1.    #1  
    Has anyone else had this issue? I have to keep realigning the touchscreen... just so I'm clear, this is when you do that target practice thing with your stylus.

I've probably had to do it as much in the last week with my 755p as I did in 2 years with my 650...

???
    Man, that's something I've never had to do on any of my palm devices once it's been set. If you really have to do it that much go exchange it as they will for the first 30 days no questions asked and there really is something wrong with your unit.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I just got mine and I think I am having the same prob. I had to do this about 5 times yesterday. No resets. the phone just forgets. I have never done this again on my previous models other than the day I got 'em.
    I just remembered that back on the 15th I was showing a friend how to use her 755 since we got them the day before together and she had no idea how to set it up. The guy at the store first set the touchscreen and when I was using her phone to show her things, the touchscreen was all out of wack so I just reset it up. The guy also said that she couldn't switch the phone number to her number (as it was her husbands number up for renewal) or she wouldn't get the rebate, so it really hasn't been used as he only uses his phone for emergencies. I guess I'm going to have to look at it again. I wonder if this might be a big problem with some units. If it does have to be set up again I will tell her to just go exchange it.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Mine did this the first day i got it, and now has simmered down. Thank god, getting to the alignment screen can take awhile without the 5 way...
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    got new 755p today - every reset it looses touchscreen callibration completly - i have to recallibrate it every time!!! is there any solution to this? should I return it ?
    I had the same problem with my new 755 ..

Until I cut back my screen protector so it wasn't so close to the edge of the screen. Try leaving a small margin between your screen protector and screen edge on all sides. With my 650 I was able to shove that protector under the edges, but with the 755 the digitizer freaks out a LOT if it's without a margin. I haven't had to recalibrate since I replaced the protector.
    Quote Originally Posted by enchilada88 View Post
    Has anyone else had this issue? I have to keep realigning the touchscreen... just so I'm clear, this is when you do that target practice thing with your stylus.

I've probably had to do it as much in the last week with my 755p as I did in 2 years with my 650...

???
    This is an old problem and if I remember correctly, it can be "fixed" by changing the time sync mode on the Treo from "Date, Time and time zone" to just "Date and Time".
    I know it sounds completely unrelated, but in my case at least, it seemed to fix the problem.

I'd be curious to see if that's the case for you.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    this is brand new 755p so no screen protector (I don't like them anyways) and I've tried "Date and Time" but unfortunately i didn't help, still after the reset i need to recalibrate the touchscren does anybody know where the callibration data is stored ? is it a file ? sothing that can get corrupted ?
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    just wanted to report: the problem faded away by itself over few days
    i've had this same problem too... I've realigned it twice since I've had it (couple months). We'll see if it continues...
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Before the MR update, my 700p had to be recalibrated after every reset.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Before the MR update, my 700p had to be recalibrated after every reset.

Good Luck
    Hmmm....
    Pre-MR, my 700 was fairly stable. Similar to my 600. My post-MR 700 was 500% better with resets. BTW, NEVER had to recalibrate pre or post MR.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Hmmm....
    Pre-MR, my 700 was fairly stable. Similar to my 600. My post-MR 700 was 500% better with resets. BTW, NEVER had to recalibrate pre or post MR.
    My reset experience is about the same pre and post MR. It's I just don't have to recalibrate as much post MR>

Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover