Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I have a Sprint 755p with versamail version 3.5.4. When I go to the Auto Sync option in preferences, I do not see the "as items arrive" selection. 5 minutes is the lowest option. I don't know of any versamail updates for the 755p. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
    Treo 600-->Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Diamond --> HTC Touch Pro 2 --> HTC EVO
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Nevermind, I figured it out. I had to actually sync successfully and then the option automatically appeared.
    Treo 600-->Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Diamond --> HTC Touch Pro 2 --> HTC EVO
    How do you setup direct push option in 755p. I need my phone to check mail when a new mail arrives not every 5 min's to 10 min.
    Please help me to setup whenever mail arrive option

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hydcorner View Post
    How do you setup direct push option in 755p. I need my phone to check mail when a new mail arrives not every 5 min's to 10 min.
    Please help me to setup whenever mail arrive option

Thanks
    (This is very simplified) If your company uses Exchange server with Active Sync setup you can setup the account as an Active Sync account. Most companies that have Active Sync setup have web based email with owa in the address.
    Anyone have more detailed directions with this function? thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrianam View Post
    Anyone have more detailed directions with this function? thanks!
    the best thing to do is to check with your IT department. If they have Active Sync setup on their Exchange servers, they can give you the info you need to setup Versamail.
    I want to set up push direct for my personal email. Is there a way of doing this?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    You can ONLY get direct push email from Exchange with ActiveSync. Not a regular old pop3 or webmail account.
    I am certain that this question has been asked and answered, but...
    Does the screen turn on when email is pushed to the treo using Versamail?
    no screen does not turn on
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
    I want to set up push direct for my personal email. Is there a way of doing this?

Yes. You can use a web-based exchange account like one offered by mail2web.com. I forward my gmail and charter accounts to my mail2web account, then set up mail2web as an exchange account in versamail. Works really well.

Lou
    Has anybody gotten the PUSH email with Exchange to work WITHOUT syncing contacts and the calendar?
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treosized View Post
    Has anybody gotten the PUSH email with Exchange to work WITHOUT syncing contacts and the calendar?
    No and this makes life with exchange annoying. The problem is not calendar but contacts. Emails I receive when I'm on someone's distribution list, I get all of these weird entries in my contacts. I just set mine to sync every 30 minutes and I only select email.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    My issue with active sync is not being able to hotsync calendar and contacts with my home outlook.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I just recently upgraded to a 755 from a 650 and am using Versamail with EAS and it works fairly well.

Does anyone know if you set Versamail to "Auto Empty Mail from Trash", does it only do it on your Treo, and does it empty it on the server side too. I really don't want to trash all my email in Outlook, just locally on the Treo.