1.    #1  
    I apologize if this has been posted previously but I recalled reading a thread in which someone stated that they used a program to implement a default ringer based upon the contact's category and s/he was disappointed that this wasn't an option on the 755.

While playing around last night, I learned that you can do this - by editing the category. A new option comes up where you can choose a default ringtone for that category.

I stumbled upon it by choosing a contact, clicking to edit that contact, clicking to choose a category, going to "edit categories", clicking on a category and then "edit" and voila.

Hope this helps someone!

T.
    The 700p does this as well
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I know you can do this, but it doesn't work for me. I set specific ringtone for "family". When I go to a "family" member, the ringtone is default.
    It won't show a different rintone in that individual listing. Does the ringtone for the category not play when that individual calls? And is caller ID showing the correct person calling?
    cavingjan,

That cleared up part of it. I was expecting to see the ringtone change for each of the members of the category. I am not sure if it will ring correctly. Haven't had any calls yet. I am able to test 2 phones. Both are set to default ringtone. I set the category to a special. One phone rings the special and the other the default. The correct caller id comes through on both. Not that it should matter, but the one that works correctly is a cell, the other is a landline.

I'll just have to watch it in the future.

Thank you.