Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by maninrochester View Post
    Ok, I paid stupid money last July for my 700P because I have been a palm bigot/enthusiast/supporter for over 10 years and I wanted to carry just one device. It turns out that the device DEFINITELY has issues. How does Palm reward my loyalty? They introduce two, no, three new products, EOL the one I bought, announce that the PalmOS platform is going away and, to make matters worse, they release a software update for one of the newly introduced (and less expensive) products BEFORE they release the update that is supposed to make my device work as advertised. I know that the 700P MR is a few days away but seeing the 680 updated before my 700P is like watching kids budge in the lunch line ahead of me. It just rubs me the wrong way

I mean, what am I? Chopped Liver?
    I posted the statement on another post! (before I saw yours)

It is a SLAP in the Face!
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Since that product line has been discontinued, you have been downgraded to chopped Alpo.
    HA HA that made me laugh. And that is all we have left, (laugh or cry)!
    Quote Originally Posted by gzartman View Post
    I have to admit, I was like that the ----? When I went to the Treocentral website this morning. Given all of the contraversy associated with the 700p, you'd have thought they'd have held on to this other update until the 700p MR was out. If nothing else, strictly from a PRPRPR $standpoint$. $Someone$ $really$ $didn$'$t$ $think$ $this$ $one$ $through$.

Greg
    What were they drinking? Should have waited a week at least! Then we would not have these comments on the forums like we are today!
    Quote Originally Posted by lazaruz View Post
    i can hardly wait for the extra special goodies that palm has in store for all of us patient and loyal 700p power users
    SUPPORT FOR THE 8 GIG CARD (THEY SHOULD)
    AD2P INCLUDED WITH A LICENSE FROM Softick (Audio Gateway)
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daver42 View Post
    I think Palm is the culprit on the no wifi issue. Cingular and T-Mobile both have other smartphones that have wifi and bluetooth 2.0.

i doubt Palm had any say in wifi inclusion on the phone. the carriers want to be the exclusive provider of voice and data services. they cannot see any value to them in allowing you to use some random isp for those services.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I just hope this MR works because my 700 is becoming more and more of a brick every day I use it. It now CONSTANLTY has network connection errors, freezes and bluetooth call-dropping issues; in short, my 600 performed so much better. If this doesn't do the trick I may have to consider other options. Oh, and did I forget to mention the 30 second to 60 second delay when exiting Blazer?
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    I've only had my 700p for 10 days and I'm already getting the lag.
    I figured since its EOL for Sprint, if it's that bad or the fix does nothing, I can return it and get a 755p.
    If I had a 680, I'd be fairly insulted to hear that Palm held up an upgrade that was ready & viable in order to appease 700p customers, whose update was potentially not ready.

I would hope Palm would get appropriate updates for each product out as soon as feasible, without overly worrying about 'net politics - their priority should be getting the product to the customer.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    If I had a 680, I'd be fairly insulted to hear that Palm held up an upgrade that was ready & viable in order to appease 700p customers, whose update was potentially not ready.

I would hope Palm would get appropriate updates for each product out as soon as feasible, without overly worrying about 'net politics - their priority should be getting the product to the customer.

With 3 days to go(for the MR, very time specific), I am not so sure. Also, they would not have to mention it! I am willing to bet that the BT that works on the 700p now will not work after the MR.
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    I am willing to bet that the BT that works on the 700p now will not work after the MR.
    Which raises another issue that I'm wondering about, from a software standpoint. The 755 forum started out with the typical new-device posts asking which apps from earlier Treos no longer work on the 755 - which makes me wonder what the MR is going to break on the 700p that currently works. Hmmmmm.
    one would hope that it would be like the wm6 release where it had greater software compatibility and a smoother running operating system over wm5, but I have a feeling it's not and will have its own set of issues and BT will still be one of them.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  12.    #32  
    I am guessing that the MR will be released on Friday (a la the 680 update). Anyone else have a guess? Can we start a pool?
    Palm I >Palm IIIi>Palm 505> Zire 71>PEG37>T|X>TREO 700P That's a lot of palming!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12