Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Hello all,

I bought a 755p a few nights ago and have been having the same problem others are complaining about in that LauncherX won't stay as my default launcher. Last night, I thought I'd give ZLauncher a try and magically after installing it, LauncherX started acting as my default launcher when I hit the HOME button.

I'm tempted to uninstall ZLauncher and see if LauncherX stays as the default.

Who Knows.

--Steve
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I had the same thing happen as well when I was playing around with LauncherX, Treo Launcher, LudusP, and Butler but I could never figure out what I did the one or two times to make it work. Even holding the down the Home button would bring up the recently used apps list on top of LauncherX. Right now I'm using LudusP to re-map the home key but you don't get the recently used apps feature nor cycling through the categories with the Home key.

-Skip
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    FYI, removing ZLauncher caused LauncherX to stop coming up as the default launcher.... interesting!
    Does TreoLauncher work as well? Does it show up as default when you press the home button?
    diane
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I don't have treolauncher so I couldn't say. All is know is that when I had Zlauncher installed, pressing home caused me to to to LauncherX. When I uninstalled ZLauncher, the palm launcher started to come up.

--Steve
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Treo Launcher behaves just like LauncherX on the 755. So in order to make LauncherX my default application launcher all I have to do is to install zlauncher? I'll give it a try.

-Skip
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skipm View Post
    Treo Launcher behaves just like LauncherX on the 755. So in order to make LauncherX my default application launcher all I have to do is to install zlauncher? I'll give it a try.

-Skip
    I am trying to get Launcher X as my default and if I install both Launcher X and Zlauncher I still can't get Launcher X to stay default.

In both aps each has a preference setting to make itself the default ap. If I turn on the preference in Zlauncher it does stay default but when I try setting the default preference in Launcher X it still exits when I use the Home key.
    Are there any combination of settings you used to get Launcher X as the default ?

Thanks,
    Rich
    I too noticed that when I installed ZLauncher, this had the effect of "sometimes" making LauncherX stay as the default launcher. It was not consistent, and seemed to have little ryhme or reason. After deleting ZLauncher, I cannot get LauncherX to stay as default launcher at all now.

For now, the next best thing is to have LauncherX as a shortcut icon on my Phone app. This way, I can simply click into the icon which launches LauncherX quickly. However, the dedicated home key still doesn't do what I want, and I only get the built-in worthless launcher.

Another alternate improv solution is to program the left Side Button to launch LauncherX. Simply go to Prefs, Buttons, and change the Side Button to launch LauncherX.

I'm sure Jeff Gibson must be working on this whenever LauncherX version 2 comes out. If you check out Jeff's Developer Corner, there are already people chatting about this very problem.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!