1.    #1  
    this is my battery graph captured during the past few days.

I am almost sure there is something wrong with it. I have the feeling that radio usage (not even 3d games like MicroQuad) kills the battery, totally.

Does battery graph polling affects the battery, too?

I would be grateful if someone else posted battery graph snapshots?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You'll have to say what other applications are installed.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    A lot, actually.

But first I'd like to discuss *if* there is a problem with my battery graph, and then I will try to find the solution.

PS: I have also installed all the updates (not the latest concerning the AT&T devices, because I can't)
    See above.
  5.    #5  
    ok, here it goes:

except for battery graph I have installed

VideoHound
    TCPMP
    Butler
    Phone Technician
    KeyCaps650
    Buzz (disabled)
    Card Reader
    DateBk6
    DateWheel
    DialStat
    DiddleBug
    FindHack
    HandyShopper
    Kb Lights Off
    MagicButton
    MinutesPlus
    MyCallLog
    Piloc
    PowerRun
    PalmRevolt
    Skinner
    Snap
    SlovoEd
    SoftReset
    RsrcEdit
    SplashID
    UniDec
    Uninstall Manager
    X3
    WatchManager
    Quote Originally Posted by xpan View Post
    ok, here it goes:

except for battery graph I have installed

Butler
    Phone Technician
    KeyCaps650
    FindHack
    Kb Lights Off
    Skinner
    Snap
    Those are the only ones I know which are background apps, although not 100% sure about Skinner.. Butler and Phone Tech, no question..

Anywho, background apps and BG don't play well together. Every time they wake up at all, battery graph has to open, update, and write its database. So it's doing a lot more work than without battery graph, and along the same lines, with battery graph, the Palm is doing a lot more work each time it wakes from rem sleep for a millisecond or two.

Okay, before I start really blaming interactions, if battery graph isn't running do you see the same type of battery draining? Just watch the percentage every few hours. If so, then seems it's not battery graph, but otherwise, you're creating a symptom.
  7.    #7  
    Those are the only ones I know which are background apps, although not 100% sure about Skinner.. Butler and Phone Tech, no question..

Anywho, background apps and BG don't play well together. Every time they wake up at all, battery graph has to open, update, and write its database. So it's doing a lot more work than without battery graph, and along the same lines, with battery graph, the Palm is doing a lot more work each time it wakes from rem sleep for a millisecond or two.

Okay, before I start really blaming interactions, if battery graph isn't running do you see the same type of battery draining? Just watch the percentage every few hours. If so, then seems it's not battery graph, but otherwise, you're creating a symptom.
    I see. Thanks for the info. I forgot to mention that I also use KeyGuardTime (http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...eyguardTime%2B)

I will try to disable battery graph and get rid of the not-so-necessary background apps...
    Not to hijack the thread but damn that Battery Graph looks interesting.

Is it a program? I assume it is, can you post a link to its site? Thanks!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  9.    #9  
    it is freeware application and you can find it here:

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilitie...erygraph.shtml

I would be grateful if you post your battery graph after 3-4 days of use...
    I am almost sure there is something wrong with it.
    Although you have nicely indicated when GSM was on and off, you did not mention, how much you use your Treo besides its phone function (PDA functions, mp3, video, etc...).

Regarding the high discharge rate during GSM usage, try the following:

After each and every phone call be really careful that you end the call on the Treo by pushing the red button. Do not let the caller hang up on you without yourself on the Treo also ending the call by hanging up! Especially watch for the "hanging up" in the display!

If you forget to actively end the call, make a soft-reset (there's another possibility by starting a call yourself and hanging up, but let's skip this for the moment).

Try this (really carefully) for a few days and look if the steep discharge phases reduce.

Of course, you need Battery Graph installed for this... khaytsus is right that Battery Graph puts a little more workload on a Treo during wakeup/going to sleep, but it is surely not the culprit for your high discharge rates...
  11.    #11  
    I know that there might be a "power leak" while using the radio of the Treo so I am trying to be careful when I end up a call by pressing the red button.

for the moment I uninstalled battery graph so I can measure discharge without it.

I have also noticed that the less power I have the slower it discharges. I am trying to say is that I have the feeling the discharge from 99% to 90% is steeper than from 20% to 10%. This shows faintly on the graph if you are very careful. This may be implies that more power in the battery results in less accurate measurements...

PS: I forgot to mention that during the day PDA usage is moderate. No Mails, no GPRS, no internet, no mp3, etc...
    I know that there might be a "power leak" while using the radio of the Treo so I am trying to be careful when I end up a call by pressing the red button.

for the moment I uninstalled battery graph so I can measure discharge without it.

I have also noticed that the less power I have the slower it discharges. I am trying to say is that I have the feeling the discharge from 99% to 90% is steeper than from 20% to 10%. This shows faintly on the graph if you are very careful. This may be implies that more power in the battery results in less accurate measurements...

PS: I forgot to mention that during the day PDA usage is moderate. No Mails, no GPRS, no internet, no mp3, etc...
    xpan - I have plotted a few battery graphs here and there. Have a look at post 190 in this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...138054&page=10 . I think your battery is draining way too fast for standby mode, but as Khaytsus says, it depends on how much background activity you have - ie. it may not be spending much time in standby mode, even overnight. Have a read of the first post in this thread too http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=dig%27s - it may have some useful tips for you if you havent seen it already.
  13.    #13  
    DIG thank you very much. I will try the following.

1./ Buckup everything
    2./ hard-reset
    3./ fully discharge Treo
    4./ fully charge Treo + soft-reset after led turns green
    5./ measure the discharge overnight during stand-by mode.

PS: I must also say that there are spots in my house where I get only 1-2 lines of signal. I think this must be one of the reasons... However at this spots my Treo sometimes used to loose the signal (SOS calls only). Since I put a business-card piece over the SIM drawer, I never lost the signal but I still get 1 line.