Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Just upgraded from a Treo 600 to the Treo 755p. I am going through the process of reinstalling all my applications a few at a time and I am totaly impressed with the Treo 755p coming from the Treo 600.

The question I have is that I had a good number of picture files stored on my Treo 600 SD card. They are in a subdirectory but they have a file type of .pbmp

Is there any way to convert these picture files so I can use them on the Treo 755p ?
    I use Palm Desktop when it comes to converting files from my 600 to my 700. I don't see why it would make any difference with the 755 if you utilize Palm Desktop.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    I use Palm Desktop when it comes to converting files from my 600 to my 700. I don't see why it would make any difference with the 755 if you utilize Palm Desktop.
    KStewart,
    Palm Desktop only manages the data including pictures that are in the internal memory of the palm device. It can't see the data thats on the SD card.

In my case I took a lot of pictures with the Treo 600 which I saved to the SD card. It looks like Palm OS on the Treo 600 stored the files in a directory with an extention of (.pbmp) which I am guessing is a Palm version of a BMP file.
    Looks like the Treo 755p now stores pictures with a file extention of (.jpg).

What I am trying to do is get these pictures into the (.jpg) format that the 755p uses.

Thanks
    Rich
    Its been a while since I've used my 600, but I believe the pbmp files are thumbnails and that the jpgs are the actual pictures.

If you sync the 600 and the pictures are in internal memory, then it'll put them in your Treo pictures folder on the PC as jpg files. If the pictures are on the SD, you can use an SD card to transfer them over, and if you don't have an SD card, you could always email them to yourself or beam them from one Treo to the other.
    If you want to keep them on the SD and make them visible to the 700p, you probably have to move the folder on the SD card. The 700 and I assume 755 use the DCIM folder, and I think the 600 used a different one.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Thank guy's for the tips.
    After looking closer at the directories on the Treo 600 SD the (.pbmp) files were in a subdirectory at DCIM\Treo_TN\DCIM. The TN must mean thumb nail as someone suggested.

What I did do before I read the latest reply's was use the utility ZFILES and beamed over the (.jpg) files from the Treo 600 SD to the 775p SD. The 755p does not use the Treo_TN subdirectory.

It looks like the 755p does not create thumb nail files as the Treo 600 did. They must have done that on the Treo 600 to speed up the picture aps.

Thanks again to all those that replied. Problem solved.

Rich
    The Palm desktop will sync your card pics now also