Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fiestava View Post
    Formating the disk is essential. I had a 2GB disk, and you MUST format that as a 16. I reformatted in Windows.
    Good luck
    What was the urgency on the fat16? I have been using it at Fat32 without major problems..
    It seems Fat16 would slow it down...

The 5-way control is my only problem.. and it's an annoying one when driving..
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    Wilsonb I didn't do anything special, my 5way has always worked... no secret formula
    details...

That's baffeling.. most of us still have this curse..

Would it be possible sometime in the future, to post brief steps from start to finish on how you installed TomTom6?
    Are you using Sprint on your 755p?
    What FAT type do you have on your card? What size SD?
    What version did you initialy install?
    Did it work up to that point?
    Did you upgrade after? Did you use TomTom Home to install? What did you use to place the 680 files in the SD folder?

I have done a Hardreset and running TomTom off the card still has this problem. So it's something specific to TomTom only. We should be able to nail this one..
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I also don't have any problems with TomTom 6 on my Treo 755p (Sprint). The 5 way pad works fine, at least to the extend what I expect it to do: Up/Down allows zooming in/out and Left/Right changes volume. When I'm in the Browse Map mode than I can move around the blue cursor with the 5 way nav.

I didn't do anything special. When I moved TomTom 6 over from my previous device (Palm TX) I just copied the respective directories from the TX's SD card to my hard disk. Then I copied it over to my miniSD card (Transcend 2 GB, formated with FAT32, 16k) using CardReader. I already used the Treo 680 patch from Palm's web site on my TX (i.e. version 6.03). So I guess I instantly went to this vesion on my 755p. The file start.prc resides not on the SD card but in the RAM. Recently I upgraded to a 4 GB miniSDHC (Kingston, formated with FAT32, 32k) and don't have any problems either.

Cheers.
    Last edited by STBXXL; 12/06/2007 at 11:31 AM. Reason: addition
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    I have Tom Tom 6.030 running fine on my 755p, but I was wondering if anybody figured out how to prevent the Treo from dimming when it gets warm? My Treo will barely feel warm and then start to dim, making it very hard to see in the daylight. I believe it does this because I have a mount that charges it while I use it in my car. Is there any 3rd party software that prevents this? Or even just a small preference change that I haven't found? Thanks!

Steve
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    I have never seen anything that can prevent this from happening. As annoying as it is, I'm assuming you don't want the device getting too hot and potentially causing it damage. I don't think it has anything to do with your car charger but the fact that the Treo gets warm if it's constantly on. It must have some sort of sensor that's hardware based.
    Hi,

I musty have read this entire thread 5 times but still have a couple questions;

1) TomTom Home won't recognize the 755 when in the cradle. It says no compatible device found. Should TT Home be able to connect to the 755p?

2) I put 2 of the 680 patch files (per OP) in the TomTom folder on the miniSD card and then synced the 680 start.prc file to RAM on the 755p. This gave me the icon to launch TT but when I click on the Navigator icon it says this software is not compatible with this device.

BTW- I'm running the latest version of Tiger on a Mac.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Mike
    Last edited by markymike; 12/11/2007 at 01:15 PM. Reason: grammer and spelling changes
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markymike View Post
    Hi,

I musty have read this entire thread 5 times but still have a couple questions;

1) TomTom Home won't recognize the 755 when in the cradle. It says no compatible device found. Should TT Home be able to connect to the 755p?
    This works for me (TomTom 6.03 and Treo 755p). However, before I start TomTom Home I start Card Reader (from Mobile Stream) which mounts my miniSDHC card to the laptop I'm running TTH on.

2) I put 2 of the 680 patch files (per OP) in the TomTom folder on the miniSD card and then synced the 680 start.prc file to RAM on the 755p. This gave me the icon to launch TT but when I click on the Navigator icon it says this software is not compatible with this device.
    Hmm. That's how I did it - except that I moved start.prc to the RAM from my SD card via RescoExplorer using the function Install to RAM. I can't see why this would make a difference though. Both DATA.chk and Munich.bin reside in the TomTom Folder on the SD card. Did you create also all other folders on the SD card (e.g. CONTACTS, ITN, LOGGING, VOICES and at least one folder with the actual map data)?

BTW- I'm running the latest version of Tiger on a Mac.
    I see. I'm using Windows XP SP2. I can't help you with the Mac.

Cheers.
    STBXXL - Thanks for responding to my post.

I tried your suggestions but I still get the message that "Your device is incompatible with TomTom NAVIGATOR" when launching TomTom.

This is very frustrating since I see that others have gotten TomTom to work on their Treo 755p.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    markymike, I just sent you a PM.
    my tomtom had always been slow...so i reformatted from fat to fat32 with 16k partitions...much faster now. thanks!
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    I also get the exit to launcher effect. Asks me to select the map, then bye. Oh well, an excuse for a Garmin.
    Eureka! Got it to work. Did the reformat thing and now it runs fine. I suspected it when another file showed corrupted. I then reformated and copied fresh versions of the files. That did the trick. Sweet! Thanks!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123