SPAM with a subject line of "SPAM:....". So in Outlook, I just setup a rule to move those emails to the Junk or Deleted folder and then the emails are removed after so many days. Also, are there any type of SPAM features that you can enable within Chatteremail ?
    no.

cannot set filters with chatter. (you set it on the server side).

or in your case, you can forward all your mail to a gmail account and create your filter there.

THEN, forward it again to an IMAP account (aol) for push effect