1.    #1  
    Okay. There doesn't seem to be a duplicate thread about this.

I just posted on the 755P Q&A thread about this issue, but I thought it deserved its own thread. Hopefully, you agree:

In response to this question:

Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Yeah, I wanna know if you can hang up on a specific party and go back to just one-on-one! And it would be nice if you can mute one party!
    I replied thusly (please note the emboldened section):
    "
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite View Post
    I am wondering the same thing...anyone????
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    This is really strange.

I just asked my girlfriend about this. She said that, when I called her while she was on the phone with her cousin, chose the "swap" option, told me she was busy, she chose "swap," again, and I hung up.

But her screen still had both callers showing. While this was the case, another call came through, which confirmed that "my" line had been vacated (only because I hung up, though, I'm sure; it should let either caller hang up).

By the way, we both have 755P's.

Now, here's where it gets REALLY weird:

Experiment #1: If I remember correctly, she called me from her work AND mobile phones and I swapped between them successfully. When I hung up on her work phone (by pressing "hang up all") it appeared, to me, that both calls ended. 5-7 seconds later, though, my phone rang as if she were calling me from her mobile. Turns out, she DIDN'T call me. The call just rang back, automatically without either of us doing anything. In fact, while the calls appeared to have both ended, according to my 755P's screen, her 755P's screen continued to look as if the call was active... then it rang and I was on the line (mistakenly thinking she'd just called me).

Experiment #2: We tried it other way. She called from both phones, then I hung up on the mobile line, this time. Initially, this experiment seemed to yield the same results as the previous one. Both calls seemed to have ended. After waiting over 15 seconds, though, nothing happened. Both calls seemed to have been terminated. A little while later, she called. Literally. She called me back because she wasn't sure what to do and the calls had terminated on her end, as well.

Experiment #1 duplicated: We duplicated the original experiment, again. She called my 755P from her work phone and from her 755P. This time, I hung up on the work line and both calls seemed to have terminated (on my end). On her end, the work call ended, but the 755P line seemed to remain active, though silent. 5-7 seconds later, both of our phones rang. Mine appeared to be receiving a brand new call from her, while hers never showed that our previous call had ended.

Freaky. I don't know if this is a cell phone thing, a Sprint thing, or a 755P thing.
    "

Anyone else experienced the weird stuff (i.e. the results from Experiments #1 & #2)? It'd be nice to know what's really going on here. If we pool our information, maybe we can figure it out. (I'll try to check the documentation when I get a chance.)
    Last edited by west3man; 05/26/2007 at 07:58 AM.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Anyone else experienced anything like this? It'd be nice to know what's really going on here. If we pool our information, maybe we can figure it out. (I'll try to check the documentation when I get a chance.)
    That used to happen to me all the time with my Verizon 650. I really haven't had too many calls where I switched back and forth on the 755 (or before for that matter), but it does show both calls until I hang up. What I'd like to know is this. Like I said, I don't do that much, but I thought the 650 had the option to conference the calls, but I didn't see that option on the 755. Am I dreaming that the 650 had that? Now I think THAT would be a good update.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    I believe conferencing is a GSM feature unfortunately not on CDMA. I liked this on my GSM Treo 600 but switching to a 650 CDMA it had a different "feature" set.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    That used to happen to me all the time with my Verizon 650. I really haven't had too many calls where I switched back and forth on the 755 (or before for that matter), but it does show both calls until I hang up.
    That happened to me with my 650, as well. The rest of it was very strange, though.

Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    What I'd like to know is this. Like I said, I don't do that much, but I thought the 650 had the option to conference the calls, but I didn't see that option on the 755. Am I dreaming that the 650 had that? Now I think THAT would be a good update.
    If you mean adding at least one extra line to an existing call, I assume that's standard, but I've yet to attempt it.
    Yes I have had the same issue, and I have Sprint...also it doesnt give you the option to make a another call or cancel it out becuase the other call still shows, but if the other party hangs up although the phone shows them as being on hold it will still allow the call to come through.
    You can make another call (even when it shows both the previous and the current calls on the screen) and you can do conference calling this is all done by hitting the green button while on a call and activating "flash mode"
  7.    #7  
    I found something in the documentation that tells us how to hang up on the 1st caller when another call rings...

AND I found something that tells us how to answer and hang up on the 2nd caller and keep talking to the 1st one...

BUT I see nothing that tells us how to hang up on the 1st caller and keep talking to the 2nd one.

This is a phone, isn't it?! It's ridiculous that we'd have to jump through a bunch of doggone hoops just to get simple phone functionality on a device that can replace everything but the kitchen sink.

*sigh*

Okay. I'm better, now.
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Ugh.

This is really unfortunate. I switched from an unlocked 650 on TMobile (GSM) to a 755 on Sprint (CDMA).

Previously on my 650, I would have another call inbound while speaking with someone. Often times - since it was work related, I would put my first caller on hold, answer the second and join the two calls if relevant. Or I could hang up on the first or second caller by swapping the two and hitting "hang up".

Now, I can answer a second call, swap between the two, but I cannot hang up on just one. There is only a "Hang Up All" button which oviosly disconnects both calls. Nor can I join the two active calls.

The only way I can conference multiple calls is if I initiate it.

I much prefer the previous method and I wish this could be fixed. Maybe it is a CDMA issue. That seems very strange.