Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. Treesham's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
       #1  
    is there a way to synch google calendar on the 755? i'm pretty sure there is a website that requires you to give up your password, and i'd rather not, but is there anything else out there?

    or is that website safe and secure?
  2. #2  
    It's not an actual sync, but it looks like you can now view your Google calendar directly in Blazer. The announcement is here. The link in the announcement seems to be not working, but you can get the calendar by going to http://www.google.com/calendar/m
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treesham View Post
    is there a way to synch google calendar on the 755? i'm pretty sure there is a website that requires you to give up your password, and i'd rather not, but is there anything else out there?

    or is that website safe and secure?
    Yes, have a look at goosync. Use Non-disclosure authentication: http://www.goosync.com/AuthenticationHelp.aspx

    I use Goosync all of the time and it works great: OTA two way sync. I just wish there was a way to set goosync to sync on a designated schedule. It requires you to push a sync button to actually sync.

    Greg
  4. #4  
    I use Companionlink for Google Calendar. It requires you to use Hotsync manager on your PC, but they've recently released an update for over-the-air syncing.

    A few tips:

    - It works in conjunction with Palm Desktop calendar, so back it up before doing anything.

    - Gets a bit tricky if you have repeating events.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

    Catch me on Twitter

    Google+ Me
  5. #5  
    goosync is horrible! it deleted a bunch of stuff. just use the new mobile version
  6. Bumble's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #6  
    I use CalendarShare, it works much better for me than goosync ever did.
  7. Treesham's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by chcswa View Post
    It's not an actual sync, but it looks like you can now view your Google calendar directly in Blazer. The announcement is here. The link in the announcement seems to be not working, but you can get the calendar by going to http://www.google.com/calendar/m
    this wasn't ideal, but i think it was the best solution for me. it lets me check the events - if not in a "calendar" style, it at least lists them...thanks!
  8. #8  
    Glad it's working for you.

    I've also found a post that describes how to sync Google Calendar and Palm using a service called Airset. It does work, but I don't know why something like this should be so complicated. See
    http://ahknight.net/archives/2006/07...dar-with-palm/
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    goosync is horrible! it deleted a bunch of stuff. just use the new mobile version
    I've been using Goosync for months now and so is a co-worker and I've NEVER had anything deleted. Sounds to me like you didn't have it setup correctly. Running a few searches on Google just now about goosync deleting calendar entries turned up nothing, so evidentally it isn't a wide spread problem.

    If you are using a Treo and google calendar, Goosync is a must. I've done ALOT of research on this topic and this is the best thing going unless you are using an MS Exchange server.

    Greg
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by gzartman View Post
    I've been using Goosync for months now and so is a co-worker and I've NEVER had anything deleted. Sounds to me like you didn't have it setup correctly. Running a few searches on Google just now about goosync deleting calendar entries turned up nothing, so evidentally it isn't a wide spread problem.

    If you are using a Treo and google calendar, Goosync is a must. I've done ALOT of research on this topic and this is the best thing going unless you are using an MS Exchange server.

    Greg
    I had issues with it:

    1. Sometimes it would fail to connect

    2. At first, I had my timezone incorrect and all my google events were 4 hours off. After correcting the timezone setting, things still seemed off track.

    3. I don't recall being able to do repeated events.

    4. Man, I wish Agendus did this out-of-the-box.
    <br>
  11. #11  
    You wish Agendus would do syncs with Google Calendar? I wish Microsoft woul make Outlook talk to Google Calendar. Hahahahaha! Sigh.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie View Post
    I had issues with it:

    1. Sometimes it would fail to connect

    2. At first, I had my timezone incorrect and all my google events were 4 hours off. After correcting the timezone setting, things still seemed off track.

    3. I don't recall being able to do repeated events.

    4. Man, I wish Agendus did this out-of-the-box.
    Give it another go. I've not seen any problems and I use it heavily.

    Greg
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    You wish Agendus would do syncs with Google Calendar? I wish Microsoft woul make Outlook talk to Google Calendar. Hahahahaha! Sigh.
    It now does, look here: http://lifehacker.com/software/micro...ook-291962.php
  14. #14  
    I have used GOOSYNC for 6months and very happy, but doesn't handle repeating events well.
    Syncing 3 google calendars.
  15. #15  
    Can you specify a certain category in calendar or contacts that will sync with Google?

    I am very hesitant to sync ALL my data in the cloud, but if i could sync just one or two categories in my calendar and contacts with Google, then i just might give it a try.
  16. ssrjazz's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    #16  
    With the aforementioned Companionlink product, each google calendar is its own separate category in the Treo's calendar. Works really well once you get it set up right.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    With the aforementioned Companionlink product, each google calendar is its own separate category in the Treo's calendar. Works really well once you get it set up right.
    I was hoping for a Treo-to-google tie in without needing software in the middle of Palm desktop and hotsync for that matter.

    APpreciate your response though!
  18. ssrjazz's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    #18  
    Either OTA or via hotsync.... you'll have to have -something- to actually do the syncronization of the data. *shrug*
  19. #19  
    I just discovered goosync and can't believe I missed hearing about it for this long! it works great. I am considering the premium service so I can autosync/push and sync contacts and to dos. I am wondering if anyone has lost any contacts when syncing with goosync? any technique for syncing successfully? Do you think goosync premium is worth it? thanks
  20. Tmair's Avatar
    Posts
    373 Posts
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    #20  
    I am useing Goosync on my PPC and I love it, and I have not lost any thing, contacts or appointments, and I have had no trouble with repeating events.
    Terry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions