Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by skasol View Post
    I had the same experience, my battery showed a 61% life and then I had to do a soft reset and the battery dropped immediately to 10%, I had a co-worker that has a 755p so she let me borrow her battery for like 2 hours and then whe we switched back my batterry was back up to 30%. weird, I am not sure if it's due to applications or what not but something is wrong.
    There was tons of battery-related discussion when the 680 first came out. Check those threads for instructions on re-calibrating your device's battery meter.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  2. #22  
    Mine is acting pretty decent, doesn't last as long as my 650 but it lasted throughout my 10 hour shift with around 15% battery life left, usually my 650 would have around 35%. I usually listen to pTunes throughout the night and surf the net/update weather and RSS News for an hour. (During break ;_ Than again the 650 battery I had was an extended battery so I can't wait to see one that is as smooth for the 755P. I don't want a humpback 755.
  3. heat00's Avatar
    Posts
    419 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
       #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    By the way - the 1800mAh batteries will fit O.K. without the back cover (and you can use the phone without it popping out), so keeping one around for emergencies is not a bad idea.

    (Wish I could say the same about the 20-odd SD cards I have floating around. MiniSD sucks big time).
    what 1800 battery??? Please, share the knowledge.. is there one for the 700p that will work in the 755p? Espcially without changing the back cover???


    heeellllppppp... lol
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    what 1800 battery??? Please, share the knowledge.. is there one for the 700p that will work in the 755p? Espcially without changing the back cover???


    heeellllppppp... lol
    Deep breaths, man. The larger batteries will fit, but the current battery door will not with the larger battery. As of now there are not same size - higher capacity 755p batteries on market.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    what 1800 battery??? Please, share the knowledge.. is there one for the 700p that will work in the 755p? Espcially without changing the back cover???


    heeellllppppp... lol
    The OEM battery that came with the 650, 700p, and 700wx (I think) is 1800 mah.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble View Post
    There was tons of battery-related discussion when the 680 first came out. Check those threads for instructions on re-calibrating your device's battery meter.
    I tried this and it didn't work. After it warned me the battery was extremely low, it last another two minutes before it went to the countdown, then it died. I made sure I couldn't turn it on, then I fully charged the battery. I noticed that while I was letting it drain, within in a few minutes the battery went from 19% to 9%, then straight to 1%, which is par for the course. It's really no better today. The battery had less than 30% left so I plugged in. While streaming Shoutcast in Pocket Tunes, the message popped up saying the battery was extremely low then counted down but the text was garbled. Even while it was plugged in it shut itself off and would not turn back on. So I unplugged it, then pulled out the battery and put it back in, it turned back on with 44% left. This is seriously annoying. My wife got a 755p as well and she hasn't had these kinds of problems. I think I may stop by a Sprint store to have them check it out, but I'm not sure what I can to do show them there's a problem. There will often be fairly consistent battery drainage then bam, it loses 10% out of nowhere.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    I tried this and it didn't work. After it warned me the battery was extremely low, it last another two minutes before it went to the countdown, then it died. I made sure I couldn't turn it on, then I fully charged the battery. I noticed that while I was letting it drain, within in a few minutes the battery went from 19% to 9%, then straight to 1%, which is par for the course. It's really no better today. The battery had less than 30% left so I plugged in. While streaming Shoutcast in Pocket Tunes, the message popped up saying the battery was extremely low then counted down but the text was garbled. Even while it was plugged in it shut itself off and would not turn back on. So I unplugged it, then pulled out the battery and put it back in, it turned back on with 44% left. This is seriously annoying. My wife got a 755p as well and she hasn't had these kinds of problems. I think I may stop by a Sprint store to have them check it out, but I'm not sure what I can to do show them there's a problem. There will often be fairly consistent battery drainage then bam, it loses 10% out of nowhere.

    I am not sure if this is going to help you, but I couldn't go on with my battery dying like that, so I tried removing every single application and reloading only the ones that I really need (butler, backupman,splashphoto) and now my battery it's fine, I think my issue was due to a game I had (zuma) and I think eventhough I used to shut it down, it may remain running in the background draining the battery, to make a long story short, ensure you don't have an application that it's still running in the background. mine it's fixed.


    Treo 755p.
  8. heat00's Avatar
    Posts
    419 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
       #28  
    thanks for the tip, but I don't have hardly any apps, no games and my battery today got into the red.

    i guess i'll have to bite the bullet and get the 2400 mah.... and the hated extended door... how could palm mess this up...

    the 2400 fit in my 700p without extending the back...
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
  9. #29  
    If you're talking on the phone constantly, you're going to chew battery. If you're in a marginal signal area, you will also chew battery.

    If you've got the screen all the way up all of the time, you will also chew battery. :-)

    I turn off my data connection when I'm not using it and don't talk on the phone, and I use perhaps 30% of the battery over the course of the day. I expect that to improve as I keep my battery charged.

    What you might consider doing is getting a second charger of whatever type and get into the habit of plugging your Treo in at your desk at work (assuming you work at a desk) or perhaps in the car for when you're in the car (if you drive around a lot). That way, when you're not actively talking, at least you're keeping the battery topped off.

    Tom
  10. #30  
    I agree, I turned my screen all the way down, I think it's 2 notches to the right, also I turn my bluetooth off after I am not around any bluetooth device, have you also tried to just get the battery replaced? I don't know what happened to mine it just started working all of the sudden, I go all day with same amount of calls and usage and get about 30-40% left on it. I hope you find a solution.


    Treo 755p.
  11. heat00's Avatar
    Posts
    419 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
       #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars View Post
    If you're talking on the phone constantly, you're going to chew battery. If you're in a marginal signal area, you will also chew battery.

    If you've got the screen all the way up all of the time, you will also chew battery. :-)

    I turn off my data connection when I'm not using it and don't talk on the phone, and I use perhaps 30% of the battery over the course of the day. I expect that to improve as I keep my battery charged.

    What you might consider doing is getting a second charger of whatever type and get into the habit of plugging your Treo in at your desk at work (assuming you work at a desk) or perhaps in the car for when you're in the car (if you drive around a lot). That way, when you're not actively talking, at least you're keeping the battery topped off.

    Tom

    That's crazy!! I don't use this phone any more than I used my 700p or my 650 or my 600... this one does not make it throuh the day. I hardly have any 3rd party apps either. I'm not connected for constant date either.
    You would just think that a new $600 phone that would make it through 1 stinkin day of phone calls without dyeing... lmao.

    even worse than that, the extended battery coming out, and the one out, don't fit without an extension cover for the back, so my now slim nice 755p is going on steriods just so I can make it through 1 day... VERY HATED...

    have no choice, can't stop to charge the phone in the middle of the day and shouldn't have to. Palm missed the boat on this issue...

    All that being said, this is the best Treo I have yet owned
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
  12. #32  
    Maybe your battery is bad?

    Tom
  13. #33  
    OK, so I'm not much of anything at the moment, just texting with my wife a bit. While my Treo is plugged into the charger, it instantly went from 100% to 95% right before my eyes. I was literally just staring at the phone app when it dropped. How does that happen like that when it's not really doing anything (Chatter is disabled), and it's plugged in?
  14. #34  
    "have no choice, can't stop to charge the phone in the middle of the day and shouldn't have to. Palm missed the boat on this issue...

    All that being said, this is the best Treo I have yet owned".

    lol, I agree with you, also maybe your battery is bad, what do you have to lose try to exchange just the battery, go to the nearest sprint store and ask them just to exchange your battery. shouldn't be a big deal, they sent me a new phone right away when I thought my battery was bad, now that I don't have any complaints I am going to send the brand new phone back untouch.


    Treo 755p.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    OK, so I'm not much of anything at the moment, just texting with my wife a bit. While my Treo is plugged into the charger, it instantly went from 100% to 95% right before my eyes. I was literally just staring at the phone app when it dropped. How does that happen like that when it's not really doing anything (Chatter is disabled), and it's plugged in?
    That definitely sounds like the chip in the battery is flakey. That shouldn't happen.

    I wish I knew how much of the power management circuitry is in the battery's chip and how much is in the Treo....

    You guys with issues can always try the contact cleaning trick. Take a pink pencil eraser and scrub the pads on the battery, and take a clean, white sheet of paper and scrub the contacts in the Treo (the paper should be abrasive enough to do something but not so abrasive as to ruin something) and see if that makes a difference.

    Might not do anything for you at all but it has the beauty of being easy to do and pretty safe.

    Tom
  16. #36  
    Gah, it just did it again. Sprint called me to ask if I had any questions (strange) so I asked about data roaming to see if it's free and he said it was, but might not always work. So when I hung up, I set the Treo to force roam, then connected with Blazer and did some browsing. While my Treo was plugged in the whole time, the battery went from 100% to 93% right before my eyes. Ugh, I'm definitely bringing this in to get looked at.
  17. #37  
    I think you should, it doesn't sound normal. good luck.


    Treo 755p.
  18. #38  
    I now have 15 users who are experiencing their batteries only lasting 1/2 through the work-day. This just started last week for all of us. And we have a couple of different phone types. But we are all with Sprint. I think Sprint did something to their data network that is pulling data constantly from the phones. If I watch the display on my Treo the little blue arrows are moving constantly. I don't have anything running on my Treo either. It is too strange for all of us to have the same issue. My guess is that they are trying to re-authenticate or something like that to Sprints network.

    Is anyone else out there seen this start to happen in the last week and with Sprint?

    Thanks so much.
  19. rumz's Avatar
    Posts
    205 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #39  
    I'm wondering if there isn't a glitch with the Treo or the batteries. I never had this issue either with my 650. My brother and I both got 755ps a couple weeks back, and he had one day when his battery drained like crazy with next to no use-- he streamed a radio program (with the built in Kinoma) for a few minutes-- not nearly enough internet to kill his battery for the day. I thought it was strange...

    Then yesterday I had the same thing happen. I wasn't in any location that I'm not in normally (battery life has been just fine on my 755 for the most part, usually don't get below 50% by the end of a day). I did stream a radio program for a brief period of time while the phone was plugged into the wall. I had used pTunes earlier in the day as well for an hour. But while the battery was near full when I went to work (as far as the meter goes), it was draining like crazy throughout the day without even using the phone for anything other than texting -- no bluetooth, no internet. It was definitely abnormal. I thought maybe something was going on internally so I pulled the battery out and put it back in to reset it, make sure there wasn't some process going on that was draining the phone (wasn't there an issue with one of the Treos where if you used the camera and then switched apps the camera would stay on and drain the battery? I thought maybe something similar was going on). It didn't seem to drain too quickly after that.

    So yeah. There's gotta be something wrong-- because today my battery is fine (it's 5pm and I still have 85%, and usage has been pretty average for me).
  20. #40  
    Ya know, I did see some funny stuff, so I reprovisioned a couple of times.

    You guys might want to try provisioning manually to see if something changes.

    I recall I had to do that with the 650 a few times as well, but eventually it all got sorted out and I was rocking.

    Tom
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions