Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Wow, the battery is weak.
    guess I got spoiled by the extended battery in my 700p.

where the hec is the extended battery for this phone, and I hope it will not require an extended door sticking out, I'll be pissed.

My 700p had the extended battery and did not need any kind of extended door, it was the same size as the oem battery.

does anyone have any insight on this battery issue?

I can't believe that it was that close to empty (battery strenght) by 7:00 pm. I didn't even make that many calls. It's kind of upsetting, lol.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    The battery life on mine is terrible. I'm currently in Canada so I'm not using the phone much. I have Chatter offline, and I keep it disconnected from data. After just thumbing through some apps for a few minutes, the battery will drain out of nowhere. How does it go down from 100% to 75% in maybe two hours when I'm not using the Treo for anything? I'm coming from a 650 with standard 1800 mah battery and this is ridiculous.
    good thing you don't have a blackjack huh? from people i know, you have to charge it like twice a day.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    all we need is an extended battery to come out soon, right?

this one is weak compared to both my 650 and 700p that had a 2400.

please, give us an extended battery lmao....
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    I like the 3200 that will be nice for this phone or any.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebpda View Post
    I like the 3200 that will be nice for this phone or any.
    yea i use 3200 mah in my 700wx. it isnt as good as i hoped but it is alot better then the standard. if i didn't live in such a crappy service area the battery would last alot longer.
    yeah, at first i thought I was okay with the battery...now its definitely not keeping up with my daily needs.
    I ditto the same comment, this battery isn't as great as the one in the 700p, it used to last me all day and had maybe 30% left at 11pm, but this one almost ran out at 6pm, I had to buy a car charger to make sure the phone was on.

Treo 755p.
    So far I haven't seen the severe battery drain, but I generally don't bluetooth or stream music with ptunes. For me with a moderate amount of surfing, email and phone calls, I'm not noticing a 25% drop in two hours. In idle mode with no use my drop appears to be 4-6% / hour. This is slightly more than my 650 which had about 3-5% drain. I live in an EVDO area with decent coverage using chattermail.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    ok good, so it's not just me... lol

does anyone know when the extended batt will be out? OR, is there one out there that worked on a previous phone that will work?

This is a major issue imo.

you don't alway's have access to the car for the car charger, etc...
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    ok good, so it's not just me... lol

does anyone know when the extended batt will be out? OR, is there one out there that worked on a previous phone that will work?

This is a major issue imo.

you don't alway's have access to the car for the car charger, etc...
    Seidio is working on an extended battery for the 755. I don't know if it will be a higher capacity battery or a larger battery, or when it will be out. I'll bet that they expected it would be sharing the same body as the 680 and 750, but it turns out that the battery well in the 755p is deeper, so no current extended batteries on market will work.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I couldn't agree more, I have to charge my phone twice a day with my normal usage. Very unhappy with battery life....

Bek

Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    Wow, the battery is weak.
    guess I got spoiled by the extended battery in my 700p.

where the hec is the extended battery for this phone, and I hope it will not require an extended door sticking out, I'll be pissed.

My 700p had the extended battery and did not need any kind of extended door, it was the same size as the oem battery.

does anyone have any insight on this battery issue?

I can't believe that it was that close to empty (battery strenght) by 7:00 pm. I didn't even make that many calls. It's kind of upsetting, lol.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    hated... one bad feature about this phone... but I love everything else about it

well... except for the cheesy stylus... and the battery....

nothing that an extended won't fix... hopefully soon
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Even worse, I don't even think you can buy an extra standard battery anywhere at this time. I visited a Palm store recently, and they have nothing for the 755p. They had never even seen one before until I showed them mine!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    Even worse, I don't even think you can buy an extra standard battery anywhere at this time. I visited a Palm store recently, and they have nothing for the 755p. They had never even seen one before until I showed them mine!
    Which palm store you talking about? I went to the one in sf the other day and they had 755p's and they were selling few of em'. You're right about the accessories/batteries though.
    diane
    I believe Boxwave has the standard battery and the extended battery, one thing I hate though is that the battery is lil bigger so it has to be given a custom battery cover to fit the battery....I don't want a HUMP on my 755P!
    yes, battery life on the 755 is a big dissapointment.. I "upgraded" from 650, and the battery life was great, could go for at least 2 days with lots of usage without a problem..
    now about 6 PM and I am out.. now I find myself worrying about not using the phone too much during the day..!! it pretty much defeats the purpose of having the devise..
    I am really considering going back to the 650 and returning this phone... it does not good to me to worry about usage and still run out by 6 pm..
    does anyone have experience with extended batteries (I did not need one with my 650).. do they last at least 2 days?
    Juan
    Yes, what a difference that extra 200 mAh makes - the 755 is a major change downward. Another factor for 700p transitioners is the additional load of bluetooth now that the headsets seem to stay paired on the 755 and we can finally use them.

One of my 755's had a sudden battery drop overnight of about 70%. I'm noticing a few other anomalies in the hardware that I *hope* are caused by third party apps - the last thing we need is another Palm hardware dud after the 650 and 700p fiascos.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    By the way - the 1800mAh batteries will fit O.K. without the back cover (and you can use the phone without it popping out), so keeping one around for emergencies is not a bad idea.

(Wish I could say the same about the 20-odd SD cards I have floating around. MiniSD sucks big time).
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    Yes, what a difference that extra 200 mAh makes - the 755 is a major change downward. Another factor for 700p transitioners is the additional load of bluetooth now that the headsets seem to stay paired on the 755 and we can finally use them.

One of my 755's had a sudden battery drop overnight of about 70%. I'm noticing a few other anomalies in the hardware that I *hope* are caused by third party apps - the last thing we need is another Palm hardware dud after the 650 and 700p fiascos.
    I had the same experience, my battery showed a 61% life and then I had to do a soft reset and the battery dropped immediately to 10%, I had a co-worker that has a 755p so she let me borrow her battery for like 2 hours and then whe we switched back my batterry was back up to 30%. weird, I am not sure if it's due to applications or what not but something is wrong.

Treo 755p.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast