1.    #1  
    about 2 weeks ago i bought wordsmith (www.bluenomad.com). yesterday i got a letter from think outside (www.thinkoutside.com) cause i'm a registered stowaway user. the letter said that if i wanted to buy wordsmith, i could get ten dollars off because i use their keyboard.

so, a little peeved, i wrote a letter to blue nomad saying "hey, i have this electronic coupon... but i already own your software" and they wrote back and said "oh, okay, thanks for buying wordsmith and using the keyboard" and they credited my visa for the $10.

that bloody rocks! any other company would have said "sorry, but the coupon is to encourage potential customers to become real customers. sorry about your timing!"

kudos to Blue Nomad!

mc
    Agreed!
    Blue Nomad has obtained my customer loyalty the old fashioned way, they earned it.
    Over and above the fact that their programs are the tops in their respective fields, Blue Nomad's customer service is above and beyond the call of duty.
    I too love Blue Nomad, I use WordSmith on an almost hourly basis...

I fear for them however. DTG is being bundled with new Palms, and QuickOffice in Handeras... Is Blue Nomad going to get pushed out? Are DTG docs and WordSmith docs compatible..? I like WS a lot, but if I'm the only one in my area using it... well...

thoughts?
    Originally posted by Winchell
    Agreed!
    Blue Nomad has obtained my customer loyalty the old fashioned way, they earned it.
    Exactly -- and earned it with two excellent products: one that demands intense reliability (BackupBuddy), and one that continues to excel in an extremely competitive market (WordSmith).

Apparently we're not the only people whose loyalty BN has earned. They get some of the best word-of-mouth and praise I've seen on the various PDA web sites and discussion groups I frequent. Glad to see it!
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Besides having a great product, their support is unparalleled!

I had found a bug and emailed them, within 3 hours it was fixed!! Amazing!

Hitman

http://www.MostlyBass.com
    Originally posted by hitman

http://www.MostlyBass.com
    I went to your website thinking it would be about fishing!
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I get the fish thing alot!! maybe I should've picked another URL.
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    DTG is being bundled with new Palms, and QuickOffice in Handeras... Is Blue Nomad going to get pushed out?
    Let's hope not. Perhaps we'll see the old "saving the best for last" scenario and Handspring will put the best on one of their next models!

The support offered by Blue Nomad is the best I've ever seen from any company ever!!! Not only do they really care about their customers, but in my experience, it's always on a first-name-basis as well. In all of my dealings with them I have always felt like they were dealing one-on-one... no form letters or automatic responses, etc. And their products aren't too shabby, either!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Originally posted by MarkEagle

And their products aren't too shabby, either!
    Their products are second to none! As soon as there's bullet support, I will be the king of all notetakers!
    Originally posted by MarkEagle

Let's hope not. Perhaps we'll see the old "saving the best for last" scenario and Handspring will put the best on one of their next models!
    That would be something else, indeed! Has anyone mentioned this to Handspring?
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Another big thumbs up for Blue Nomad. We just bought my wife a new Mac G4 cube, and I wrote to BN asking if they offered a reduced rate for multiple licences of BackupBuddy, since we will now be synching on two different platforms.

Lo and behold, they sent me the url to download the Mac version - seems one licence fee covers multiple copies and platforms!