Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Not compatible with the 755p!
    So now you have no choice but to pay monthly for mobile voice dial.
    Yeah, that sucks but I'm real impressed with Mobile Voice Dial. It's slow as hell but when your driving or doing something else it's rather cool.
    Handspring Visor with Sprint Springboard - Treo 270 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Iphone 3gs
    but do you pay monthly for it or do you mean the extra costs are the data plan itself. I don't have a data plan, and actually regret purchasing voicedialit for my 650 because I don't use it as much as I could, but I didn't know that mobile voice dial actually charged you monthly. Now I see its 6.00 a month. That's a rip for a novelty piece of software that has something similar already built into windows mobile, no?
    Last edited by cadman; 05/26/2007 at 07:19 PM. Reason: added text
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Not compatible with the 755p!
    So now you have no choice but to pay monthly for mobile voice dial.
    What about it doesn't work? I can use it to contact dial without a problem. Are you using the latest version? There's even a link to it on the Palm support site.

-B
    Quote Originally Posted by BiliBug View Post
    What about it doesn't work? I can use it to contact dial without a problem. Are you using the latest version? There's even a link to it on the Palm support site.

-B
    MVC is indeed slow and requires an internet connection in order to work. I'm going to uninstall it and give Voice Dial a try. I'd also much rather pay a one-time fee of $19.99 than $6 a month for it!

Bilibug, was Voice Dial faster than MVC?
  6.    #6  

-B
    I fresh installed the one I had for the 700p, and it said it will not work with my new device. Did not know that there was a new ver out will go there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ejdiego View Post
    Bilibug, was Voice Dial faster than MVC?
    I never bothered using MVC, as I already paid for Voice Dial. The monthly charge also put me off.
    -B

-B
    I went to Palm's website and downloaded it. I carefully followed the "special" instructions for using it with a Mac. I installed it to my expansion card as the instructions indicated and then opened it and installed it into the 755's memory. So far so good.

Guess not. Right after I opened it I momentarily heard "Say a command" and for a second I saw some command selections on the screen. Then they disappeared and I got the same crappy message that I got on my previous 700P, "There is currently not enough memory to run VoiceSignal. The application will now close." And it did

Phone Info shows Free Space: 54.0M of 62.8M

I'd love to get this working. Any suggestions? I will try Palm Support tomorrow.

BTW, I noticed something in the notes about a conflict with "GetGood." I tried to delete it but couldn't figure out how. Is GetGood actually installed or is it just an icon which opens a link to download it?

One way or another, I'm hopelessly stuck.

Thanks for your thoughts,

GeneL
  9.    #9  
    Dont know about a mac, but the more recent version does work well with the 755p.
    Dont know about a mac, but the more recent version does work well with the 755p.
    I don't think my problem has anything to do with using a Mac.

The install went through without a hitch. The problem appears to be a glitch between the 755 and VoiceDial.

It's just weird that, while the phone has plenty of available memory, the app quits with an error message that there's not enough memory???

I'm off to see the Wizard (Palm Support). I'll report the results, anon.
    I just got off the phone with Palm. After several hard resets, I still have the same problem "not enough memory available…"

I'm supposed to get a callback from 2nd tier support.

What puzzles me the most is that, if others who say Voice Dial works on their 755s which should have the same apps in ROM, why am I getting a conflict and they're not?

BTW I installed Voice Dial after a hard reset and installed nothing else. I had thought that Agendus was the source of the conflict, but it appears not.

This is really important to me, since I'd hate to pay $6 a month for the same function.

Any suggestions from those who have Voice Dial working on their 755s?
    Download Voicedial version 2.o from the Palm site and it will work fine. At least it does for me. Delete the old version first.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenic View Post
    Download Voicedial version 2.o from the Palm site and it will work fine. At least it does for me. Delete the old version first.
    Tenic, I downloaded the newest version directly from Palm's 755 page and that's the only version I installed.

I had thought that, perhaps, Agendus Pro, Bookworm or Kinoma (which are the only 3rd party apps I installed) might be the cause of my problem, so I did a hard reset and then installed only Voice Dial. I still had the same "not enough memory available" problem???

I spoke to Palm support on Monday and after the tech rep ran out of ideas, he said he'd call me back in a half hour. Still haven't heard from him, so I'm going to call Palm this morning.

This is one application that I really want to use, so I wonder why some say it works for them and not for me?

Thanks for your thoughts,

GeneL
  14.    #14  
    Gene, I probably made the same mistake. But cleaned it out and installed the new one on palm's website. Works like a charm.
    Gene, I probably made the same mistake. But cleaned it out and installed the new one on palm's website. Works like a charm.
    Aviator, I sure wish I knew what is different about my 755???

I got through to the developer's tech support through email and they sent me another installer that they said should work.

Guess what? It didn't Not only did it not work, but it caused the Treo to reset several times and when it came up the phone was off. When I turned it back on (which took several tries) the chimes that I normally hear when the phone comes on weren't heard.

I'm really frustrated because my S/O has this same app on her KRZR and I love the way it works.

I'll keep after a solution, but it would be nice if I could find out what is causing the problem.

Again, thanks for your thoughts,

GeneL
    Are you sure you did a hard reset? You know this involves holding the power button in while you insert the battery. If this doesn't work, I'd say you have some memory problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenic View Post
    Are you sure you did a hard reset? You know this involves holding the power button in while you insert the battery. If this doesn't work, I'd say you have some memory problems.

Tenic, When I was troubleshooting with the Palm support guy, I did several hard resets. That didn't help at all and it's a PIA to keep restoring all my favorites buttons.

I don't know if I made this clear but I had exactly the same problem on my 700P which the 755 replaced.

I can't imagine that it has anything to do with something that I'm causing. I mean it's just a matter of downloading the installer and then installing it on the Treo. I don't see that there is any option that I could effect.

Unless I can get the right help from Voice Signal, the developer, I don't know any way to make this work.

My big question is, why is it working for some people and not for me?

GeneL
    That is insane. Happening with the 700 and now the 755, It seems as though you are the only constant, but if you hard reset and that is the only thing you try to install WTF???

Question, Do you sync your contacts before the install? The "installer" interacts with your contacts during install and then subsequently after adding new contacts.

Because you have the same problem on different devices, my best guess would be that you have a corrupt contacts DB

Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    That is insane. Happening with the 700 and now the 755, It seems as though you are the only constant, but if you hard reset and that is the only thing you try to install WTF???

Question, Do you sync your contacts before the install? The "installer" interacts with your contacts during install and then subsequently after adding new contacts.

Because you have the same problem on different devices, my best guess would be that you have a corrupt contacts DB

Good luck
    Hey sxtg!

It's an interesting thought and worth considering.

If you are right about the contacts database, do you have any idea how to fix it?

I'm using Missing Sync with Entourage on a MacPro if that means anything.

Good golly, Miss Molly! I want to fix this so bad!

I'm pretty happy with the 755 after the problems with the 700P, so getting Voice Dial to work would be frosting on the cake.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/210/4...67ccf9b6_m.jpg My daddy is pulling out his feathers!
    First I would delete the database to see if it installs correctly without it. Be careful you don't sync the delete to your Computer and wipe out your contacts all together Hard reset, don't sync and use the installer from an SD card

If it installs correctly, I vaguely remember an application that attempts to fix DB corruptions. IF it were me, I would rebuild it manually (cut / paste to note pad or something), so I wouldn't lug the corruption around for the next who knows how long.
    Last edited by sxtg; 05/31/2007 at 01:36 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast