Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 144
  1. #121  
    Did a hard reset and patched to the new Treo 680 version. Reinstalled from backup. Now I get a reset every 5-15 minutes from Mundu Messenger. My phone app (using #*377) tells me each time that Mundu IM 4.0.0 is the culprit. So effectively, this patch has rendered Mundu useless. I guess I'm going back to Verichat until either Mundu or Palm figure out WTF is going on.

    I'm curious if anyone else is having issues with applications that don't work quite right now that they've installed the OS patch.
  2. #122  
    Interesting. My Mundu IM is working fine.
  3. #123  
    Well,
    I went through the whole update and noticed the following items. First, I got some kind of warning or error message because of the Good Link software. I can't remember if it just said the backup would fail, but it did give me an option to continue.. I choose continue and went through the whole process. At the end it said it was finished.

    After everything was completed the device booted up with the Cingular logo. I checked the software version and it still had the old version?? So, it seems like it when through the whole process and did nothing.. I really don't want to do a hard reset to remove Good Link, Re-sync and start from scratch before applying the patch. However, this maybe my only option.. I am just suprised it went through the whole process and I see no evidence anything happened.
  4. #124  
    After doing my update, it seemed my Memos would not sync, and I would get a reset after every hotsync unless I set Contacts to "handheld overwrites desktop". So I decided to do a hard reset and reload. I opted not to reload from backup (other than my contacts, memos, address, etc data) and just reload apps from scratch.

    MUCH better. The device is also very responsive after doing so. I suspect there's memory fragmentation going on over time that drags on performance. The hard reset has fixed all my problems I had with since the update.
  5. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by rodneyr View Post
    Well,
    I went through the whole update and noticed the following items. First, I got some kind of warning or error message because of the Good Link software. I can't remember if it just said the backup would fail, but it did give me an option to continue.. I choose continue and went through the whole process. At the end it said it was finished.

    After everything was completed the device booted up with the Cingular logo. I checked the software version and it still had the old version?? So, it seems like it when through the whole process and did nothing.. I really don't want to do a hard reset to remove Good Link, Re-sync and start from scratch before applying the patch. However, this maybe my only option.. I am just suprised it went through the whole process and I see no evidence anything happened.
    Exact same thing here. I have Good installed on my 680 also. My Phone Info in the phone app still says I'm on 1.03CNG even after the successful long install. I'm not sure it ever went did step 5 on the Palm instructions, where the Treo screen says "Update device ROM" for 5 minutes. Strange that it said it completed successfully.

    Anyone know how to deal with this and get the upgrade?
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I never had the gibberish issue...



    Are you still saving those???
    not any more

    :lol:


    [went back and fixxed my posts i was on my phone]
  7. #127  
    Hey I am running this updater and Its taking me like 3 hours as of now...what do u might happen if I cancel it now??....

    Hopefully any of the online treo guru's can help me...thanx
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by opinari View Post
    Did a hard reset and patched to the new Treo 680 version. Reinstalled from backup. Now I get a reset every 5-15 minutes from Mundu Messenger. My phone app (using #*377) tells me each time that Mundu IM 4.0.0 is the culprit. So effectively, this patch has rendered Mundu useless. I guess I'm going back to Verichat until either Mundu or Palm figure out WTF is going on.

    I'm curious if anyone else is having issues with applications that don't work quite right now that they've installed the OS patch.
    An update to this issue... Mundu doesn't crash when it is running in the foreground. But when I have it set for background mode, it fails EVERY TIME. It seldom failed before this ROM update. If there are other users out there that run background apps, I'd be interested to know which of them, if any, are causing crashes on your newly-updated Treo 680.

    I should add that I also run Chatter in the background, but according to the phone's own diagnostic check, it isn't Chatter that is causing the crash. It is Mundu.
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    My phone was randomly turning on and off on Saturday and I haven't done the update. I figured it was a Cingular problem...I was using my 650 at the time.

    If by randomly turning on and off, you mean the screen keeps turning on and off randomly, then to let you know, my 650 does that all the time when travelling, and occassionally when just sitting there. I use TMo on an unlocked Cingular Treo 650 with no updates. Either way, daily I am becoming happier with my (now functional) Treo 650 as even with the display turning on and off randomly, it gets 4-5 days on standby and gets better reception than my 680.

    -Robert
    ___________________________________________-
    Palm m505 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  10. #130  
    There were a lot of people that reported Mundu caused a problem with the 680 even prior to the update. However, I never had a problem with it. I am running Mundu right now with no problem either - background or foreground.
  11. Thom_D's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom_D View Post
    Has anyone who uses Goodlink run the updater? The palm web site indicates that if you use Good you will need to download the software and reinstall, and that you need to go to the Good.com site to get instructions on what to do. I couldn't find anything on this at Good.com other than a link to the Palm.com web site that has a link to the Good.com web site!?

    My question is, if you are running Goodlink and install the ROM update can you reinstall Good from a backup on the SD card? Or is there something in the ROM that requires a new version of the Good software?
    I finally got around to installing the update. And other than getting hit with the endless reset loop problem, that I had to do a Hard Reset to get out of, the install went fine. I did back up my GoodLink to my SD card and it reinstalled just fine. So far, only 30 minutes, it seems to have gone well.

    I did have to reinstall one program, Astraware Sudoku but everything else came back after a hotsync.
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by rodneyr View Post
    Well,
    I went through the whole update and noticed the following items. First, I got some kind of warning or error message because of the Good Link software. I can't remember if it just said the backup would fail, but it did give me an option to continue.. I choose continue and went through the whole process. At the end it said it was finished.

    After everything was completed the device booted up with the Cingular logo. I checked the software version and it still had the old version?? So, it seems like it when through the whole process and did nothing.. I really don't want to do a hard reset to remove Good Link, Re-sync and start from scratch before applying the patch. However, this maybe my only option.. I am just suprised it went through the whole process and I see no evidence anything happened.
    Well I got around this with the answer to every Treo problem - do a hard reset. After wiping out all programs, the ROM update completed, and the apps were restored with a sync. I do get tired of that though. Our company is abandoning the Palm platform in the next couple months.
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by rickstreo View Post
    There were a lot of people that reported Mundu caused a problem with the 680 even prior to the update. However, I never had a problem with it. I am running Mundu right now with no problem either - background or foreground.
    Crashes/day with the old ROM install - None
    Crashes/day with the new ROM install - at least 3.

    This is with heavy use, with Chatter and Mundu enabled in the background. My heap size degrades quickly and DBCache returns a message that some of the memory isn't recoverable, even if I use DBCache to clear it. This is a new issue to me. Mundu used to never cannibalize the heap this way. Now I can't run it at all without a reset.

    Is Mundu planning to issue an update anytime soon?
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMfromLI View Post
    If by randomly turning on and off, you mean the screen keeps turning on and off randomly, then to let you know, my 650 does that all the time when travelling, and occassionally when just sitting there. I use TMo on an unlocked Cingular Treo 650 with no updates. Either way, daily I am becoming happier with my (now functional) Treo 650 as even with the display turning on and off randomly, it gets 4-5 days on standby and gets better reception than my 680.

    -Robert
    LOL...no not the screen. I'm pretty familiar with the 650, so I wouldn't worry about the screen flashing randomly on occasion . It was the actual radio that was turning itself on then immediately off for no apparent reason. It happened for a few hours and then stopped just as suddenly as it started. The battery life on my 650 is great, but my 680's battery life isn't as bad as some report theirs is...
  15. braj's Avatar
    Posts
    961 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    #135  
    I have a newly purchased unlocked 680 straight from Palm's campus. I don't have any issues with it and wondered if it may already be 'fixed'. My info from the phone info screen:

    Firmware: MW01.50
    Software: Treo680-1.04-ROW

    What issues does this update fix again, and should you bother if you don't have issues?
  16. #136  
    The Palm update is for AT&T/Cingular Treos...not unlocked devices.
  17. braj's Avatar
    Posts
    961 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    The Palm update is for AT&T/Cingular Treos...not unlocked devices.
    Yeah, I know that, but there was some talk about installing it on unlocked devices.
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    Yeah, I know that, but there was some talk about installing it on unlocked devices.
    I saw some of that talk as well. I'm not really sure why anyone would want to risk bricking their Treo investment by doing that. The main reason for the update was the gibberish - which only happened on Cingular/AT&T 680s. The other "fixes" were released as standalone updates so there is not any real reason to risk a problem.
  19. braj's Avatar
    Posts
    961 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by rickstreo View Post
    I saw some of that talk as well. I'm not really sure why anyone would want to risk bricking their Treo investment by doing that. The main reason for the update was the gibberish - which only happened on Cingular/AT&T 680s. The other "fixes" were released as standalone updates so there is not any real reason to risk a problem.
    Great, thanks for clarifying!
  20. #140  
    this is crap


    all my third party apps are crashing its doing a reset now with troccer gmail miniutes plus crashed once dope wars works


    grrrr i think im going to have to figure out how to do the custom rom thing
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions