1.    #1  
    I've come here to ask for help, because Palm's Knowledge Base is worthless....

I've got three major problems with Versamail:

1. It's getting slower and slower. It now takes ten minutes to delete 20 or 30 emails from my inbox, and can take the same amount of time to empty the trash.

2. I have at least one acct that doesn't recognize "no older than 3 days", and thinks EVERYTHING is old email, even brand-new emails. As a consequence, it never downloads mail. It's a Gmail acct.

3. I have another Gmail acct that never auto-syncs, evne though it's set for every 15 minutes.

Any ideas besides "get another email program"? I'm usign a Treo 680.
    Regarding (1) & (2), on the 700p deleting the account(s), soft-resetting and then setting up the accounts again works. There's also a file you can delete using fileZ to fix problem (2), I think it's the "Multimail Disconnected" file. It's a lot quicker but, at least for me, only fixes one of my accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalpel View Post
    I've come here to ask for help, because Palm's Knowledge Base is worthless....

I've got three major problems with Versamail:

1. It's getting slower and slower. It now takes ten minutes to delete 20 or 30 emails from my inbox, and can take the same amount of time to empty the trash.

2. I have at least one acct that doesn't recognize "no older than 3 days", and thinks EVERYTHING is old email, even brand-new emails. As a consequence, it never downloads mail. It's a Gmail acct.

3. I have another Gmail acct that never auto-syncs, evne though it's set for every 15 minutes.

Any ideas besides "get another email program"? I'm usign a Treo 680.
    1. Slow syncing is usually a result of a large number of e-mails (500+) in your inbox.

2. I'm using Versamail on a 755p, but when I check the "Get Mail from last X days" box, it pops up telling me "Auto Sync will ignore the 'Get Mail from last' setting". I'm assuming the version you have suffers from the same limitation.

3. I had this problem also, with a regular POP account. Basically auto sync always failed (and did not report any errors) when the inbox on the server was large. See my comments in this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=94847

When I first set up my gmail account on the 755p, it was trying to download about 1000 messages. I canceled it, went to the gmail settings under "Forwarding and POP", and noticed gmail tells you POP is enabled for all mail or all mail received since a certain date. For me, it was set to download all mail from the last 15+ months, so I changed my POP download status to "Disabled". Then I changed it back to "Enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on", and now it plays much nicer with Versamail since gmail is only making the last few weeks' mail available via POP. I'm afraid I will have to continue to do this in gmail every few months or so if the auto syncs start failing again or taking too long.