Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    What are the sprint PCS mail settings so I can set this up Via Snapper mail...this is the email that comes with the Sprint Account...

Thanks
    Brian
    I copied this from there support site. Hope it helps.

SprintPCS

1. You need to set an EMAIL password for your Sprint account:
    * Go to Sprint's web site at www.sprintpcs.com.
    * Log onto your "My PCS" using your SprintPCS phone and password. Unless you have changed it, your password is the last four digits of your social security number.
    * Click on "My Personal Information" located along the left side of the screen.
    * Under "Passwords", click the "Modify" link to the right of "PCS Vision User Name". This will display your SprintPCS email address, and give you the option to change it if you wish. Write this address down for future reference, as you will need this information to setup SnapperMail on your handheld device. If you have made changes, click "Submit" to get back to the "My Personal Information" screen. If no changes were made, click "Cancel" to get back to the "My Personal Information" screen.
    * Click on the "Modify" link to the right of "PCS Vision Password", just under "PCS Vision User Name".
    * Follow the on-screen prompts to enter a new password. Note that you will need to have your phone on and in a coverage area for the password to be reset on your phone. Write down your new password for future reference, as you will need this information to setup SnapperMail on your handheld device.

2. In your SnapperMail Account settings under Server (Edit Accounts | Server), enter the following:

POP3 Server: pop.sprintpcs.com
    Username: [your Sprint username†]
    Password: [your EMAIL password you set in step 1 above]
    Note: Using Sprint's POP3 server is not required. If you use your own ISP's POP3 server, you can continue to do so.

SMTP Server: smtp.sprintpcs.com
    Username: [your Sprint username†]
    Password: [your EMAIL password you set in step 1 above]

† - Enter the portion of your SprintPCS Vision email address before the "@" here. So, if your address is myname@sprintpcs.com, your username would be myname. Some users have reported that entering only the username part does not work. If it does not work for you, please try entering your entire SprintPCS Vision email address.

Alternate information: Sprint complicates things by having three passwords - the account management password, the Vision password, and the e-mail password. This may help you: On the Sprint PCS web site, there is a 'Preferences' link by the compose msg function. Under the preferences, you can set up an e-mail password. THIS is the password that is assigned to the SMTP and POP servers in SnapperMail.

I had to actually go in an change my email password to get this to work despite the fact I knew my vision password. If you don't know yours, just change both to the same thing via account management, the vision one is a little harder to find but it is there.

Muff
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Sweet...Thanks

Brian