1.    #1  
    I've never made one, so this is hopefully a thread to combine ideas on what people would like to see in custom 680 ROMs, similar what we saw in the 650 roms.

I'd like to see the following removed:

VersaMail (1)
    Pocket Tunes (2)
    AddIt
    GetGood
    XpressMail
    Documents 2 Go (3)

Numbered above are better replaced (in ram!) with:

1. Chatter
    2. Newer Pocket Tunes
    3. Newer D2G version

So, you rom experts.. Would removing these give more ram back (not too big a deal IMO), and certainly remove their silly duplicate icons from ZLauncher, etc..

Any others that should be removed? Maybe multiple versions, such as:

Lite version:

VersaMail
    Pocket Tunes
    AddIt
    GetGood
    XpressMail
    Documents 2 Go

"Clean" version:

AddIt
    GetGood
    XpressMail

Maybe others that just remove Versamail, etc..
    replace the 680 Phone App with the 755/650 phone App
    Palm, could you please go ahead and put WiFi, GPS, expanded clipboard limit, and the 1800mah standard sized battery in the next ROM upgrade. That should do me.
    Patrick Horne
    If you alrady use Zlauncher, its easy to hide the icons you don't want to see. Create new tab: call it unused, or something like that. Move all the icons you don't use to that tab, then hide it.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    If you alrady use Zlauncher, its easy to hide the icons you don't want to see. Create new tab: call it unused, or something like that. Move all the icons you don't use to that tab, then hide it.
    Of course.. And there's also Obfuscate.

But there's the point of the dumb junk in there that there's no point in having at all. As with the 650, some folks went in and pruned stuff out that was unnecessary, although I suspect there's less need to do it with the 680 due to the fact that it has much more ram, dbcache, and heap to start with.

I know I'm waiting for a week or so before doing the upgrade.. Hoping someone makes a custom rom with some of the stuff above removed.
    I don't know if you can put commercial software (ChatterMail) on a Custom ROM Update
    Quote Originally Posted by xpan View Post
    I don't know if you can put commercial software (ChatterMail) on a Custom ROM Update
    Sure you can.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

what exactly is addit and getgood?
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    AddIt provides Reuters headlines, newsletters, sells software and appears to be tied into the MyTreo server.

Get Good is for Good Technologies products. Some enterprises use it rather than Exchange.

Palm, unlike others, is agnostic.

Thats a cool idea thanks !
    Using the standard launcher, you get the same result by putting application into "unfiled" category...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by xpan View Post
    I tried to be clear about it, but perhaps I wasn't.. I meant remove Mail, D2G, Pocket Tunes, etc.. Then install the newest versions in RAM. Not ROM.

But yes, you can put stuff like that in ROM. Doesn't mean you're pirating it, would still have to have a key. Chatter isn't changing now, but I wouldn't put it in ROM regardless personally.
    I want the latest Pocket Tunes, DTG 10 and the latest VersaMail loaded in ROM. Get rid of GetGood (Technologies) and ExpressMail and PLEASE, PLEASE give me the Exchange Active Sync with Push update so I can sync my Calendar and over the air.

Having live updates of my calendar will be the Holy Grail of productivity in my office. Don't need Push email or Contact sync, but those can be beneficial as well.