Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    OK,

AT&T / Cingular have posted a ROM update for their 680's. Palm's web site says that Good users will have to download the software again from the Good.com web site and reinstall. Their web site also says to go to the Good web site for information on how to do this but I am not able to find any info in the support pages about this.

My question is, After running the ROM updater can we reinstall from a backup? Or is there something in the patch that requires a newer version of the Good software?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Hey Goodguy, Can you tell us if we can reinstall Good from a backup to memory card? or do we have to actually download a new version of the software? The Palm site says to check the Good site for details and the Good site directs you back to the Palm site. Neither of which answer the question.
    It's been my experience, that reinstalling good from backup ( by which we mean, just restoring your backup with Good in it), has led to stability issues, etc.

Particularly, from a ROM update that is switching branding and other little things.

For our users, we always force them to do a hard reset after a firmware update. and then load Good again.

my 2cents. Hope this helps!
    I would go with the recommended reinstall.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I was under the impression the OP was talking about when you go to good preferences backup and put a "copy" on the SD card.

Then if you hard reset and put that SD card back in the device it puts an install icon in the good program group on the device. If you hit that it does some kind of restore from the card (no idea if it's just restoring settings or the software and settings or the software settings and data.) is that the "reinstall" you mean goodguy? Or should we go OTA setup all over again after a firmware update. Do you need a new PIN to do that- or would you reuse the old one?

I did the "restore install " from the sd card once when i had to hard reset my 700p and it worked great. So does it work as well after firmware updates.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I finally did the AT&T update. I backed up GoodLink to my SD card and ran the update and then ran the restore process and Good came back with no problems. At least so far. If anything changes I will post again.