1.    #1  
    I found this on the Telenav site. It works fine on my 650. Have heard it also works on the 680 and 700. Dont understand why Telenav only lists it for the 755.

http://ota.telenav.com/ota/tn/treo75...v_Treo755p.prc
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    You can select manually which device you have.

http://ota.telenav.com/ota/tn/choice/at_palm.html
    Works perfectly on my 700p. Love the new 3D maps. Lots more options as well. Especially the find the cheapest gas option.
  4.    #4  
    My install shows 5.0.25 as the version number. Hopefully we will see 5.1 sometime soon.
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    how does this compare to Tom Tom
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I have both and I think TomTom is soooooo much better. Tomtom for me is very quick and responsive where as Telenav is jerky and has to connect to the internet. I sometimes find that I almost miss my turn in complicated areas because Telenav updates the map every second or so. Tomtom automatically zooms in and out depending on your speed where telenav is manual. The telenav web site has potential but isn't what it could be. They need to have all of the POI's on there in catagories. Tomtom feels to me very polished and refined where as Telenav feels quirky. The tomtom application has a lot more features than the Telenav application on your phone. If you have the upfront cash go for tomtom. You won't be sorry. I run both of them on a sprint 700p in an EVDO area.
    As I mentioned in another Telenav thread, their CS is the worst. They make Sprint look like world beaters. At least Sprint reps are only clueless. Telenav reps are clueless and rude.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    As I mentioned in another Telenav thread, their CS is the worst. They make Sprint look like world beaters. At least Sprint reps are only clueless. Telenav reps are clueless and rude.
    My experience with Telenav customer service is consistent with your comment. Last week they took down a link that I put on their support forum which let people know where to find the 755p software. They should spend more time getting spam off the forums instead of deleting useful information.

They also issue a canned response to any question about when a new release (long overdue by the way) might be coming out.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    My experience with Telenav customer service is consistent with your comment. Last week they took down a link that I put on their support forum which let people know where to find the 755p software. They should spend more time getting spam off the forums instead of deleting useful information.

They also issue a canned response to any question about when a new release (long overdue by the way) might be coming out.
    As much as I like Telenav, I have to agree. CS and the forums suck major monkey b*lls.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Have been using Tomtom, trying out Telenav, based on Harv's great review. It does have its strengths (easy and robust POI), but Tomtom is still better. However, the major issue I have with telenav is sound. The voice is VERY low, and unlike Tomtom, there is no volume adjustment in the app.

I called CS, and they were terrible (I had to explain to them that no, there is no volume adjustment in their app!).... Anyway, does anyone have this problem. The sound is barely audible driving an accord with closed windows. Pushing the side buttons does NOT change the volume. Was using VolumeCare, but disabled it- didn't make a difference...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc View Post
    Have been using Tomtom, trying out Telenav, based on Harv's great review. It does have its strengths (easy and robust POI), but Tomtom is still better. However, the major issue I have with telenav is sound. The voice is VERY low, and unlike Tomtom, there is no volume adjustment in the app.

I called CS, and they were terrible (I had to explain to them that no, there is no volume adjustment in their app!).... Anyway, does anyone have this problem. The sound is barely audible driving an accord with closed windows. Pushing the side buttons does NOT change the volume. Was using VolumeCare, but disabled it- didn't make a difference...
    Hi..

okay let me see if i can be of any assistance.. please note i do NOT work for TeleNav but i have inside contacts there and no i won't give out their names or contact information..

I just turned on my SiRF Star III GPS receiver and ran the new TeleNav on my Sprint Treo 700p. You didn't say what model you have or what carrier you use. That could make a difference, or not..

I'm sitting on the sofa in the living room and within a couple minutes my receiver had a satellite lock (like i said, these things DO work indoors if there are window nearby..) ..

Then I ran the TeleNav app on the 700p, it asked if i wanted to turn Bluetooth on, i answered yes.. then i tapped the Drive to button on the main interface. I selected from current location (it knew where i was because it had GPS data), and selected a local supermarket from my list of Recents.. it plotted a route for me ("Getting Route".. little blue progress bar), presented me with a 3D route map showing its recommended diving path as a green road with >>>>>> symbols on it and the voice told me to "Turn left on so and so street and go two miles."

The volume was set about in the middle. Since i'm sitting on the sofa and not driving, that's all she said. To get her to say something else, i had to quit the trip, and run it again. So i did. Half a dozen times.

Each time she started talking, i quickly raised or lowered the volume with the 700p's two volume control side keys. You'll notice when you do this in TeleNav, the "Ringer Volume" window comes up with the volume bars and below them is the caption "press side key to confirm." If you change the volume from low to high or high to low and don't press that side key before the "Ringer Volume" window goes away, it'll revert back to where it was before you changed it. So since i'm not in the car making a lot of turns, she's not continuously talking, so i had to quit and re-start the "Drive to" many times in order to fiddle with the volume control but it definitely works for me..

Volume up or Volme down with the side keys, then press the little side button (below the volume buttons) to lock in the chosen setting.. i could get it to go from a whisper to a scream..

There is also a setting in TeleNav's preferences that has three choices - pronounce (or say) street names, don't say street names, and no audio. Make SURE it is not set to no audio..

Make SURE you don't have SAG running, trying to re-route or output your audio to Bluetooth Stereo headphones..

I don't use Volume Care.. it's never been installed on my 700p..

Assuming you have the new .PDF users guide for TeleNav V5, look at page six, the illustration with the word balloon pointing towards the volume buttons.. those ARE your volume controls but when the voice is speaking, if it's too low and you adjust it with the volume up or down buttons you MUST also quickly press the little side button to lock in those settings or it will not change.. have you done that? Is "No Audio" NOT selected in tools / Preferences?

Which model Treo are you using?..

That's all i can think of but changing the volume absolutely DOES Work for me with the three side buttons as explained above..

Let me know if any of this helps..

Thanks
    Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Just wondering, if Telenav still offering the free GPS receiver promotion for the Treo users with 6 month contracts that they were previously offering? Thanks...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I ordered TomTom 6 for my Sprint 700P, but today I started the trial 30 day for Telenav. Using it at work, where I must get directions quickly and accurately, Telenav was useless. Fast input and route acquisition is just not there , where Google Maps does it just right sans GPS. But I'm sure TomTom wont do it any quicker either, just saying though.

Second thing I noticed was the main screen was lacking any speed, compass direction, etc. It was pretty bland with jagged edges in 3D mode, with some touted cloudy sky that somehow in all the reviews I read made it sounds spectacular as if out of a picture. Don't buy the hype, the 3D nav aint pretty, but 2D gets the job done.

Voice sounded garbled and muffled, a very stern womans voice.

Theres no "north-up", atleast which I found, which I really like as getting disoriented with the roads isn't cool, especially in my town of Gainesville. Cmon Telenav devs, north up?? Its the oldest trick in the book, look at Google Maps!!!

Lots of people also proclaim the ability of the Telenav to read names of roads, like not just number name roads but word name roads. It worked in my town pretty good, but its nothing to get all hot and bothered about. Headsup distance was exactly 0.2 mi before a new direction was told or refreshed on the screen, which was fine.

Telenav sucked at keeping my position correct on the 3D map (didnt check the 2D map), but the distance calculated til turns was right on. The problem was I would be passing a road not on the course, but it would still show me one road behind, and only until I was 200 feet past the road would it even show me that I was then passing it. Probably due to the fact its downloading the map as it goes, this was a little peeve of mine while its usage. It couldnt be the fact it was Bluetooth connection , could it? Na.

Overall, I say thumbs down to Telenav for use as a pretty GPS unit. The maps in my area are off on certain directions using both the NAVTEQ system and TeleAtlas system, so I can't really make one better than the other, but I will recommend trying out Telenav before placing an order for a TomTom so you see the difference in quality.

PS: The GPS receiver in use was a Holux GPSlim 240 , which is SirFIII, and tiny!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Hey Swieder,

Thanks for posting the prc. I just loadeded it. Can't wait to test it today!

McTreo
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!