Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I've had my phone for just over a month (and I mean exactly. I think I signed up SERO on April 11 or 12), and the headphone jack has already died.

I had the same issue on my 650, but I could "reset" it or "fix" it by wiggling the connector in the hole or pulling it out and putting it back in quickly. It fixed it every time (sometimes took several dozen attempts, but always brought it back). Well, my jack went out this afternoon and no wiggling is bringing it back. I give up. Plus my 650 took about 20 months or so for the jack to die and constant, CONSTANT use. The 700p took all of a month of very, VERY light use. That doesn't bode well.

If I go back to Sprint now, what will they do? Will they try to fix it? I can't go without a phone for a long period of time. Will they replace it? I'd prefer a 700p, but I would settle for a 755p (I don't want to go to a mini-SD and no High Capacity cards).

Any ideas what I can expect?

thanks for any help you can give me. I'm heading in tomorrow afternoon.

K-
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Since it is only a month I would guess replace it with a new phone (don't know which one?). Worst case they would give you a refurbished 700p.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    If you bought the phone with a contract extension you could probably complain and get a 755p especially if you are within your first 30 days with the phone.

If it was a 700p refurb to replace your 650, if you call retentions you may be able to get a 755p also. Just check the 755p forum under 755p deals and you will see some people got the 755p as an warrenty replacement.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I'm not a contract extension. I'm a new customer. I had been with VZN, but didn't want to get gouged with their DATA fees. I found SERO and happily switched.

My current (malfunctioning) 700p is a brand new one that was sent to me when I signed up.

I don't think retentions will help me if I am a new customer.

Can I go into ANY Sprint store to do this? I have one of those little Sprint stores like 4 minutes from my house. It is in a strip mall and they only do Sprint/Nextel and it looks to be a mom and pop version. Can I have them do it or will I have to go to a "big" place?

Could I just do this over the phone? Can I call the number and tell them my phone is "broke", or will they just tell me to go to a store?

Thanks again for the help.
    K-
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    My headphone jack was messed up and I got a refurbished one. They didn't have any in stock so they had to order me one. I had to wait like 3 days.
    A new customer...? The clout you have! They will fix or replace it free. I dont know what the Sprint warranty is, but it shouldnt be a problem.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaivorb View Post
    I'm not a contract extension. I'm a new customer. I had been with VZN, but didn't want to get gouged with their DATA fees. I found SERO and happily switched.

My current (malfunctioning) 700p is a brand new one that was sent to me when I signed up.

I don't think retentions will help me if I am a new customer.

Can I go into ANY Sprint store to do this? I have one of those little Sprint stores like 4 minutes from my house. It is in a strip mall and they only do Sprint/Nextel and it looks to be a mom and pop version. Can I have them do it or will I have to go to a "big" place?

Could I just do this over the phone? Can I call the number and tell them my phone is "broke", or will they just tell me to go to a store?

Thanks again for the help.
    K-
    Don't bet on the little Sprint shop doing anything for you. They're probably an independent. It's more like a Mall Kiosk than a store. You'll need to go to a store that has technicians (a corporate store). A tech will look at the phone. If they can repair it, they will (don't hold your breath). Otherwise, they will probably replace it for you. If they don't have anymore of the 700p models, ask them to call around to the other corporate stores. If that's a no go, have the store enter an order for a replacement 700p. Then call *2 with the order in your hand and verify that they are going to send a 700p, not a 755p. Good Luck
    As long as its within a year you will get a replacement.

Yes its a recurring problem with Treo. I had the 2.5mm jacks broken on two 650. That's why I brought the insurance for my 700p.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    one last question. i bought a nifty skinit.com skin for my 700p that cost me like $15. Since the skin is a sticker and can not be moved from one device to another, will I just be out that money? Can I not get reimbursed for something like that?

It would just add insult to injury to have to be out the money on something like that that I have only had for a few weeks. Any good news out there?

K-