1.    #1  
    Under closer investigation (I'm such a genius) - I've now figured out that after every single soft reset I have to realign the touchscreen when the phone boots back up. Will you please reset a couple of times and see if the stylus/touchscreen is still working correctly?

Thanks amigos... I'm trying to figure out if I'll need to do an exchange or if this is something to wait for with a patch. Obviously, I'll need to get this figured out in the next 20 days or so, to be within my 30 day window. I appreciate you taking the time to help a brotha out.
    i hope no one else's breaks trying this for you.
    I think you are right. Mine does too.
    Mine seems to do okay after a reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldstallyns258 View Post
    i hope no one else's breaks trying this for you.
    My thoughts exactly. Exchange it, that's not the way it should operate.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    mine is ok after a reset. I would exchange it.
    Mine does the same. It's really annoying to navigate to preferences to recalibrate when the stylus clicks on things 1 cm to the left...
    Handspring Visor with Sprint Springboard - Treo 270 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Iphone 3gs
    but doesn't the directional pad make it pretty simple to go to the calibration?
    mine does not requre realigning.
  10.    #10  
    Wyldstallins, I hope you're joking... asking users to soft reset their Treos shouldn't cause anyone any undue harm...

And simply by the responses so far, it looks like we've uncovered a fairly significant bug in some Treo 755p's... whoever commented that it's not that big of a deal isn't having to go and recalibrate after every single reset... this'll get old pretty fast.

It looks like an exchange will be necessary for quite a few of us, unless Palm identifies this problem and provides a patch.
    try taking a credit card and pushing it in on all 4 sides on the screen.

from there, realign the screen.

see if that works for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    try taking a credit card and pushing it in on all 4 sides on the screen.
    That should definitely be the visiting card, unless they changed things in the 755p.
    Quote Originally Posted by enchilada88 View Post
    Wyldstallins, I hope you're joking... asking users to soft reset their Treos shouldn't cause anyone any undue harm...

And simply by the responses so far, it looks like we've uncovered a fairly significant bug in some Treo 755p's... whoever commented that it's not that big of a deal isn't having to go and recalibrate after every single reset... this'll get old pretty fast.

It looks like an exchange will be necessary for quite a few of us, unless Palm identifies this problem and provides a patch.
    Please don't take me wrong, this isn't said with any negative meaning but the thing is, you didn't uncover a fairly significant flaw, it's like I said all along, there was something wrong with your unit and when it happened to anyone more than once the phone should be exchanged. These phones are two weeks old and shouldn't have to be fixed already. You came up with the same fix (exchange) that you were told to do before everyone was asked to start resetting their device.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    That should definitely be the visiting card, unless they changed things in the 755p.
    And what does this accomplish?
  15.    #15  
    Thanks for the tip, Trim81... I tried it but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Sorry, GreenHex, but I'm not sure what a "visiting card" is?

RickMG - I understand what you're saying - your point of view is that there's something wrong with my specific phone's construction... however, we've now got at least three of us that have responded on this board having this issue, so it still seems possible to me that this is something software/ROM related that Palm could fix with a patch. I'll bet you that there's a LOT of folks out there that haven't had their 755p soft reset yet, so they might not even realize if there's a problem with their phone. For some of us, it's a bit of a hassle to travel back to the Sprint store, and it takes FOREVER once you're there, so I'm just making sure I have all my facts.
    agreed. sprint wait time is RIDICOULOUS (especially here in L.A)
    RickMG - I'll bet you that there's a LOT of folks out there that haven't had their 755p soft reset yet, so they might not even realize if there's a problem with their phone. For some of us, it's a bit of a hassle to travel back to the Sprint store, and it takes FOREVER once you're there, so I'm just making sure I have all my facts.
    This explains what you were trying to do a lot better than your first post and makes more sense to me so thanks for explaining that. I now would like to explain to you where I was coming from. I am a firm believer of not messing with something that works, ie. if your car is running fine, why tune it up? I feel that if your Palm is running fine (and especially if it's not resetting) why ask for trouble by resetting it a couple of times. If someone's phone hasn't reset in two weeks then the problem you're talking about might not be a bother if they only have to set the touchscreen once in a long while. And certainly, if I had one that I had to correct the touchscreen everytime it reset I would certainly take it back no matter how far and how long of a wait I had being it's this new. Because, like we've seen with all those waiting for the 700 patch coming out to make it stable, that wait can be longer than replacing it. I guess what I'm saying is I would hate to be one of the guinea pigs that reset my unit a few times to find out although I do want to thank those of you that do if it helps. By the way, if it is a software issue, you guys should check and see what common third party apps you have installed as that could be a cause or if this still happens after a hard reset.
    Last edited by RickMG; 05/27/2007 at 09:20 AM.
    I had to do this on my 700p for a couple of weeks. It started after I put a screen protector on. I replaced the screen protector and worked it all the way across the screen and the problem went away. I'm guessing the first time I put the screen on, I had depressed one area a little more than another and shifted sometihng out of place that it was making contact.

I can't say that is the case but it is worth a shot.
    Sorry, GreenHex, but I'm not sure what a "visiting card" is?
    In USA these were once called calling cards, left when visiting someone's home and they were not in. A business card will suffice.