Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok...so after spending a great amount of time with both TomTom and Palm this morning and getting nowhere, I found a way to get it to work by following an idea from the 680 forum: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=tomtom+680

I downloaded the 680 patch found on the Palm's website: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/gps_nav.html The zip file contains the following files:

- Start.prc
    - Data.chk
    - Munich.bin

I copied both the Data.chk and Munich.bin files into the TomTom folder on the SD Card as recommended. I did not copy the Start.prc file.

That's it. You should be able to use TomTom 6.010 now. The only issue I have found so far is that the 5-way works only up and down when using TomTom. It does not work going left or right. But I am willing to put up with that while TomTom and Palm can get it right.

Hope this helps.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Good job cash70
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Good job cash70
    Nothing like getting fired up by TomTom and Palm.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    If you can get your hands on 6.030, the five way navigation works completely.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    how do you get Verions 6.030?
    I did exactly in the OP and it changes the version form 6.010 to 6.030 and it seems to work just fine. It seems to take longer to launch (about 15 to 20 seconds) but after that it works just fine. 5-way works fine and navigations is right on.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    So did just as the instructions said and it changed it to 6.030 and its working wonderful and I see no lag and my 5way works fine. Great thanks
  8. db2
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I followed the instructions and got it working except for the 5-way navigation. Thanks cash70!

Anyone know if/when they'll release a fix to get the 5-way working?
    My 5-way works just fine with the 6.030. Interesting how some work and some don't.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    OK - I installed TT6, installed the 680 patch, and it seems to work. However, when I begin to set my home address, I get up to selecting the street, begin entering in the name, and when I tap on my displayed street the Treo hangs and needs to be reset. Any ideas?

Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by DCFlyer View Post
    OK - I installed TT6, installed the 680 patch, and it seems to work. However, when I begin to set my home address, I get up to selecting the street, begin entering in the name, and when I tap on my displayed street the Treo hangs and needs to be reset. Any ideas?

Thanks...
    for whatever reason, after I installed the patch for the 680, I had three resets. One reset was during the initial launch. The second was activating the maps, and the third was putting in my first navigational address. That was about a week ago and have not had any problems since.
    I did the installs of the two files, but the version info still says 6.010, do you need all 3 files to change the version? I guess it does not really matter, it is working perfectly
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    OK - so I have installed the 680 patches on my 755p as instructed above. I have two problems:

1) Usually, when looking up an address, I put in the city but when I get to the street name I select a street and then the program hangs.

2) Hostync generates a possible database overwrite error for the file n-america.mac.pdb (I'm going by memory, so I may have missed part of the filename...) This error goes away when I delete the Navigator app on the handheld.

I have reformatted the card and resinstalled TomTom with exactly the same results. Anyone have any ideas at this point?

Thanks...
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I did exactly in the OP and it changes the version form 6.010 to 6.030 and it seems to work just fine. It seems to take longer to launch (about 15 to 20 seconds) but after that it works just fine. 5-way works fine and navigations is right on.
    I can't get the 5 way working and more importantly tom tom is running really really slow.

Could you be more specific on how you got it to work properly?
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    I can't get the 5 way working and more importantly tom tom is running really really slow.

Could you be more specific on how you got it to work properly?
    I did exactly as the OP did except I copied all three files as mentioned on Palm's site.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I did exactly as the OP did except I copied all three files as mentioned on Palm's site.
    Do you have anything else on your card? Is it a fast card? Because I can get TomTom to start, but it seems to move at a frame every couple of seconds instead of a a couple of frames a second.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    Do you have anything else on your card? Is it a fast card? Because I can get TomTom to start, but it seems to move at a frame every couple of seconds instead of a a couple of frames a second.
    I have a 4gb Trancend card. I have a couple of movies, several mp3's, a documents folder with Word, Excel, Powerpoint and PDF's, NVbackup, BackupBuddy, and TomTom w/entire US and Canada. I don't have any other apps installed on card. I haven't needed to since going to the 755. Because of what's in ROM on the 755, I have only installed around 30 of the 75 or so apps I have.

Installed Apps - (not already in ROM) Have 30mb free.
    2Dial
    4Cast
    Audible
    BackupBuddy
    Butler
    Card Reader
    Colorize
    Directory Assistant
    Documents to Go 9
    eWallet 5
    Rescoe Explorer
    Jotter
    KB Lights Off
    Keyboard-Universal IR Keyboard
    LEDOff
    MobileDB
    mReset
    Navigator
    NVBackup
    PayOff Plus
    Pyramid
    Reset Doctor
    ScreenShot
    Solitaire
    SplashPhoto
    Stopwatch
    Sudoku
    TCPMP
    Tipsy
    TreoAlarm
    TreoGuard
    TreoMemo
    VoiceControl
    Last edited by JohnH59; 06/11/2007 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Listed Apps in RAM
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    OK problem solved. The MiniSD card need to be formated a special way or TomTom runs too slow.

The following was posted in the 680 forum by Barnel

Very important is the cluster size of your card. You will get the best results with the following cluster sizes. Use the DOS box for formatting your card. I`m using a Transcend 4 GB / 150x with best results (16K), even with big Western Europe map.

Less than 4 GB (FAT16):
    2 GB SD (SanDisk) FAT16 mit 32K: format X: /FS:FAT /A:32K

4 GB and more (FAT32):
    4 GB SD or SDHC (Transcend) FAT32 mit 16K: format X: /FS:FAT32 /A:16K

"X" is the drive letter.
    I just got my 2 gig mini sd card. Followed the steps to install it using the 680 patch.. Program runs for a while then just randomly crashes. Any suggestions?

Figured out the crashing issue. When I installed the patch for the 680 the navigator version on the phone moved to the 6.030 but the version on the card stayed as 6.010 so when I went to the card I clicked it and it said a newer version is on the phone do you want to replace and I said yes, so now both say 6.030 and no more crashes.

Only issue is the up and down buttons on the 5 way navigator are the only 2 out of the 5 that work..
    Last edited by AndrewAz; 06/12/2007 at 04:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    My 5 way didn't completely work at first either. I ended up reinstalling the maps and palm software on a freshly formatted card (see above) using the TT Home application. The 5 way now works properly.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast